TamaMountain

Oct 5, 2018
Is that a bug or is that just the ability to remain consistent?
I think it's the former, because right before we are given the choice to choose Lena's fantasy, Ivy says to Lena "you already told us one of your fetishes last time" or something like that.

So to be able to choose BBC twice without Ivy acknowledging that Lena is repeating the same thing is likely to be a bug.

Reactions: dontcarewhateverno

Logan H.

Jun 10, 2020
I thought I saw other people mention that you can decide if Lena is sub or dom?
Louise. I just thought I saw something similar mentioned with Ian, but I don't do his path myself so didn't know for sure.
The last sex scene of IanxLena in Ch.8 is told from Ian's perspective, so it's hard to tell. But it seemed to hint Lena is slowly becoming submissive to Ian, if he treats he rough during sex.

Reactions: Mpkstroff

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
So to be able to choose BBC twice without Ivy acknowledging that Lena is repeating the same thing is likely to be a bug.
It's because of the way lena_fty_bbc is used. It can be acquired not only when Lena admits to having fantasies about BBC, but also when she blows Jeremy. In this chapter, the requirement for Lena to admit having the BBC fantasy is v8_jeremy_flirt (which she can only do if she already has this fantasy). I assume that initially, Eva wanted for Lena to confirm in this chapter her newly-discovered lust for Jeremy by admitting this fantasy if she hasn't already, but because lena_fty_bbc can be acquired in several ways, and v8_jeremy_flirt requires this variable, she can't admit to having this fantasy if she didn't participate in Ivy's game or didn't unlock Louise's phone.

Reactions: DarkPaladin89

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
I assume that initially, Eva wanted for Lena to confirm in this chapter her newly-discovered lust for Jeremy by admitting this fantasy if she hasn't already, but because lena_fty_bbc can be acquired in several ways, and v8_jeremy_flirt requires this variable, she can't admit to having this fantasy if she didn't participate in Ivy's game or didn't unlock Louise's phone.
Sounds like she needs to do both? The drinking game at least seems to be a requirement regardless. In my "nice girl... for the most part" playthrough where Lena rats out Jeremy (so no drinking game), she definitely unlocked Louise's phone to watch Faulty Towers. Even bought a huge Blackadder box-set from the DVD store before heading to Ivy's. But still won't admit she's a Britophile in chapter 8.

Was hoping it might be a bug. But as-is, the path is effectively closed if you tell Louise about Jeremy, no matter what else you do afterwards. So unlocking Louise's phone doesn't unlock the Ch 8 fetish option by itself.

Last edited:

Cabot

Jun 20, 2017
It's because of the way lena_fty_bbc is used. It can be acquired not only when Lena admits to having fantasies about BBC, but also when she blows Jeremy.
It’s worth mentioning Lena will also develop other fantasies through her actions even if not explicitly selected in dialogue options. For example if during the game she kisses Louise she will earn "lena_fty_lesbo" no matter what, and if she removes her panties during the stalkfap scene in chapter 7 same for "lena_fty_show", and I think there were some other examples.

EDIT: To clarify, I don't think those two examples are bugs, but introduced on purpose to make Lena develop fantasies in different ways.

Last edited:

Cabot

Jun 20, 2017
The last sex scene of IanxLena in Ch.8 is told from Ian's perspective, so it's hard to tell. But it seemed to hint Lena is slowly becoming submissive to Ian, if he treats he rough during sex.
There's in fact a variable ("ian_lena_dom") related to Ian acting dominant regarding Lena since chapter 6: in the blowjob scene where he can choose to guide her head. Later she can reminisce about it while masturbating: “The way he took control, letting me know how he wanted me to suck his cock, how much he liked it..”

Conversely there isn’t a variable (or much content) regarding Lena acting dominant with Ian, while she can do it with Louise (“louise_dominant”) and to some extent with Robert.

Reactions: Mpkstroff

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
It’s worth mentioning Lena will also develop other fantasies through her actions even if not explicitly selected in dialogue options. For example if during the game she kisses Louise she will earn "lena_fty_lesbo" no matter what, and if she removes her panties during the stalkfap scene in chapter 7 same for "lena_fty_show", and I think there were some other examples.

EDIT: To clarify, I don't think those two examples are bugs, but introduced on purpose to make Lena develop fantasies in different ways.
I wonder if we will get a chance to develop some of these fantasies without having Ivy involved somehow. In ch. 7 Louise has to have stayed with Jeremy and in ch. 8 Holly has to have continued to do pole dancing. Both are choices that can take a character out of Ivy's daily periphery.

Does it suggest that Lena on such a route with, for example, the "lena_fty_lesbo" variable only sees lesbian sex as a perversion and not as a way to express genuine attraction? I find it curious that the variable isn't acquired by choosing to sleep with Louise at any point, you'd imagine consistently choosing to have lesbian sex would be a sign of enjoyment. I'd understand it with the Lena/Holly content if that was the explanation, given the tender expression of their scene is anything but a kink.

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020
yea this happened to me as well. It was a bit frustrating since this makes it hard to tell what dialogue is different in subsequent playthroughs of ch 8. :LOL:
My bad the unseen text is grayed but the orange bar means that it is selected.
I've click on it one more time to erase the orange bar and the option is well unselected.
It works for me.

Reactions: TamaMountain

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Both sides of the coin - common tropes in games/movies/series:
inadequate boy cannot land a gurl 4 the life of him - unless a playa like Jeremy nudges in.
inadequate gurl getting hit on 27/7 and catching jerks into her melassis all the time.
just played this...its kind of weird that Ian and Lena are getting together, when i play both characters
Both of them cannot spot the good cuddly hunies from the fodder, can you?

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
what even is the requirement for lena to talk about her fantasies with ivy and holly ive never had that happen
A guess: Refusing to go to the bottle game party in ch. 7?

I'm fairly sure I got it without making a choice like that though, maybe it's just by staying at Ivy's and not leaving with Holly?

Last edited:

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Played the update and while it was nice to finally have some sex scene between Lena and Holly or Lena, Holly and Ivy this update felt mostly like it was tying loose ends from previous storylines.

Can't help but feel a bit disapointed with it. Still it was nice that Lena finally can have a relationship with someone who isn't a cheater or scumbag. :)

Cabot

Jun 20, 2017
I wonder if we will get a chance to develop some of these fantasies without having Ivy involved somehow.
It has already happened for the exhibitionism kink, so I’d say that’s (part of) the intention of the mechanic.
what even is the requirement for lena to talk about her fantasies with ivy and holly ive never had that happen
Just going to Ivy’s place after shopping (you need a Holly that’s still going to the gym or Ivy will bail) and staying there without taking Holly home after some time.

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
It has already happened for the exhibitionism kink, so I’d say that’s (part of) the intention of the mechanic.
One could argue that Lena's stalkfap is a part of Ivy's route. But I suppose the kinks have been opened up somewhat, with the BBC kink also playing a role without her.

Guess I'm just curious what it'll take for Lena to pick up the lesbian variable if copious amounts of Louise sex doesn't. What's the last kink? Slave, right? That'll probably come up with Axel, perhaps even Ian if her sub route keeps developing.

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
Beta is out.

2 new sex scenes will be added to final release, not beta.

Beta will have differences in the scene in the cafe with Ian and Lena for those of whom it may concern.

Reactions: CassidyPRO

Brickman

May 26, 2017

Unlocked
Our Red String Chapter 8 Beta release!

Here's the Beta for Chapter 8! Additional proofreading has been done and the reported bugs should be fixed. I also added a couple tweaks I'll detail below. As I said in the last status report, two new sex scenes are being worked on and will be added in the final release.
The chapter is titles "Falling into Place" and, as I said, I feel it makes some much needed story progression so events can keep unfolding. It probably has a slower pace than the bombastic chapter 7, but I think it has a few of the hottest scenes so far and also some of my favourite art to this date. The writing has been quite challenging, and character interactions and dialogue variations are really deep and complex, probably more than they need to be, but I guess it's the only way I know how to make things, trying to reflect all the possible choices you've been making during the game and how that impacts relationships. Some of those consequences will show strongly in this chapter.
Many, many thanks to the MVPs: Bloody Mares, Lara and Breadloaf, with their help with coding, features, bug-fixes and quality control, and to vBerlichingen for his proofreading (it's not yet finished, by the way).
*CHANGES*
(Spoilers!) I've revised the scene many people critiqued, where Ian goes to the café to talk to Lena about the situation with Holly. I hope I did a better job representing how the characters feel and react in that situation. Also, now Lena can only get intimate with Holly if she's not dating Ian. It felt wrong having Lena sleep with her after the fallout caused by Ian if they're on a relationship.

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes