Nov 15, 2020
She's almost done with the first batch of the script (there will be several). Soon (in a day or 2 probably) I'm going to start playtesting and if the game delays I'm ready to take the blame because unlike Eva I have a full-time job and the guide(s) to take care of.

But if previous chapters are anything to go by, I'd give around a week or two for the Alpha release.
Thanks for the update! Sounds like the first batch has been rather time consuming, but with the current complexity and her explicit plan to move the plot forward I'm glad she's taking the time necessary to get everything right. Make sure she doesn't kick herself in the teeth ;)

Reactions: dontcarewhateverno

KitsuneG

Mar 22, 2018
She's almost done with the first batch of the script (there will be several). Soon (in a day or 2 probably) I'm going to start playtesting and if the game delays I'm ready to take the blame because unlike Eva I have a full-time job and the guide(s) to take care of.

But if previous chapters are anything to go by, I'd give around a week or two for the Alpha release.
1632754108128.png
ehh you ruin my hope
but maybe you are messing with us, for lulz!
ok hope restored.

Reactions: PilotLara

John Doe Jr.

Jun 11, 2017
Does anyone have a rough idea how close this games story is to completion? Im not asking when the next update is out, I just want a ball park estimate of when the game will be 100% complete. Sometime next year I guess?

Only because I really enjoy the game, and I play it every few updates. Only to forget what happened when I next play it 4 months later and getting confused with all the different paths and options (the guides are a bit complicated, and the save filing system isn't geared for saving different paths unless you can write them down somehow), just to always get to the end of the current version anyway.

I think I would just enjoy it more when i know the game is fully is complete and can play around with the different paths at my will.
No way a year. GGGB is a shorter and less complex game and it took much longer than that. With how long ORS is shaping up to be and the complexity of it I'm assuming 3-4 years

Brickman

May 26, 2017

Chapter 9 weekly status report (6)
Hi everybody,
I'm coming back from the underground to briefly update you about the progress on Chapter 9.
Today I finished play-testing a big block I have been working on, and I'm sending it to my testers to make sure it's polished while I work on the final, remaining block of this update. Sorry for the lack of updates, but for some reason I wanted to have this done before posting anything.
The writing is being harder than I anticipated and I'm kind of frustrated about taking so long, but I don't want to half-ass it. I haven't shown anything to anybody yet, so hopefully my testers will be able to tell me if I've been doing a good job with this chapter. I've been trying to write deep and interactive conversations and sex scenes that offer more than a simple yes/no, right/wrong choice, and maybe I'm making things more complicated than they should (what a surprise), especially in how the events are timed and linked together depending on your choices.
Anyway, I'd say writing is about 75% done, maybe (hopefully) even a bit more, and artwork is 90% complete. I will keep hammering at it and hopefully be able to release the Alpha real soon.
Meanwhile, here are two new scenarios you'll be visiting this update. They were leaked a long time ago, but probably many of you hadn't seen then. Can you guess which places are they?

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018

Hi everybody,
I'm coming back from the underground to briefly update you about the progress on Chapter 9.
Today I finished play-testing a big block I have been working on, and I'm sending it to my testers to make sure it's polished while I work on the final, remaining block of this update. Sorry for the lack of updates, but for some reason I wanted to have this done before posting anything.
The writing is being harder than I anticipated and I'm kind of frustrated about taking so long, but I don't want to half-ass it. I haven't shown anything to anybody yet, so hopefully my testers will be able to tell me if I've been doing a good job with this chapter. I've been trying to write deep and interactive conversations and sex scenes that offer more than a simple yes/no, right/wrong choice, and maybe I'm making things more complicated than they should (what a surprise), especially in how the events are timed and linked together depending on your choices.
Anyway, I'd say writing is about 75% done, maybe (hopefully) even a bit more, and artwork is 90% complete. I will keep hammering at it and hopefully be able to release the Alpha real soon.
Meanwhile, here are two new scenarios you'll be visiting this update. They were leaked a long time ago, but probably many of you hadn't seen then. Can you guess which places are they?

