manscout

Jun 13, 2018
I there any way to keep ian and lena as a will they or wont they scenario? it seems like if lena accepts ians date in chapter 4 even if in every scenario you choose no kissing and that they arent sure about each other you get forced into a few sex scenes.
I haven't done a playtest to check, but I think the dev intended to be possible for Ian and Lena to not sleep with each other even while dating and all the way to chapter 8 (there's some dialogue in the game's code for such a scenario).

Maybe to prevent some of those scenes you got automatically, you need Lena to be doing Robert and/or Mike on the side (they sometimes come up as alternatives to Ian for some scenes).

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
I think something that gets a bit overlooked are the implications for Holly's character if the scene with Lena were to happen while Lena and Ian are dating. Like, the player can make Lena's character be very hypocritical (in particular with what she might be trying to do with Jeremy), so in that sense I don't think it would be too out of character for her to go after Holly, but would Holly accept her kiss after being made aware in chapter 8 that Ian and Lena are indeed dating and starting to get serious? I feel Holly as a character wouldn't do that, she's too sincere and wouldn't want to be complicit with Lena cheating on Ian, and things would be very awkward for the character dynamics if she had to refuse Lena.
Not that I disagree as a whole but Holly has been hinted as of having something of a slightly more conniving side to her than what one might assume. She does admit to having been aware of Ian/Lena if she gets it on with Ian and many people are under the impression that the "room hiccup" in the hotel in the bookfair portion of ch. 7 was a very convenient development.

Would Holly sleep with Lena to throw a spanner in the works of Ian/Lena? I don't think so, that would be too cruel even if Holly does know to play a situation to her advantage on occasion.
A detail to the Lena/Holly scene in ch. 8 is also that Eva makes a point out of how Lena and Holly give into a base desire, which would suggest that they're both merely reacting to the moment and not really thinking about anything besides each other, thus not directly making any plays in the grander scheme of things.

Reasoon

Apr 8, 2018
In the sense that Ian can be more assertive and bring up Lena's own indescretions against her? No, he still folds so that's pretty much the same.

I get what she's going for, in that it's specifically Holly and if it was anyone else, then she'd be fine, but this is still hypocritical if Lena is pursuing Jeremy and I'm all for her character having these personality flaws. I didn't want her to re-write Lena's thought process anyway, so there could still be time for her to add such an option for Ian in future updates. Even if she feels that Ian is wrong, it'd still be a good option to add in my opinion.
Thanks for the reply. So nothing changes in this Conversation? But didn't Eva said in her Newest Update that she changed exactly that Scene?

TamaMountain

Oct 5, 2018
My bad the unseen text is grayed but the orange bar means that it is selected.
I've click on it one more time to erase the orange bar and the option is well unselected.
It works for me.
Dude I did not know greyed out means that it is selected. Thanks for helping an idiot out :ROFLMAO:. Funny how I got this wrong but was able to correctly disable the greyed out choices.

Reactions: Tulrek

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Not that I disagree as a whole but Holly has been hinted as of having something of a slightly more conniving side to her than what one might assume. She does admit to having been aware of Ian/Lena if she gets it on with Ian and many people are under the impression that the "room hiccup" in the hotel in the bookfair portion of ch. 7 was a very convenient development.

Would Holly sleep with Lena to throw a spanner in the works of Ian/Lena? I don't think so, that would be too cruel even if Holly does know to play a situation to her advantage on occasion.
A detail to the Lena/Holly scene in ch. 8 is also that Eva makes a point out of how Lena and Holly give into a base desire, which would suggest that they're both merely reacting to the moment and not really thinking about anything besides each other, thus not directly making any plays in the grander scheme of things.
Eh, I think there's a big difference between shooting your shot when all you have is a suspicion and doing it when you know for a fact that what you want to do wouldn't be right. She probably had to work herself up like crazy to find the courage to come on to Ian so a possible relationship between him and Lena was probably one of the many uncertainties she had to dismiss. Even if Holly has a conniving and perceptive side, I don't think she would do anything actually immoral, at least not yet.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Aug 20, 2020
Thanks for the reply. So nothing changes in this Conversation? But didn't Eva said in her Newest Update that she changed exactly that Scene?
There are some changes, basically to just hammer home the idea that Lena considers Holly a very close friend and is very protective of her, so she sees Ian as the bad guy in this scenario for using Holly for sex because she's such a gentle soul, that kinda thing. That works fine for a Lena that's been loyal to Ian so far but it's still a double standard in her favor when she's going after Jeremy and having sex with multiple people on the side still.

My thing is that I would've broken up with Lena for Holly, so I wasn't actually intending to use her for sex. I think that being romantic towards Lena (which is what I did) locks you out of Holly later on. In fact if I was in that situation in real life I would probably say to Holly that I like her more and I'd break up with Lena to be with her instead, so in that situation for me it would be Ian breaking it off with Lena for that reason. I'll wait for the final release to judge properly though, she might still change things.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
There are some changes, basically to just hammer home the idea that Lena considers Holly a very close friend and is very protective of her, so she sees Ian as the bad guy in this scenario for using Holly for sex because she's such a gentle soul, that kinda thing. That works fine for a Lena that's been loyal to Ian so far but it's still a double standard in her favor when she's going after Jeremy and having sex with multiple people on the side still.

My thing is that I would've broken up with Lena for Holly, so I wasn't actually intending to use her for sex. I think that being romantic towards Lena (which is what I did) locks you out of Holly later on. In fact if I was in that situation in real life I would probably say to Holly that I like her more and I'd break up with Lena to be with her instead, so in that situation for me it would be Ian breaking it off with Lena for that reason. I'll wait for the final release to judge properly though, she might still change things.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Massi89

Dec 21, 2020

Yeah that's the impression I got already when reading the alpha.
Unless Eva is going to change things even further in the future, maybe she intends for Lena to be THAT screwed up if you make her unloyal to Ian, and for Ian to be the kind of guy who feels guilty and blames himself rather than calling her out (which is not unrealistic, depends on the person).
Story wise, for Ian to call her out would make things VERY drastic, and if Eva plans the game to last for about 20 chapters, maybe she doesn't want something that drastic to happen yet. Just trying to see it from the point of view of the creator.
Of course, we shall see the future chapters to figure out what direction she wants to take.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
I there any way to keep ian and lena as a will they or wont they scenario? it seems like if lena accepts ians date in chapter 4 even if in every scenario you choose no kissing and that they arent sure about each other you get forced into a few sex scenes.
Not really. The closest to that you can do is blueball Ian, but they still have some occasional sexual interactions, but not full-on sex. In Chapter 6 they get to second base (where things stop because of Lena's period), but in Chapter 7 they can do oral on each other. If Lena doesn't have sex with him in the morning, then technically they still haven't had sex. In short, you can either reject Ian entirely or have a slow progression with him. The game doesn't have patience for your indecisiveness, there's a plot to move forward.

Why did you confess your love for Lena to Jeremy then? I think you're trying to have your cake and eat it too. If you said that Ian loves Lena, then, of course, he will prefer her to any other girl. He didn't exactly spend as much time with Holly as he did with Lena. He never showed affection, never tried to make a move on her. His main reason for choosing to go with Holly and bail on Cindy was the possibilities for his career growth (he says that in his inner thoughts), having Holly there was just a nice bonus. It's not like he planned to go with Holly with the same intentions that Holly had. So, once he had his fun with Holly, he realized that he actually fucked up and confesses his true feelings for Lena (to be consistent with your earlier choice regarding his feelings for Lena). If you would've chosen to say to Jeremy that you only see Lena as a hookup, then Ian has an opportunity to "realize that he actually likes Holly more than anyone".

Aug 20, 2020
Why did you confess your love for Lena to Jeremy then? I think you're trying to have your cake and eat it too. If you said that Ian loves Lena, then, of course, he will prefer her to any other girl. He didn't exactly spend as much time with Holly as he did with Lena. He never showed affection, never tried to make a move on her. His main reason for choosing to go with Holly and bail on Cindy was the possibilities for his career growth (he says that in his inner thoughts), having Holly there was just a nice bonus. It's not like he planned to go with Holly with the same intentions that Holly had. So, once he had his fun with Holly, he realized that he actually fucked up and confesses his true feelings for Lena (to be consistent with your earlier choice regarding his feelings for Lena). If you would've chosen to say to Jeremy that you only see Lena as a hookup, then Ian has an opportunity to "realize that he actually likes Holly more than anyone".
Wanting to break up with Lena isn't having my cake and eating it, that would be trying to keep both Holly and Lena going, which is not what I wanted.

In that playthrough I was roleplaying Ian as the kind of guy that doesn't do things lightly, that thought he had feelings for Lena when the reality was that he actually loved Holly, so that's why I had him say that he THINKS he is falling for Lena. Then after the encounter with Holly he'd have that realisation that he liked her all along. The game goes the other route though and that's totally fine, I'm not complaining that it goes that way, but if I'm metagaming to achieve my desired outcome, I'll say that Ian isn't falling for Lena, but at the time I picked that choice I had no way to know that that decision would lock Holly out unless I looked inside the game's code.

Reasoon

Apr 8, 2018

Thank you very much for this now I know at least what changes happened and yeah we will see how all of this plays out.
But I'm with you in this I would also choose Holly over Lena and did that in my Playthrough too. I just hope there are more Options for Ian (if he is not completely in love with Lena) to call her out on some Things and also there are still too many Scenes where Ian is kind of simping for Lena (even if you don't play IanxLena in your Playthrough)

I mean I get it they are the two Main Characters and most likely they will be endgame in the "canon" ending but I still hope there are other ways to end the Game with different outcomes for both of them.

Yeah that's the impression I got already when reading the alpha.
Unless Eva is going to change things even further in the future, maybe she intends for Lena to be THAT screwed up if you make her unloyal to Ian, and for Ian to be the kind of guy who feels guilty and blames himself rather than calling her out (which is not unrealistic, depends on the person).
Story wise, for Ian to call her out would make things VERY drastic, and if Eva plans the game to last for about 20 chapters, maybe she doesn't want something that drastic to happen yet. Just trying to see it from the point of view of the creator.
Of course, we shall see the future chapters to figure out what direction she wants to take.
Good Point! I think many of us (including me) are sometimes forgeting that we are in Chapter 8 from maybe over 20? Chapters of this Game which means we are most likely not even halfway through and so much can still happen in this story.

I really believe the Consequences for Lena's Actions will also hunt her later and maybe then it's Ian who can react the way she reacts because of Holly (most likely when Ian learns about Lena and Jeremy if you play this route for example)

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes