Wallsfalldown

Jul 20, 2018
You guys are pathetic. Nobody can say anything or is a crying complainer? We just saying constructive critics while you're too busy to lick dev's ass. We love this game or we won’t be here, talking about problems isn't hating. This game can't be completed if someone doesn't help her. Every chapter become more complex with an absurd quantity of choices, it's obvious that requires more time but if the chapter 9 taked 5 months(at best) chapter 20 will take 2 years? It's impossible to do all by herself if she want to finish this game and that's a fact.
As if even 10% of the complaining here is constructive. For the comments that ARE constructive, my mockery doesn't apply to them. Use your brain, it's really not hard to figure out who I was mocking.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
I know, but if the whole development process is longer, then it means she has more time to produce art. Sometimes the best way to overcome a deadlock in writing is to do different tasks for the time being and return to writing later, after clearing your mind and rethinking. I know I may sound overly optimistic, but I hope she didn't waste these additional months only on "overcoming writing difficulities"...
If you've read the (almost) weekly updates, you should know it was exactly what she was doing. Working on the art with a bit of writing, as opposed to her usual process of dealing with the art first, sending it to the colorist, and then focusing on writing. I noticed it first hand, how all art for Ian's part of Chapter 9 was already colorized and completed. Usually, during the testing phase, I have to deal with uncolored drafts as placeholders or even not having the art at all in some scenes (because the colorist would still be working on them).

Rickster82

Sep 10, 2017
I don't want to be the spoilsport here, but from update to update it will certainly take more and more time. 4 - 5 months will now be normal. You shouldn't forget that the stories, including the consequences, get more complex. If you consider that currently about 1/3 of the game has been achieved, you have to expect a final full version at the earliest in 2025.

Reactions: tiger8125

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
As if even 10% of the complaining here is constructive. For the comments that ARE constructive, my mockery doesn't apply to them. Use your brain, it's really not hard to figure out who I was mocking.
Give us an example. Because you come of as a crybaby in your comment.

Last edited:

scor099

Aug 6, 2018
You guys are pathetic. Nobody can say anything or is a crying complainer? We just saying constructive critics while you're too busy to lick dev's ass. We love this game or we won’t be here, talking about problems isn't hating. This game can't be completed if someone doesn't help her. Every chapter become more complex with an absurd quantity of choices, it's obvious that requires more time but if the chapter 9 taked 5 months(at best) chapter 20 will take 2 years? It's impossible to do all by herself if she want to finish this game and that's a fact.
"Constructive criticism"yeah sure, blaming her for taking a well deserved vacation after delivering for years without missing a deadline, blaming her for getting sick and taking a few weeks off to get better this is what you call " Constructive criticism" ? yes the game is getting bigger and more complex with each chapter but you know what would actually be great? instead of whining these freeloaders should chip in and pay her if they love the game and want it as soon as possible, they should pay and help her so she can outsource some of the workload and gett it off her back so she can focus more on the writing part of the game. the minute she got more money she outsourced the coloring process and drawing new backgrounds for each chapter, in conclusion either pay or shut up.

I'm not talking about you specifically, I don't know if you're a patreon or not but I'm talking about everyone here in general.

Zedire

Jun 3, 2018
I feel like even when you don't fuck around with anyone else, it doesn't seem like Alison is quite what Ian considers to be a serious thing or have the potential to become serious, which is partly why I haven't really played the route as my consistent route since the beginning but I only played through the Alison-only route once. Although I'm also someone who has played the Ian-Lena route for at least three chapters now.
I can understand how it comes across that Ian isn't quite serious about Alison, and at the start it's undoubtedly that way because he's looked at Alison as a friend for so long - not even really as a female friend, but more like a 'good mate' because she's always been kind of serious, studious and intelligent(?), probably like Ian himself. He's probably never considered her as someone he'd have sex with, and because of this and the fact that he's such a mentally-orientated guy, finds it hard to get used to the idea of being with her sexually or romantically in any capacity at first.

It also probably doesn't help that Alison is so much more keen from the start, because she's clearly liked Ian for a long time - she even mentions having had a thing for him at school which he clearly didn't know about.

So we have two people who are in different head-spaces in this 'relationship'; Alison is finally able to be with the guy she likes and is rearing to go, while Ian is still coming around to the whole idea and deciding how he feels.

With time (Chapter 7, I believe?) we see he really does start getting into the sex, and appreciates that Alison has a naughty side, so that's one small barrier already being broken down.

When it comes to a serious relationship, I think it will start to feel more natural/possible/plausible when Ian spends time with Alison one-on-one on that weekend together, away from their long-time group of friends (an environment that probably doesn't help to get Ian in the right mindset, right off the bat). For something more serious, Ian needs to have the time to connect with Alison in this new way - not just sexually but mentally, and potentially emotionally. What's more, hopefully this will be a time for Alison to set aside her own problems (which she's imposed on Ian quite a bit) and recognise that she needs to be aware of Ian's thoughts and problems too - listening and hopefully empathizing. I think that will go a way into bringing them closer as a couple, too.

At the very least that weekend of unadulterated Alison should help Ian (and the player) better decide between whether he only wants Alison for casual sex, or whether he could see himself falling in love with her (or that he's done with her).

I do believe it will feel a lot more natural and right as the game goes on though - this is just a situation that needs time to evolve.

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
"Constructive criticism"yeah sure, blaming her for taking a well deserved vacation after delivering for years without missing a deadline, blaming her for getting sick and taking a few weeks off to get better this is what you call " Constructive criticism" ? yes the game is getting bigger and more complex with each chapter but you know what would actually be great? instead of whining these freeloaders should chip in and pay her if they love the game and want it as soon as possible, they should pay and help her so she can outsource some of the workload and gett it off her back so she can focus more on the writing part of the game. the minute she got more money she outsourced the coloring process and drawing new backgrounds for each chapter, in conclusion either pay or shut up.

I'm not talking about you specifically, I don't know if you're a patreon or not but I'm talking about everyone here in general.
The Update is 3 months late... 3 months. People have the right to acknowledge this. And i haven't seen people blaming her for getting sick. Most people are making fun of her "I'd kick myself in teeth if i didn't finish it by the end of September" comment because it plays like a "Curb Your Enthusiasm" moment.

Either way, you have to acknowledge that it's funny that the update has been coming out "in a week" for the past 3 weeks XD

Last edited:

-DarkHorizon-

Jul 20, 2018
The Update is 3 months late... 3 months. People have the right to acknowledge this. And i haven't seen people blaming her for getting sick. Most people are making fun of her "I'd kick myself in teeth if i didn't finish it by the end of September" comment.

Either way, you have to acknowledge that it's funny that the update has been coming out "in a week" for the past 3 weeks XD
What the hell are you on about? Eva only ever gave one estimate (notice the word estimate, not release date) and that was for the end of September. She couldn't make it for whatever reason but when she says now it'll definitely come in October I'll trust that.

There's a dev who actually communicates alot about their work and behind the scenes and it comes to bite them in the ass like this...

scor099

Aug 6, 2018
The Update is 3 months late... 3 months. People have the right to acknowledge this. And i haven't seen people blaming her for getting sick. Most people are making fun of her "I'd kick myself in teeth if i didn't finish it by the end of September" comment.

yes the update is late no one is denying that but the first month of the delay is because she was on vacation and after that she got sick I think for about two weeks it I'm not mistaken, so in reality the update is only month or month and a half late,also I think she's revising something or implanting something new so that also caused delaying the update which won't be the case with future updates unless she has a new idea. I remember Eva saying that whenever she has a new idea for a new mechanism or a different scenario that she wants to try she'll go back and change and or implants whatever it is that she wants to.

The only time where she actually gave a deadline was in the latest weekly report and it's by the end of October, "kicking herself in the teeth" now I'm not a native English speaker so I looked it up and it means I'll be disappointed and upset if I couldn't release it in September.

if, and I really hope not but if she doesn't deliver it by the end of October like she said then people will have every right to get upset, people who are paying money.

Edit : OK let's say that the end of September was a deadline, do you realize that it's the first deadline she ever missed since the start of GGGB? people choose to look past that and shit over it just because she missed one deadline.

Last edited:

dobzzz

Feb 7, 2018
3 months late?

The last update came out in June. Its the beginning of October now.

Clearly math ain't your strong suit.

I'll break it down for you: June-July (1 month), July-August (2 months), August-September (3 months). Unless we are somehow now in December without skipping a beat, its only 13 days "late".

As pointed out, Eva's updates come out consitently on a three month basis. 13 days, does not even make a whole month late.

Unless you're playing some high quality eroge games that I'm not aware of, this is one of the easily best games on this site that isn't in the beginning stages or hasn't been bogged down by absolutely shit development and retconning that has broken the game. Also, one of the few developers that continues to churn out updates on a consistent basis, unlike some devs that make over a quarter of a million a year and maybe get two small ass updates a year.

So heres the timeline thus far:

ChapterWait Time
4 to 51 month
5 to 64 months **one of the biggest updates**
6 to 73 months
7 to 83 months
8 to 93 months and 13 days

If you go to a persons profile, you can ignore them which will clean up your thread.
Can't do anything about blocks my man u will understand once u go through those

DcntMood

Feb 10, 2021
EvaKiss is one of my favourite devs so far,her and Architect's games never fail to impress.Our red string is one of the best games i've played,the writing and character developing is on point,i truly enjoyed the artstyle and interface in general.Thank you for the game dev,can't wait to see the new update.

Mrsubtle

May 8, 2018
Absolutly not. :cool:

If you still pay to a irresponsible developer, with constant delays of delivering that primitive content, lack of ingame options and poor scenario - you actually say "i'm allright with it, yes, you can do it with me, here's my money" - so it is complitly your fault that such a tricky developer is still in the business.
Depending on how or what, it can go both ways.

Some of projects like these are passion projects while others trying to make an extra buck on the side.
And there are some that actually make living on it one way or another some good and other bad.
But in the end it is better to support those who try to do it as professional as possible, and hopefully other will learn from it.
Or abuse it....

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
There's a dev who actually communicates alot about their work and behind the scenes and it comes to bite them in the ass like this...
That's great. She is telling her fans that she is still working on it and not just ghosting them. I never said anything otherwise.

Her usual release is bi-monthly, so an update every 2 months. We haven't gotten one in 5. That's unusual. People will talk about it as they should.

You also seem to gloss over the fact that she said "I'd be kicking myself in the teeth if i didn't release it by the end of September". That's pretty funny if you ask me considering it's mid October now and the update was already 2 months behind the usual schedule.

• Angry
Reactions: sztrb
4.60 star(s) 318 Votes