Amahl Farouk

May 13, 2018
It isn't really surprising that this release is delayed. Choosing to make a game with only one protagonist is difficult enough given the variety of choices and outcomes there are in an Eva Kiss game, but this increases exponentially when you have 2 protagonists and I personally feel she has bitten off more than she can handle at this point.

I am not criticizing Eva and her team, I have no doubt they are doing their best but I can see this game turning into a 2 update per year thing as a result. As someone who doesn't support her work I will just sit and wait for it to drop, if I were a supporter, chances are I would still keep supporting it as long as the update quality stays the same and the amount of content is good across all the paths.

This isn't a regular peek/don't peek kind of game and as a result, and given the complexity of the different paths it really will take some serious time to code and prepare the overlays and images

So, I guess we just have to be patient, when the update is ready it will be released and I have no doubt it will be as good as her usual work

scor099

Aug 6, 2018
like I said before, my guess is that this update is taking so long because it has something to do with Stan's character. if she's going to change his character then she needs to change everything back to chapter 1, at least I'm hoping that's reason behind this delay, not posting his Card and what she said about explaining everything when chapter 9 drops. :unsure:

Nov 15, 2020
Is she delivering now? She's not even putting a effort on her weekly status reports
It’s impossible to say if she’s delivering now before the new update is out. I will use its size, quality and complexity as a measure of that.

But weekly status reports are infrequent, yes. You can add that to your list.

So, you can either base your verdict on
– Consistant delivery for more than four years
or
– An old motorsport saying AND infrequent weekly status reports.

I’d say you still have a pretty shitty case. Also the solution to the weekly status reports is probably just to take out "weekly" from the name; she’s still updating us when there’s anything new to tell, and her total amount of Patreon updates are either way very high.

lcvargas

Dec 30, 2019
Who is that guy you picked for Axel? Not only does he look a lot like him, he's hot af. Dayum! :love:
lmao with George Clooney as Seymour - nice! Does anyone know the actual person Seymour is modeled off?
Lastly, gotta say I wouldn't be in a hurry to kick Lena's dad out of the bed if he looked like that guy. He also looks familiar - is he an actor from some Mafia tv show? :unsure:
Santiago Abascal, the basis for Seymour.
IV6J6J_l.jpg

Last edited:

lcvargas

Dec 30, 2019
Where is an update? We're starting to lose people.
Why would you reply to my post though?

I'm not a patron and I don't have direct contact with EvaKiss, so I can't anwer your question. I'm just like everyone else here waiting for it PATIENTLY. I suggest you put your energy somewhere else productive rather than constantly asking for an update. It'll be updated when it's ready.

Firraxa

Jan 13, 2021
Why would you reply to my post though?

I'm not a patron and I don't have direct contact with EvaKiss, so I can't anwer your question. I'm just like everyone else here waiting for it PATIENTLY. I suggest you put your energy somewhere else productive rather than constantly asking for an update. It'll be updated when it's ready.
I'm beginning to suspect that something is wrong with my sense of humor.

Aiwass

Sep 11, 2017
If you check Eva's posts on Patreon, you'll see little to no comments of people complaining about the lack of updates.
The number of her patrons has been relatively stable over the past months:

Most users of this forum get to play the game for free and they can voice their opinion if they want to, but only her patrons have the legitimacy to complain when an update gets delayed or postponed. They can also stop supporting her whenever they want to.
It's not surprising that the vast majority of her patrons don't do either of these things - Eva Kiss has proven time and time again that she's reliable and trustworthy.
Yeah, there's also another option that we don't take in consideration: patreon gives you the option to postpone payments to the patrons, I know because I am part of a group with a patreon and we offer video shows, since we'll not be able to post anything in september since the editor has covid, we postponed every payment until october.
Unless some of her patrons denies this, I can suppose she's doing it.

lcvargas

Dec 30, 2019
Yeah, there's also another option that we don't take in consideration: patreon gives you the option to postpone payments to the patrons, I know because I am part of a group with a patreon and we offer video shows, since we'll not be able to post anything in september since the editor has covid, we postponed every payment until october.
Unless some of her patrons denies this, I can suppose she's doing it.
What kind of video shows?

Firraxa

Jan 13, 2021
Many people look very strangely at copyrights and so on. It's like we're living in the eighties of the twentieth century. Piracy has not been defeated anywhere, in any country of the world. And for twenty years now,the only way to do something with piracy is additional content, from the author's autograph to additional content. Everyone has long since come to terms with piracy and think about it as popularization, advertising. If you wrote a hit song, how can you get money for it from every audio station where it plays? But in return, you will become famous, you will give concerts and earn money on this, and not on the fact that someone in the car listens to a USB flash card with your song. So here the patreons get the goods in the same way as the pirates, but the patreons have privileges, such as influencing the plot or getting information about the development of the game. Pirates stayed in last century we not pirates we are FREE TO PLAY gamers.

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
Many people look very strangely at copyrights and so on. It's like we're living in the eighties of the twentieth century. Piracy has not been defeated anywhere, in any country of the world. And for twenty years now,the only way to do something with piracy is additional content, from the author's autograph to additional content. Everyone has long since come to terms with piracy and think about it as popularization, advertising. If you wrote a hit song, how can you get money for it from every audio station where it plays? But in return, you will become famous, you will give concerts and earn money on this, and not on the fact that someone in the car listens to a USB flash card with your song. So here the patreons get the goods in the same way as the pirates, but the patreons have privileges, such as influencing the plot or getting information about the development of the game. Pirates stayed in last century we not pirates we are FREE TO PLAY gamers.
This is essentially the same argument bar managers use to not pay a fair wage to amateur musicians.

It is extremely simple: You're pirating a product when you are using it without obtaining it through legitimate means.
You can get ORS on Eva's patreon and you can probably buy it on itch when it's complete. Getting it by any other means is an act of piracy.

I see no reason for the protests though, this whole site is dedicated to sharing content by any means available, just being a user here makes you complicit in the practice.
This isn't an accusation, I'm here too after all, but these justifications are senseless.

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
You forgot to mention that we are making this product famous, so it is not yet clear who owes whom for advertising. )
How many people who find the game available to download on this site actually go on to become Patrons of the game, especially when they see the number of Patrons Eva already has?
The 'advertising' a forum like this provides that would go on to creating paying customers for Eva would likely be minimal in comparison to the amount of people getting it for free. She doesn't owe us shit.
[...]So here the patreons get the goods in the same way as the pirates, but the patreons have privileges, such as influencing the plot or getting information about the development of the game.
Wrong on both accounts. The influence that Patrons have on this game is (almost certainly) minimal:

- They get to do polls, which seem to have no discernible impact on the plot of the game following them, because Eva clearly already has the story well mapped out, and polls likely only satisfy her interest in how aspects of the game are being received. I could be wrong (and correct me if that's the case), but I haven't seen any evidence of a poll actually directing or changing the course of the story.
And I'm thankful that Eva's chosen to retain control, because god knows where fans would take the story if they had free reign, knowing nothing of where Eva truly plans to take the story and characters. It would probably end up cliched, gimmicky, completely devoid of any plot and variety and filled almost entirely with dominant futanari. :cautious:

- If they're pledging at the highest tier (which is US$190.50), they get a one-time opportunity to have their/a defined likeness appear in the game. But it's just that - an appearance - not a character whose presence has any impact on the story, and Eva gets to decide all the details of who they appear as and when it happens, not the Patron. The patron only gets to decide what the character looks like.

- The only way in which I have seen Patrons have actual influence on something of substance (I guess? though it seems to only be cosmetic, and doesn't influence the story plot) is when they didn't like Eva's original choices for outfits for Ian, and she mixed it up a little as a result.

As for getting information about the development of the game, we get the same info that Patrons do at pretty much exactly the same time as they do, on account of some F95 members being Eva's Patrons and posting the updates here as soon as they drop.

ah the good ol' debate between the dev's white knights and the horny pirates whenever an update takes long is always fun to read
You must be hella bored to find this debate interesting. :LOL: I'd prefer to just get back to talking/speculating about characters and game content, frankly.
Also, I don't consider myself a 'white knight' - I've found fault with several aspects of the game and would never defend any creator where there's an obvious problem just for the sake of 'simping' or some shit. I do consider myself someone with some knowledge of what goes into the process, as I've had some experience of my own over the years, so I can empathize with some people's frustration here (it's not like I enjoy waiting either), but I also know how much devs throw into their work, creativity and inspiration can't be manufactured, and the fact that they're still human and it can be draining af at times.

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes