leg28

Aug 15, 2018
Well, he was at 7% in the previous poll (with Lena being at 57% and Both at 36%) so it's not exactly surprising imho.

What I find interesting is how the number of people who enjoy playing them both has grown (I suspect some of Ian's support goes there) and now is almost tied with the Lena option. I guess EvaKiss is managing to sell the dual MC approach to her audience.
From 7 to 9 is not much change. It is statistical error margin. My guess main reason why "both" path rised are female side charachters exclusive to Ian, imo mostly Cindy. Jeremy, although is shared charachter, he is strongly connected to Ian and seems to be very popular here. Other male charachters from Ian story sucks.

DDDIsReal

B.I.T.W.
Donor
Dec 25, 2019
Hey guys, so I played all of GGGB a long time ago and have been out of it but knew Evakiss had been working on another game. I tried it out tonight and it’s good but I got stuck on a part. I’m actually not sure how far or what chapter I’m on but it’s after Wade birthday and Ian and Cindy in the alley. They were caught by ivy and Jeremy but then I get that error page where I can scroll back, copy, or open. I can’t progress from here and had to quit out. Not sure if this a unique problem for my game or this has been a problem before but anyone have a solution?
You have only one solution: waiting

Apr 4, 2019
And I admit, sometimes, while playing as Lena, I do feel like "been there, done that"
I think so too. And thats somewhat a problem. It probably stems from the fact, that GGGB was such an open game. You could do such much things with Ashley, that now with Lena you cant really do something new. And thats one reason why Ian is so important to the game. Imho, his dynamic between Lena and Ian is the only big and relevant diffrence between Lena and Ashley.

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
I think so too. And thats somewhat a problem. It probably stems from the fact, that GGGB was such an open game. You could do such much things with Ashley, that now with Lena you cant really do something new. And thats one reason why Ian is so important to the game. Imho, his dynamic between Lena and Ian is the only big and relevant diffrence between Lena and Ashley.
I had a hard time with this game in the beginning - especially because it is slower paced. In GGGB things can escalate a lot quicker, without feeling rushed.

ORS feels a bit stretched out - not in a way it bothers me (now, after I got to know the characters a bit better ^^), but compared to GGGB it is slower but a lot more dense, especially because of the two viewpoints.

I prefer single protag games, but because both are unique und have their own personality I can live with that here :)

But I do hope that we will see some more major corruption after 0.8 (I have read that this is more of a "where are we all - and what is coming next" kind of update). I played GGGB on probably all ways possible (some combinations can still "break" the game ^^) but the hardcore corruption was a lot of fun and that I do miss here currently. Everything is quite nice and vanilla. Yeah some fooling around and minor cheating and stuff, but nothing major. No drugs or stuff like that - I do hope we will get to that point sooner or later. :)

The game got me sold on the dual protag thing here - but when I had to choose I would always pick Lena over Ian - maybe that is the after effect of GGGB - dunno ^^ ... I REALLY do hope that there will be some way to get Lena + Cindy content ... maybe over Axel ... who knows.

Last edited:

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020
I had a hard time with this game in the beginning - especially because it is slower paced. In GGGB things can escalate a lot quicker, without feeling rushed.

ORS feels a bit stretched out - not in a way it bothers me (now, after I got to know the characters a bit better ^^), but compared to GGGB it is slower but a lot more dense, especially because of the two viewpoints.

I prefer single protag games, but because both are unique und have their own personality I can live with that here :)

But I do hope that we will see some more major corruption after 0.8 (I have read that this is more of a "where are we all - and what is coming next" kind of update). I played GGGB on probably all ways possible (some combinations can still "break" the game ^^) but the hardcore corruption was a lot of fun and that I do miss here currently. Everything is quite nice and vanilla. Yeah some fooling around and minor cheating and stuff, but nothing major. No drugs or stuff like that - I do hope we will get to that point sooner or later. :)

The game got me sold on the dual protag thing here - but when I had to choose I would always pick Lena over Ian - maybe that is the after effect of GGGB - dunno ^^ ... I REALLY do hope that there will be some way to get Lena + Cindy content ... maybe over Axel ... who knows.
I do agree with you.
I certainly hope that the path with Seymour and/or Axel will lead to a hardcore path.

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020
It feels like wiht Seymour it goes somehting like TPE or something. With Axel not soooooo much, but also in that direction. Maybe more EPE? Who knows.
Sorry newbie here !
What does mean TPE and EPE ?
Thanks. :)

ntrnar

Jul 21, 2017
Do you have reason to believe this?
Would be a big shock for it to be tomorrow. Expect it to be end of the month at a minimum. Only possible reason for it being sooner is the couple of Sneak Peaks which Eva only tends to post when she is close, although when she made GGGB they used to come earlier than they have for ORS so I don't think it means anything concrete

RenGames69

Dev of "Under The Full Moon"
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2020

Unlocked

Giao's studio is working on a new background for this upcoming chapter. Here's the sketch for it... Can you guess what's the place it's supposed to be depicting?
Here's a tip: a sex scene will happen here, and it might surprise you...
Looks like old lady room

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
Sorry newbie here !
Thanks. :)
I guess it means Total Power Exchange. A Sub agrees to be literally a slave to a Dom 24/7. Often signed properly with a contract which assignes the slave to a masters property. Since slavery is ofc officially abolished in most (all?) civilized countries the contract is not exactly legally binding, but both parties agree to consider it legal.
Not so sure about EPE, but i guess it is a lesser form of Power Exchange, like agreeing to be a slave for a certain amount of time, lets say for a weekend or when Dom and Sub visit a BDSM event.

