Andrea9999

Nov 9, 2022
EK can leave the Seymour content out as far as i am concerned. just have the blog guy dig up dirt on him, inform the FBI and have his ass jailed off camera. you can have Emma let everyone know about it during some scenes and they can have a party about it where Lena and Ian celebrate being free of the asshole. Ian's book can be posted online and he can make his writing fortune from there. Lena can finally get free of that stalker and get on with her life.
Every party needs a pooper; that's why we invited you....

Andrea9999

Nov 9, 2022
I'm asking because of the branching possibilities, mainly regarding the beach trip... Eva will have to create two storylines: one in which Lena stays at the beach until its end, one in which she leaves early for Seymour's trip.
Perhaps I got you wrong in your original post. I do not think it would be so labor intensive for EK to do the two renditions of the beach trip unless Lena's presence for the final days were to result in a new arc being generated and hence yet another branch opening up in the story. But you have me wondering whether a hostile, forced Lena would be accompanying Seymour on a "business" trip.

jimul18

Mar 10, 2019
Perhaps I got you wrong in your original post. I do not think it would be so labor intensive for EK to do the two renditions of the beach trip unless Lena's presence for the final days were to result in a new arc being generated and hence yet another branch opening up in the story. But you have me wondering whether a hostile, forced Lena would be accompanying Seymour on a "business" trip.
At this point the Seymour debate is moot. I doubt it will be part of Lena's half of the update unless EK has already announced it (Did I miss something?). In my opinion the Seymour arc, while way too tame, at the moment has some of the biggest potential. Axel having similar potential for depravity (e.g. BDSM) though no hints at group involvement on that path...yet.

Reactions: Andrea9999

Andrea9999

Nov 9, 2022
At this point the Seymour debate is moot. I doubt it will be part of Lena's half of the update unless EK has already announced it (Did I miss something?). In my opinion the Seymour arc, while way too tame, at the moment has some of the biggest potential. Axel having similar potential for depravity (e.g. BDSM) though no hints at group involvement on that path...yet.
Except for mention of an upcoming trip by Seymour to Lena. That may be in the next half coming in. But EK has been so slow to develop this arc that it may be a while. I agree it has the most potential. An erotic inclusion of Axel is possible ; I expect that would occur with Seymour ceding the handling of a Lena-Axel duo to Agnes. While that could be hot, I also would welcome seeing a Lena-Ian puppet duo. The latter would be consistent with Ian depending vocationally on Seymour.

lucadiadis

May 25, 2018
I'd guess it's the "stealing other guy's girl" factor, since it's the only storyline like that.
Alright. Not my fetish at all. IRL I had such an opportunity with a stunning girl in my twenties, but in the end I turned her down, the lad was a really good friend and a genuinely great bloke. I had my limits. Maybe like Jeremy, girlfriends of very good friends is where I draw the line.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Alright. Not my fetish at all. IRL I had such an opportunity with a stunning girl in my twenties, but in the end I turned her down, the lad was a really good friend and a genuinely great bloke. I had my limits. Maybe like Jeremy, girlfriends of very good friends is where I draw the line.
Sure and most people are like this. But it's just a game, we can experience things we don't irl.

Socrambus

Oct 28, 2019
I'd guess it's the "stealing other guy's girl" factor, since it's the only storyline like that.
That's just one layer because is not just any other guy. It's your friend who is taller, more handsome and used to be way more successful with girls than you in your teens. And Cindy kind of embodies the trope of the hot popular cheerleader that paid no attention to Ian and was way out of his league back in the day.

So "stealing" Cindy has the forbidden fruit appeal with an extra of betrayal of a close friend. And it also works as validation for Ian that despite everything (his awkard teens, Gillian's break up, struggling writing career and so on) he's now better than Wade and he can get a girl like Cindy. I don't think it's about Cindy as an individual and more about what she represents, kind of the platinum trophy Ian gets for being more confident, working at the gym and getting this career on the right track.

And Cindy as a character is the insatisfaction of someone with a normal boring life when confronted with the (fake or not) appeal of the exciting and successful social media stardom. I find her refreshing compared to most other LI (on this game and others) that she provokes love and hate reactions not just based on her looks and attractiveness but on her contradicting personality. She has obvious flaws and it kind of makes her more real as a character and enhaces the guilty pleasure vibes on her path.

dobzzz

Feb 7, 2018
That's just one layer because is not just any other guy. It's your friend who is taller, more handsome and used to be way more successful with girls than you in your teens. And Cindy kind of embodies the trope of the hot popular cheerleader that paid no attention to Ian and was way out of his league back in the day.

So "stealing" Cindy has the forbidden fruit appeal with an extra of betrayal of a close friend. And it also works as validation for Ian that despite everything (his awkard teens, Gillian's break up, struggling writing career and so on) he's now better than Wade and he can get a girl like Cindy. I don't think it's about Cindy as an individual and more about what she represents, kind of the platinum trophy Ian gets for being more confident, working at the gym and getting this career on the right track.

And Cindy as a character is the insatisfaction of someone with a normal boring life when confronted with the (fake or not) appeal of the exciting and successful social media stardom. I find her refreshing compared to most other LI (on this game and others) that she provokes love and hate reactions not just based on her looks and attractiveness but on her contradicting personality. She has obvious flaws and it kind of makes her more real as a character and enhaces the guilty pleasure vibes on her path.
y do people even assume Ian wasn't popular ?? He was in band and was in a long term relationship, and the dude's been doing martial arts since he was pre-teen. Is it because he is 175 ??

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
Unless Eva does another split (like with Cindy's birthday party for Wade and Holly's book fair) I doubt Seymour and Lena will ever have a significant amount of time devoted to them alone. We are talking about an optional route here after all, so any Seymour scenes that become too lengthy will need non-Seymour alternatives to at least fill in some of that same time slot.

Since Billy's route is optional too, or at least seems that way so far, it probably won't serve as a Seymour alternative either, for example. Last scene I recall that was a direct replacement was when Lena was introduced to that random new photographer guy.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
y do people even assume Ian wasn't popular ?? He was in band and was in a long term relationship, and the dude's been doing martial arts since he was pre-teen. Is it because he is 175 ??
IIRC Ian has some bit of internal monologue how their entire little clique was more of "the weird kids" in HS, with Wade being relative exception. Jeremy's new persona is a result of trying to get away from that stereotype, while Perry and Emma never bothered.

Socrambus

Oct 28, 2019
It's mentioned several times during the game:

Python:
            i "Sometimes I miss those good old times in high school..."
            p "Good old times? We were a b--{w=0.5}bunch of nerds, have you forgotten?"
            w "Hey, speak for yourself."
            p "You were a nerd as m--{w=0.5}much as any of us back then, W--{w=0.5}wade."
            e "We were not the most popular kids, that's for sure, ha ha."
            i "Well, you never cared about that. That's why you were quite popular despite being a nerd, Emma."
Python:
        h "I've never been too popular... Especially during high school. I didn't have many friends even when I was a kid..."
        i "I understand that feeling. I was never too popular either and spent most of my time alone, living in the fantasy worlds I created for myself."
        h "Yes, that's right..."
        $ flena = "n"
        l "Is that so? You told me you were in a rock band..."
        $ fian = "smile"
        i "Yeah, but we never were the cool kids, not at all!"
        i "We were a group of misfits that happened to be lucky enough to meet each other at the right time."
        i "If it weren't for them, I would've been way more lonely during my high school years."

Although I get what you mean, the rock band thing feels kind of odd for the vibes Eva is trying to portray. And it's kind of weird that it's not used for Ian playing bass with Lena and almost not used to relate to Lena's music thing (Ian usually relates with his writing as an artsy thing too). Maybe a D&D group would have worked better than a rock band for the nerd vibes and also as a way to connect with Holly through fantasy.

Last edited:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Unless Eva does another split (like with Cindy's birthday party for Wade and Holly's book fair) I doubt Seymour and Lena will ever have a significant amount of time devoted to them alone. We are talking about an optional route here after all, so any Seymour scenes that become too lengthy will need non-Seymour alternatives to at least fill in some of that same time slot.
I think in this particular scenario EK is planning to have Lena entertain herself with Jeremy as an option, if she doesn't go with Seymour. There were some earlier crumbs dropped to that effect earlier. Failing that, there's always Stan and Robert :hidethepain: The alternative could also always be a simple skip of a day, the game does this sort of thing sometimes if a day is dedicated to events of route the given protagonist isn't on.

Reactions: Balsamic

Geigi

Jul 7, 2017
IRL I had such an opportunity with a stunning girl in my twenties, but in the end I turned her down, the lad was a really good friend and a genuinely great bloke. I had my limits. Maybe like Jeremy, girlfriends of very good friends is where I draw the line.
Respectable.

Reactions: lucadiadis

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
About Seymour,EK clearly likes him very much,she cried when she did bad in the popularity poll so yeah that character is not leaving anytime soon,is going to get worse IMO.

dobzzz

Feb 7, 2018
It's mentioned several times during the game:

Python:
            i "Sometimes I miss those good old times in high school..."
            p "Good old times? We were a b--{w=0.5}bunch of nerds, have you forgotten?"
            w "Hey, speak for yourself."
            p "You were a nerd as m--{w=0.5}much as any of us back then, W--{w=0.5}wade."
            e "We were not the most popular kids, that's for sure, ha ha."
            i "Well, you never cared about that. That's why you were quite popular despite being a nerd, Emma."
Python:
        h "I've never been too popular... Especially during high school. I didn't have many friends even when I was a kid..."
        i "I understand that feeling. I was never too popular either and spent most of my time alone, living in the fantasy worlds I created for myself."
        h "Yes, that's right..."
        $ flena = "n"
        l "Is that so? You told me you were in a rock band..."
        $ fian = "smile"
        i "Yeah, but we never were the cool kids, not at all!"
        i "We were a group of misfits that happened to be lucky enough to meet each other at the right time."
        i "If it weren't for them, I would've been way more lonely during my high school years."

Although I get what you mean, the rock band thing feels kind of odd for the vibes Eva is trying to portray. And it's kind of weird that it's not used for Ian playing bass with Lena and almost not used to relate to Lena's music thing (Ian usually relates with his writing as an artsy thing too). Maybe a D&D group would have worked better than a rock band for the nerd vibes and also as a way to connect with Holly through fantasy.
well lotta girls including Alison and Cindy thought he has attractive and who care what Perry thinks

Reactions: Mark17
4.60 star(s) 318 Votes