arone tajhiri

Feb 11, 2018
We got a shorter public post today

Chapter 12 Status Report (5)
View attachment 3464968
Hi guys, I'm here with another status report on the progress of Chapter 12.

Like I've been doing during the past weeks, I'm alternating between working on the art and the writing. I'd say I have around 50% of the illustrations ready, with another 25% colored and waiting for me to give it the final pass. I also settled on a design for Holly's bikini; I was about to make a poll featuring different colors, but I found a pattern that works for what I had in mind.

You can see a sneak peek and read more about the challenges of the writing process in the .
any way to see the sneak peek...

Reactions: Jason Grimm

iainmore

Jun 12, 2017
Folks just needed to look at the number of tags to know this wasn't going to be a quickie of any kind. The multiple protagonist tag was another big giveaway clue that we were in it for the long haul. But hey a lot of folks dont read the tags, it is obviosuly too much of a chore for them.

I kind of like lots of routes as it it gives me several routes to play whilst avoiding those I dont want to play. I kind of like to stick it to several of the protagonists as well. there are several other games to play whilst I wait for this to update. I am confident it will get updated as well and I cant say that for a lot of Games/VNs here.

Last edited:

ExtremeLips

Dec 22, 2023
We got a shorter public post today

View attachment 3464968

Like I've been doing during the past weeks, I'm alternating between working on the art and the writing. I'd say I have around 50% of the illustrations ready, with another 25% colored and waiting for me to give it the final pass. I also settled on a design for Holly's bikini; I was about to make a poll featuring different colors, but I found a pattern that works for what I had in mind.

You can see a sneak peek and read more about the challenges of the writing process in the .
Does anyone have this sneak peek?

BigOlP

Dec 13, 2018
Does anyone have this sneak peek?
I gotcha.

1711036590970.png

Like I've been doing during the past weeks, I'm alternating between working on the art and the writing. I'd say I have around 50% of the illustrations ready, with another 25% colored and waiting for me to give it the final pass. I also settled on a design for Holly's bikini; I was about to make a poll featuring different colors, but I found a pattern that works for what I had in mind. I think she looks both cute and sexy, relaxing at the beach:

I'm also making progress on the writing: I'm structuring the chapter across 3 in-game days, and I hope to have the first block (which contains the first two days) ready for playtesting soon.

The writing is proving to be very challenging and the process is not straight-forward at all. Each scene takes longer to write that I'd like, but the amount of nuance in character relationships and status is very large, and I want them to be represented adequately. Also, it's hard to structure events and dialogues and I find myself going back and forth scenes and changing and modifying things more often than in previous chapters.

Some of the main challenges when building the script are not imediately obvious, but deciding the scene order and how events flow into each other has become quite complex. t's crucial to coordinate the presentation of information, dialogues, and events in a balanced and functional way for all possible branches, and some are easy to miss, especially when you try to make the conversations and scenes interactive. Sometimes the simple things, like a bridge between two scenes, can become something really complex and cumbersome to craft, and with all the possible variables, writing a scene feels like weaving a tapestry made of words and sentences that have to flow and connect with each other in a coherent manner, while staying choesive with the overarching narratives too.

That said, I'm trying my best and so far I think the chapter is coming together quite nicely! I can't wait for the time you guys get to judge the result. I'll keep reporting the progress, and showing some sneak peeks soon.

Leongen43

Forum Fanatic
Dec 4, 2022
I believe it would be a good idea for Eva’s next game to return to a single protagonist.
Hopefully one of us will be alive when that happens :ROFLMAO: :cry::whistle:, but if it happens it could be:
Male protagonist: a BBC martial arts super star who falls from grace for losing the title and where he has to start over, maybe similar to Marcel but younger where you can have sex with your rivals' girlfriends
Female protagonist: a rookie reporter whose job is to investigate a crime where to do so she has to enter a world of corruption and sex where there are a variety of characters who want to help or harm her.

This could serve to avoid being repetitive in your stories, right? :unsure:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Late May to June release for Ian's part. Late 2024 for Lena's. We're on the one-update-per-year rollercoaster, baby! :BootyTime:
There is some chance Lena's part will come together faster: Ian's part is slowed down by the huge number of variations which come to head at the beach house and the player's agency in shaping these further, but Lena's part is likely to be more of a (brief) recap of how the player's choices on Ian's side and the other events looked from Lena's PoV, and without options because Lena has already 'made' her choices during Ian's part. Similar to how Ian/Lena establishing their relationship is arranged.

Reactions: amber111

fatpussy123

May 9, 2020
I gotcha.

View attachment 3465720

Like I've been doing during the past weeks, I'm alternating between working on the art and the writing. I'd say I have around 50% of the illustrations ready, with another 25% colored and waiting for me to give it the final pass. I also settled on a design for Holly's bikini; I was about to make a poll featuring different colors, but I found a pattern that works for what I had in mind. I think she looks both cute and sexy, relaxing at the beach:

I'm also making progress on the writing: I'm structuring the chapter across 3 in-game days, and I hope to have the first block (which contains the first two days) ready for playtesting soon.

The writing is proving to be very challenging and the process is not straight-forward at all. Each scene takes longer to write that I'd like, but the amount of nuance in character relationships and status is very large, and I want them to be represented adequately. Also, it's hard to structure events and dialogues and I find myself going back and forth scenes and changing and modifying things more often than in previous chapters.

Some of the main challenges when building the script are not imediately obvious, but deciding the scene order and how events flow into each other has become quite complex. t's crucial to coordinate the presentation of information, dialogues, and events in a balanced and functional way for all possible branches, and some are easy to miss, especially when you try to make the conversations and scenes interactive. Sometimes the simple things, like a bridge between two scenes, can become something really complex and cumbersome to craft, and with all the possible variables, writing a scene feels like weaving a tapestry made of words and sentences that have to flow and connect with each other in a coherent manner, while staying choesive with the overarching narratives too.

That said, I'm trying my best and so far I think the chapter is coming together quite nicely! I can't wait for the time you guys get to judge the result. I'll keep reporting the progress, and showing some sneak peeks soon.
Damn I guess everyone getting a BBL at the beach

• Haha
Reactions: SearingFive

thiagofuria

May 1, 2017
I gotcha.

View attachment 3465720

Eva need someone to help her with the script and writing, this is too complex for her to handle this by herself.

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
I gotcha.

View attachment 3465720

mhhhh what does her bikini look if ian cant commit to holly? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

thats unchanged/nerdy holly or????

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
GGGB: one month
ORS: one year

How could it have come to this, Eva?! :cautious:
At the start, it's fairly quick. But with two characters paths and all the interactions, the amount of work increases exponentially. I would never do this sort of visual novel. Just keeping track of all the interactions and the different possible paths is insane. Eva should have stuck with just the ONE character. I dislike the two.

4.60 star(s) 316 Votes