Apr 4, 2019
Not so sure about EPE, but i guess it is a lesser form of Power Exchange, like agreeing to be a slave for a certain amount of time, lets say for a weekend or when Dom and Sub visit a BDSM event.
EPE means Erotic Power Exchange. That is basically if this dom-sub relationship is only in a erotic context, and not in everyday life. I am not as knowledgeable about that as I would like to be, but that should cover it.

Reactions: dogedoge and Tulrek

Reaurt

Nov 25, 2017
I suspect this game won't lean quite as heavily into the intense corruption aspects for Lena as GGGB did for Ashley. According to that interview Eva did, in ORS she's not focusing as much on implementing fetishes her fans want her to implement (as she did in GGGB) as she is on exploring the relationships between the characters and the sexy scenes that come from emotional attachment and drama.

If that's true, there will be some fetishes that arise naturally out of the writing. Some events that can be labeled as "corruption" will happen, but I doubt stuff like the bimbo route or the drug route will be written out here in such a straightforward way.

That said, I do think it's easy for Eva to fall into the trap of writing Lena like Ashley without being aware of it, because for Eva, it's likely a familiar way of writing female characters in erotic novels because she worked on GGGB for years.

Massi89

Dec 21, 2020
I suspect this game won't lean quite as heavily into the intense corruption aspects for Lena as GGGB did for Ashley. According to that interview Eva did, in ORS she's not focusing as much on implementing fetishes her fans want her to implement (as she did in GGGB) as she is on exploring the relationships between the characters and the sexy scenes that come from emotional attachment and drama.

If that's true, there will be some fetishes that arise naturally out of the writing. Some events that can be labeled as "corruption" will happen, but I doubt stuff like the bimbo route or the drug route will be written out here in such a straightforward way.
To be fair, in chapter 7 there is already a way to make Lena take a drug, and make her become progressively more of a pervert. I think Eva meant that she's not going to make Lena become a thug as she did with Ashley, but personally I think and hope there will still be some bimbofication.

ekroniuk

Dec 3, 2017
Lena could have a dom/sub relationship with Ian (he already can be pretty dominant towards Minerva and Allison). She could tell during the game that she has fantasy of being a sex slave and Jeremy (or even Ivy) can share that info with Ian. It obviously won't be as hardcore as potential Axel/(especially) Seymour route, but sill can be pretty kinky.

Reactions: Pointything

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018

Chapter 8 weekly status report (6)

1619306393500.png

Hi everyone,

I know last week I missed the weekly status report, but I didn't have much to report: during these two weeks I've been hacking away at the writing, which is proving to be pretty challenging. This chapter is titled "Falling into place" rather fittingly, since there are a lot of moving pieces from chapter 7 and previous one that need to be addressed and developed properly properly. Writing this chapter feels like knitting a convoluted tapestry, trying to make sense of all the threads and ordering them correctly so the final picture makes sense and I'm not skipping anything. This means going over scenes a few times, realizing I forgot to add something or deciding this should go there instead of there, so that other thing can happen later and that other thing is foreshadowed, etc, etc...

Writer's block is something that I've had to deal with on a monthly basis since I began writing GGGB, but it's striking me rather hard with this update, probably because I have to account for so many things when writing a scene and I need to write it several times with a lot of big and small variations, making it pretty cumbersome. When I don't enjoy writing something or really struggle with it I have the feeling the players will be equally bored with it, so sometimes pushing forward feels difficult.

Also, I've been forced to update my Ren'py version and suddenly a lot of unexpected and game-breaking problems with the code have popped up and it's making concentrating on the writing even more challenging. I feel rather frustrated and angry with myself for not being able to advance at the pace I set out, especially considering this was supposed to be a shorter chapter compared to 7 and I wanted to release it faster.

Anyway, excuse me for all that complaining. I'm not trying to make any excuses and I'm still trying to work as fast and consistently as I can and deliver something up to the quality standards expected from ORS. I can positively say I've written around 7.000 lines of code and I think that amounts to half the chapter's length. I'm working on solving the bugs with the game due to the Ren'py update with the help of my loyal contributors and my focus is on finishing writing as soon as possible. The colorist is still working on the illustrations, but she should be close to finished, so once the writing is done I will edit all of them while bugtesting and proofreading is being done.

I'm not confident yet to announce a release date, but hopefully it won't take much longer. Thank you for your patience and continued support, I'll pull myself together and try to deliver a satisfying chapter for you guys to enjoy as soon as possible!

4.60 star(s) 313 Votes