BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Yeah, Alpha or Beta saves are usually unstable. Alpha/Beta versions are for playtesting anyway and it's important not to rewrite your stable Final saves with the unstable Alpha/Beta ones. But because Chapter 2 requires a new game, just delete your previous saves, start a new game, and make the stable saves. After that, I recommend backing them up if you plan to play the Alpha or Beta versions when 0.3 drops. Just don't use those Alpha and Beta saves going forward if you want to avoid bugs.

Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

Revised Chapter 1 and 2

While I'm working on Chapter 3 I also went over 1 and 2 to polish and add a few things! There's a point in Chapter 2 where Louise can ask Lena to sleep with her. It was a scene that I thought almost at the day of release, so all I could do was add a short choice menu. But I knew I wanted to add a bit more to it.
I also tweaked and polished a few things, revamped some scenes and adjusted some base stats and values. I'm still fine-tuning the narrative development of the game and trying to achieve the best level of polish and long-run stability possible.

You'll be able to play Chapter 3 from an older save file and should be able to go through the update without any game-breaking bugs (you'll get an exception with "v2_photo_draw", just click IGNORE and it should be fine)

When Chapter 3 comes out I advise you to press Ctrl and go over you prior choices in a fresh save file though, otherwise you'll experience unpredictable issues running forward. I know it's annoying, but thankfully the game it's still in the early stages and it shouldn't be too tedious. Hopefully these things happen less and less, but I'll have to admit that if I find out I missed an idea I'd like to implement I will go back and make that change.

This is what happened with the drawing scene at the start of chapter 2, where I needed a new variable. But this kind of thing should only happen in the previous episode before the actual one, so not too much backtracking will ever be necessary.

This is a bit frustrating, but I guess a bit of chaos is needed in any creative endeavour, lest it becomes rigid and unoriginal... Hopefully you can live with it! :)

Dysphorika

May 5, 2019

Revised Chapter 1 and 2

While I'm working on Chapter 3 I also went over 1 and 2 to polish and add a few things! There's a point in Chapter 2 where Louise can ask Lena to sleep with her. It was a scene that I thought almost at the day of release, so all I could do was add a short choice menu. But I knew I wanted to add a bit more to it.
I also tweaked and polished a few things, revamped some scenes and adjusted some base stats and values. I'm still fine-tuning the narrative development of the game and trying to achieve the best level of polish and long-run stability possible.

You'll be able to play Chapter 3 from an older save file and should be able to go through the update without any game-breaking bugs (you'll get an exception with "v2_photo_draw", just click IGNORE and it should be fine)

When Chapter 3 comes out I advise you to press Ctrl and go over you prior choices in a fresh save file though, otherwise you'll experience unpredictable issues running forward. I know it's annoying, but thankfully the game it's still in the early stages and it shouldn't be too tedious. Hopefully these things happen less and less, but I'll have to admit that if I find out I missed an idea I'd like to implement I will go back and make that change.

This is what happened with the drawing scene at the start of chapter 2, where I needed a new variable. But this kind of thing should only happen in the previous episode before the actual one, so not too much backtracking will ever be necessary.

This is a bit frustrating, but I guess a bit of chaos is needed in any creative endeavour, lest it becomes rigid and unoriginal... Hopefully you can live with it! :)
Awww

John Doe Jr.

Jun 11, 2017

Revised Chapter 1 and 2

Louise is getting a bit close, eh? ;)

Jun 15, 2017

Revised Chapter 1 and 2

Awww doesn't this looks just adorable.
I'm also glad to know that Eva is willing to add and/or change things in previous chapters if she realises she missed on a good opportunity.
It's actually pretty rare that I really enjoy a VN because to me it feels like most of them are all about the MC making his own harem and lacks emotions, I think it gets dull very quickly (to me) and although I like some hardcore stuff, it's nice to have something else from time to time and I'l enjoy this game even if it ends up mainly vanilla because I already started getting attached to some characters that I want to discover more deeply.
I'm convinced Eva will deliver a great game at the end of the road and if at some point my financial situation gets better, she'll be one of the few I'd like to support.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
When is the next update coming up by the way?
On one hand, I'm really happy that she wants to enrich the experience early on (so that we won't have to deal with things like DLCs in the future), and I admit, half of the choices (variables) seem rather minor and extra, with no real payoff so it's nice that she wants to fix that. Louise's scene was probably the only thing that Chapter 2 was missing. Other than that, Chapter 2 is already packed with content and I don't think it requires revising (other than hunting for minor bugs and typo fixes that are always there), so it's rather annoying having to restart the game over and over again just to have a couple of scenes play out differently. Leave something for other Chapters :p
Writing a walkthrough for this game is going to be a nightmare.

John Doe Jr.

Jun 11, 2017
When is the next update coming up by the way?
On one hand, I'm really happy that she wants to enrich the experience early on (so that we won't have to deal with things like DLCs in the future), and I admit, half of the choices (variables) seem rather minor and extra, with no real payoff so it's nice that she wants to fix that. Louise's scene was probably the only thing that Chapter 2 was missing. Other than that, Chapter 2 is already packed with content and I don't think it requires revising (other than hunting for minor bugs and typo fixes that are always there), so it's rather annoying having to restart the game over and over again just to have a couple of scenes play out differently. Leave something for other Chapters :p
Writing a walkthrough for this game is going to be a nightmare.
I would imagine at the end of the month or early next.

Reactions: txtBild

mehGusta

Aug 28, 2017
if i'm perfectly honest, i never did keep saves (except quicksaves) in GGGB and i don't intend to do it in ORS, too. there is just too much variation, for me to get ever bored replaying from scratch. so, evakiss revisiting old content and adding new, is something i didn't knew i really would want!

Reactions: Creeping Death

massifteetees

Apr 5, 2020
Finally got around to playing the newest build 0.2 (starting from scratch is always a pain) and... is Ian not supposed to perform with Allison? Damn I've been shipping them so hard and by luck and some smart guessing, got into bed with her and only for Ian to get soft. Is this intentional storywise or does Ian need more Lust points?

MLBnoob

Mar 13, 2019
Finally got around to playing the newest build 0.2 (starting from scratch is always a pain) and... is Ian not supposed to perform with Allison? Damn I've been shipping them so hard and by luck and some smart guessing, got into bed with her and only for Ian to get soft. Is this intentional storywise or does Ian need more Lust points?
More lust points needed to have sex, mate.

4.60 star(s) 316 Votes