godoff95

Mar 15, 2018

New backgrounds
Chapter 9 will feature 2 new backgrounds. Or, more precisely, will feature a new background and retroactively add another one:

The amount of backgrounds is always a limiting factor when writing scenarios for the game, and they take time and are expensive to produce. This means I have to work with limited resources, which can make some scenes look out of place from time to time. This was my impression with the shopping scene in Chapter 8, where I could only show the main street background as the girls bounced from store to store. I felt having a shopping mall background adds to the experience and opens up new possibilities, since it's a place that the player will be visiting several times during the game, so I thought it was worth it to invest in getting it done.
About the other one, I'll let you speculate for now!
Again we have a game of "Whose room is this?"

dundun

Jul 6, 2017
Lena's family is very poor according to the plot, I imagine her childhood room is half this size, with a single side bed not a queen's bed like this.
So 'very poor' is when your children only have small rooms for themselves?:D

Are they poor as such? My memory of what their situations is, is just that they have a hard time meeting the medical bills with Lena's father who's sick and no longer working.

I always assumed they weren't always in such dire straits, given that Lena used to be a student and she can clearly afford the rent for a nice room in the city till now.
They own a bakery. So they should be doing OK.

Again we have a game of "Whose room is this?"
Awesome! Isn't it! :)

dundun

Jul 6, 2017
But why would a childhood room have a double bed? That would apply to Lena's, Holly's and Allison's room as all of them are at their parents. I agree with BlandChili that a couple would have 2 nightstands.
OK, time for deduction! We know it is not Lena, Ian, Louise, Stan and Axel because we already saw them. We can safely disregard Seymour. The missing second nightstand removes Ed/Molly, Cindy/Wade, Mike and Minerva. If you also remove Holly and Alison that leaves Robert, Perry, Jeremy, Emma and Cherry. Now why would there any need to see Robert's or Perry's bedroom and I really can't see Jeremy in there. Cherry would fit into that room but I doubt she is important enough to justify a own room. Emma is not a good fit either.
So no one really seems to fit. That's why I still go with Lena's childhood room. Her parents just remodeled it a bit after she left to use it as a guest room.
I concur though that Holly's parents seem unlikely to provider her with a double bed.

Reactions: anomkarsa

anomkarsa

Jan 8, 2020
I'm going to throw my unlikely prediction in the pot and say that it is Minerva and her husbands bedroom. Ian's finally going to blow her back out in her marital bed. Her husband can sit in the chair like a good boy.

Then again, would Minerva have a useless fucking platitude like 'Live, Laugh, Love' framed on the wall of her bedroom? I'm not sure about that, i'm already doubting myself so if i get proven wrong i can play it off like i didn't fully believe it.

Last edited:

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
The 'Live Laugh Love' thing isn't really the sort of thing someone with discerning taste would have in their bedroom, but it is something an average middle-aged woman would have, which really does make me think the bedroom could belong to Lena's parents (specifically her mum's decision, with her dad just going along with it). The hanging lights do seem a bit weird for a parent's bedroom though (more for a younger girl), I agree on that.

Alternatively it could be Cindy's bedroom because Wade doesn't seem to care enough to have a say in how they decorate their bedroom, and Cindy takes control of those kinds of decisions in the absence of him doing it. Cindy is easy-going and sweet enough that I can see her thinking 'live laugh love' is a 'cute' sentiment.

I agree that not having a second nightstand seems weird for a couple's bedroom, but it's not a complete deal-breaker, and may have even been a design oversight. Ehh... IDK. This is a pretty tough one.

John Doe Jr.

Jun 11, 2017
This is one of those that's hard for me to take a guess at tbh. The last room was quite easy to guess. My prevailing guesses are Lena's childhood bedroom, her mom, Cindy, or Alison

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
Wow! You must have had very openminded parents. Or ones with very closed eyes.
Eh, open minded I guess. We were a same-sex couple, but I'm not the first family member to not be heterosexual.

Thing is, I'm danish not American, we have a different mindset when it comes to this sort of thing. My parents opinion was just that as long as I was safe and my partner was of my own age, and we didn't disturb anyone else, it was none of their business what I got up to.

Eva is Spanish, so in terms of location design I've always felt her visual representations are skewed more European-Western than American.

TamaMountain

Oct 5, 2018
Since Lena already has an existing background art for her apartment room, I'd say the new room isn't hers. Sure it would make sense narrative wise for her to stay in her childhood room for the time being, but I don't think Eva will dedicate a new background art for Lena when she has brought up the issue of limited time and resources.

If anything I wish the new room is Alison's. About time Ian gets invited there and not the other way round.

Rickster82

Sep 10, 2017
Eh, open minded I guess. We were a same-sex couple, but I'm not the first family member to not be heterosexual.

Thing is, I'm danish not American, we have a different mindset when it comes to this sort of thing. My parents opinion was just that as long as I was safe and my partner was of my own age, and we didn't disturb anyone else, it was none of their business what I got up to.

Eva is Spanish, so in terms of location design I've always felt her visual representations are skewed more European-Western than American.
Well your national football team is called DANISH DYNAMITE... You'll be called DANISH CHILI from now.

Reactions: the3m_dude

Reasoon

Apr 8, 2018
Since Lena already has an existing background art for her apartment room, I'd say the new room isn't hers. Sure it would make sense narrative wise for her to stay in her childhood room for the time being, but I don't think Eva will dedicate a new background art for Lena when she has brought up the issue of limited time and resources.

If anything I wish the new room is Alison's. About time Ian gets invited there and not the other way round.
I'm with you on this I really hope this is Alison's Room and we finally learn more about her and her Life. Her Route really deserves more depth that can show her Potential espescially if you play the full Alison Route and an Ian who wants to get closer with her.

John Doe Jr.

Jun 11, 2017
So I just saw someone mentioning the chair facing towards the bed and that it could mean someone will sit there for a voyeur/cuck scene and that got me thinking about something. Could this actually be Alison's room? And depending on how you've played your Ian he could be the one sitting in that chair while Alison and Jeremy get it on......or perhaps a threesome and the chair is just where Ian and Jeremy sit in between rounds....

4.60 star(s) 319 Votes