Ward's office and Axel's house. Question is: who will visit them in this chapter?

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
I can see both Lena and Ian going there... Ian to talk with Seymour about his book, Lena if she's working with him and gets invited. And for Axel's place, Lena can have a photoshoot lined up with him and Ian could go with Cindy to a seconds photoshoot too.
Yeah, i think the same. Lena going into his office give some Christian Grey feelings (imagine she going to assign a contract to be his exclusive "model"). Also, i think Axel could invite Ian to see a photoshoot with Ivy, too

Last edited:

Tallyhoe

Feb 21, 2019
Now that she updated the status, I bet the some of you will still complain ‘BuT iT’s aLmOst OcToBeR!?’

Looking forward to see how complicated she make the routes and consequences collide.

As for the location, I bet Lena falls prey to Axel at his apartment and Seymour at his work this chapter.

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
The writing is being harder than I anticipated and I'm kind of frustrated about taking so long... I've been trying to write deep and interactive conversations and sex scenes that offer more than a simple yes/no, right/wrong choice, and maybe I'm making things more complicated than they should (what a surprise), especially in how the events are timed and linked together depending on your choices.
Not good, Eva more or less admits she has problems here.

I hope it will get better with the next updates. But I think that 3-4 months per update will no longer be a rarity.

John Doe Jr.

Jun 11, 2017
If Ian goes to Axel's place for a Cindy photoshoot that would be so hot. Also a good time for Axel and Ian to bond or be extremely awkward for those that decided to tell him about Lena. If Lena also goes there I'm assuming it'll be a watershed moment where feelings are laid bare.

Reactions: a-pollo and Zedire

John Doe Jr.

Jun 11, 2017

I hope it will get better with the next updates. But I think that 3-4 months per update will no longer be a rarity.
Yeah I think it's safe to assume 3-4 months will be the standard develop time going forward so everyone should adjust their expectations accordingly.

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018

I'm concern about Eva as well. For me, she is the better writer in this AVNs today and i'm really affraid she could get a writer's block or a burnout forcing herself like this. I prefer she takes easy even if will mean more time for next chapters

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
I prefer Eva getting it done right than getting it done early, so I'm glad the update will be late rather than here now and shoddy. But I'll say it again: She needs another tracer/line-worker. And she needs them by Chapter 10 or 11. Her code helper should be taking on 100% of that work too, if they haven't already. I don't think Eva wants to be working on this game until 2025 either, so getting some able people to take on that load so she can focus on story is key. She can still have full control of the art direction by selecting the photos and describing the scenario/mood. But it's soon going to have to be delegation time and releasing control of the minute details (tough for a creator) so she doesn't burn herself out with the workload.

Offer profit-sharing: Get the talented, fresh work-for-cheaps.

Last edited:

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
is there a way for Lena to not get the pill?
Just make sure she's late for all her dates/appointments and eventually she'll be late for everything.

Source: Making it all up. But I'm sure there'll be a breeding route for her in one way or another before the game wraps. You'll get those preggo rocks off somehow, sure enough.

Reactions: Payne

scor099

Aug 6, 2018

Hi everybody,

since Lena is going home to visit her family how can a scene involving her could take place in Seymour's office and Axel's house? :unsure:

TamaMountain

Oct 5, 2018
since Lena is going home to visit her family how can a scene involving her could take place in Seymour's office and Axel's house?
This was never even confirmed. It can very well be just a cliffhanger for the sake of hyping us up for ch 9.

Eva is no stranger to this. Remember the end of ch 7? Ian fks Cindy and gets caught, jump to ch 8 and we dont see the immediate aftermath of them getting caught. Sure you could say it's a different scenario, but we only have Eva's past scenes to go by.

And of course there's the leaked room that she posted a long time ago which could be Lena's childhood room...or it could be someone else's.

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes