Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Slight bug on this version, do not buy the multitool from the online shop until after you've spoken to Onyx.
Hmm, what seems to be the problem? Onyx isn't directly linked with the multitool so you can buy it beforehand.

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
Hmm, what seems to be the problem? Onyx isn't directly linked with the multitool so you can buy it beforehand.
I had saved in my house from the previous version, and when I went to the office and talked to Onyx he just kept saying I needed to buy the multitool, even though I had it in my inventory.

Now that I've played through that content, I will admit to not noticing when I went back to my house if that device was in the corner for his quest. I did go back to see if I could just buy another multitool, but alas I was broke, so I went back to my previous save.

Varik8876

Sep 17, 2019
I bought it before talking to Onyx and had no problem with that mission, though I did have to use the computer three or four times for it to activate.

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
I had saved in my house from the previous version, and when I went to the office and talked to Onyx he just kept saying I needed to buy the multitool, even though I had it in my inventory.

Now that I've played through that content, I will admit to not noticing when I went back to my house if that device was in the corner for his quest. I did go back to see if I could just buy another multitool, but alas I was broke, so I went back to my previous save.
I bought it before talking to Onyx and had no problem with that mission, though I did have to use the computer three or four times for it to activate.
You can buy it whenever. After the initial buy, you need to interact with the multitool (that device in the corner) and Kira will set it up, commenting that now she only needs a data cartridge. Onyx gives you such datastick once you ask him about some work. It doesn't matter if you have multitool at that moment or not. You don't need to activate your PC after the initial purchase.

Hmm, guess I'll force the net dive if the player has the datastick at the "setting up" moment. Maybe this will help with the confusion.

Pic

May 13, 2017
Good update as always, I really liked the new tool that clean the mods from weapon and the new dress, it is very intriguing.
Keep up this way, waiting for the new version.

Neo Nocturne

Aug 13, 2019
I know this has been addressed before and I fully understand the reason behind this, but...Kira/Princess looks pretty nice on display...and then in the third and fourth H-scenes, she looks a bit odd...

Just ignore me on that. I get it, the team is working on that...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway, there is a good icon for the Android version, the animation and scenes run so much smoother in this version as well; a new map for farming (for those who love to grind), it's an upgrade. The puzzles though...a walk in the park atm. The boss fight against the robot though, it is a good lesson for brutes and rushers. This is not a push-over, there are times where you really have to pay a little attention.

Everything seems fine, Kira mostly is given the option to H or not to H. The new mod system helps saving credits, opening more buying options for players who wish to spend more on testing out other items. Will Kira be going all out naked like it is in Ghost in the shell? That is something we might be expecting. Perhaps it's just a technosuit, she's simply not naked.

axelaen

Jun 19, 2018
I don't even know what I'm looking at with this puzzle, nor how to interact with it.

1581149049621.png

Help?

EDIT: I ran the side mission before the main one, so I didn't talk to Onyx :(

Last edited:

f4s1k1n

Jul 22, 2017
I don't even know what I'm looking at with this puzzle, nor how to interact with it.

View attachment 544762

Help?
You must put the number to be the result of the number shown
For example the number at top left and top right is 8 then the number at that row must be 8 (2222, 1322, etc)
And the top left to bottom left is 7 so that row must be 7 (1222, 3022, etc)

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
I know this has been addressed before and I fully understand the reason behind this, but...Kira/Princess looks pretty nice on display...and then in the third and fourth H-scenes, she looks a bit odd...

Just ignore me on that. I get it, the team is working on that...

Anyway, there is a good icon for the Android version, the animation and scenes run so much smoother in this version as well; a new map for farming (for those who love to grind), it's an upgrade. The puzzles though...a walk in the park atm. The boss fight against the robot though, it is a good lesson for brutes and rushers. This is not a push-over, there are times where you really have to pay a little attention.

Everything seems fine, Kira mostly is given the option to H or not to H. The new mod system helps saving credits, opening more buying options for players who wish to spend more on testing out other items. Will Kira be going all out naked like it is in Ghost in the shell? That is something we might be expecting. Perhaps it's just a technosuit, she's simply not naked.
Odd? How so? As for the overall quality, guess I suck at animating. This much became obvious after the first two months. The puzzles are tricky to balance. Even in this topic, you'll find players who had problems with them.

I don't plan to make "naked" options but some stealth suits are pretty "tight and fitting".

View attachment 544762

Help?

EDIT: I ran the side mission before the main one, so I didn't talk to Onyx :(
If you don't understand what the puzzle is about, it's a good idea to poke its elements and see how they react. If you have problems, check out f4s1k1n's post.

Onyx is not tied with that optional mission. You don't lose or gain anything if you'll wait until Onyx appears.

Neo Nocturne

Aug 13, 2019
Odd? How so? As for the overall quality, guess I suck at animating. This much became obvious after the first two months. The puzzles are tricky to balance. Even in this topic, you'll find players who had problems with them.

I don't plan to make "naked" options but some stealth suits are pretty "tight and fitting".

If you don't understand what the puzzle is about, it's a good idea to poke its elements and see how they react. If you have problems, check out f4s1k1n's post.

Onyx is not tied with that optional mission. You don't lose or gain anything if you'll wait until Onyx appears.
Well, you have explained earlier about the different artist responsible for different characters etc...I assume the animation team is different from art team...yeah, so ignore me on that, I know the problem will be fixed eventually, all is well.

In the unlikely case if you must know:

Reactions: dekolokoooo

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Don’t forget to check out Ouro’s v0.1.5 public release if you didn’t already!

All art pieces are ready and I’m working on the H scene animation for the release during this week. I will aim for the usual range of February 14th to 16th yet there’s a slight chance the next content pack will be slightly delayed due to real-life issues. In that case, I will make a separate info post.

Both new characters, Mommy and Sarana, are already in the game and you can check their previews in my previous posts. Mommy will play the part in the main plotline. Sarana is a guest character with her own story and upcoming H scenes.

As for the logic, I’m gluing up together all the pieces of v0.2. The main story is ready and I’m more focused on testing for potential issues and the secondary quest line for Sarana. I’m pondering on adding some extra optional activities and will add them if I’ll have time.

Changed how the hacking multitool works the first time you try to interact with it after the purchase. Now, it will immediately transfer you to the puzzle zone if you talked with Onyx about work and received a datastick from him.

Fixed several Kira’s ”walker” sprites. They had problems with the final hairstyle: jitter and highlight displacement during walking animation.

New H scenes 0 / 1

New puzzles 1 / 1

New clothes 1 / 1

New characters 2 / 2

New missions 1 / 2

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
cv02.png

Ouro v0.2 is up for download. Aside from the usual story content and puzzle from Onyx, players can expect new stashes in new re-visitable zone - factory. Another point of interest is the secondary quest, introducing guest character Sarana. Check out shops for new items.

You can get the fresh version .

H content

This time you can get the new H scene through a secondary quest. Ask Eye in the hotel about work and follow his tips.

Adjusted several old scenes with better visuals and effects.

Small fixes and improvements

Changed how the hacking multitool works the first time you try to interact with it after the purchase. Now, it will immediately transfer you to the puzzle zone if you talked with Onyx about work and received a datastick from him.

Fixed several Kira’s ”walker” sprites. They had problems with the final hairstyle: jitter and highlight displacement during walking animation.

Fixed a potential problem for some devices - first animation during any H scene could play with a delay and end up with jitter in the next transition to another loop. With the new logic, there’s no delay on all supported devices.

Adjusted Kira’s Risky breeze sprite - it had some extra head color under the hair and it looked weird during her ”faded-out” state in dialogues. Mars attacks.

Fixed Freak in the office. Now, he correctly faces the table after finishing a dialogue with him.

Tomorrow, I will post dev plans on Patreon along with the monster girl poll.

Reactions: Beggarman

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Looks like February will be the last month for Ouro. Despite my best efforts, it looks like my skills are still lacking to make a more complex game like Ouroboros Syndrome. Interest dynamics are too negative to ignore, and a recent drop in support proves the point with the elegance of a sledgehammer. It may sound funny, but on 1 fresh follower for Ouro, I get about 3 for Yorna even if the game didn’t receive updates for ~ 8 months. This is huge. So, I’m putting Ouro on hold.

I understand some players will be greatly disappointed at this decision, yet it’s the only correct one. Ouro’s updates are much harder to make due to animations and a difficult setting. And this affects not only me, but artists too. Since Ouro’s results are negative on all fronts, I don’t see a reason to stubbornly cling to it and make life harder for everyone involved.

For what’s it worth, I’m sorry. It looks like I still suck at more complex game designs and should stick to easier ones. I won’t attempt something like this in the future until I’ll get a dedicated game designer’s help.

So, what’s next? Yorna EX version will be transferred to the public status shortly after and I will continue the original development cycle with monthly updates like it was prior to the EX version and Yorna’s final content pack.

I’ll return to developing Yorna and make something like an addon for it. Most of the new content will be after the final battle with the final boss and the “real” ending with cutscenes. I’ll adapt the logic, so players won’t need to start over to access new content.

This “addon” will have around 6-8 months of content and expand the original story and finish with enhanced endings. It will introduce new characters along with putting extra episodes for existing monster girls. Otherwise, you can expect “standard” Yorna content packs with new monster girls, funny cutscenes and new lands to explore.

After the “addon”, I plan to make another game with monster girl theme that will be similar to Yorna in several ways yet will bring several new features and gameplay elements. Positive mood and sandbox gameplay (akin to Yorna’s) will be the main focus.

Stay tuned for updates and don’t forget to participate in the !

Pic

May 13, 2017
It's really a pity, i really like ouro vibes and kira's design, but i understand where's the problem is.
I am waiting for the last update and then for Yorna's ones, good luck with the project you will decide to focus to.

Beggarman

Jan 14, 2018
Ah well. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed, but fair enough if that's the feedback you're getting. Do you think the game is something you're going to come back to or retool or w/e or is it pretty much done with?

EpicReee

Feb 28, 2018
Although I myself did critique the style of the scenes (Animated CGs in RPGs just seem off to me, in all RPGs in general not just Ouro) I am suprised to see that. Really the only thing bothering me was my personal disliking of animated CGs, but everything else was fine and had potential to form into a good game. But I guess if the game doesn't attract new supporters I can understand that choice. A shame tho, I liked the style of Kira and the cyberpunk setting.

Yeehaw Games

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
It's really a pity, i really like ouro vibes and kira's design, but i understand where's the problem is.
I am waiting for the last update and then for Yorna's ones, good luck with the project you will decide to focus to.
Ah well. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed, but fair enough if that's the feedback you're getting. Do you think the game is something you're going to come back to or retool or w/e or is it pretty much done with?
Although I myself did critique the style of the scenes (Animated CGs in RPGs just seem off to me, in all RPGs in general not just Ouro) I am suprised to see that. Really the only thing bothering me was my personal disliking of animated CGs, but everything else was fine and had potential to form into a good game. But I guess if the game doesn't attract new supporters I can understand that choice. A shame tho, I liked the style of Kira and the cyberpunk setting.
Thank you. Ouro will be put on hold until I'll get at some help from a dedicated game designer. As I see it, I failed to blend Ouro's different gameplay elements into a smooth cocktail despite my best efforts. Well, sometimes one is just not good enough.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
The setting is interesting, but I never much cared for the animations, to be honest.
I don't know how much extra effort goes into making an animation, but it always felt wasted.
I'd rather have 2x as many scenes with static CG.

The biggest problem for me with Oro is that.... there was nothing there. An intro, a single mission and one scene.
I played 0.5 and elected not to try 1.0 or 1.5, because i'd rather wait until there was more content.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkLizerd

Neo Nocturne

Aug 13, 2019
It really feels like "I told you so..." does again happen to me. The animation part did wear out the development...every time I predict something bad happening and it happens, it drowns me in a pool of sadness, now I shall watch more Last Week Tonight to keep myself afloat...

Anyway, it's still a good try. At least the character design and world setting are fairly done. Pushing for animation is a hard task especially for developers that aren't getting a sustainable funding to push harder for that field; that's why despite the popular opinion OneOne1 is terrible with the battle H-animations, I never complain; honestly, it is hard to find people who understand the difficulties and limitation a developer may face and are able to appreciate the work that has been done.

Side note if there will be a continuation of Ouroboros, assuming there will be puzzle-solving involving words//phases etc., offering in-game items with descriptions that contain words in bold//italic is a fun way to bring the lore to the audience, especially the description contains narrations//facts related to world design of the game. Certain catch-phases//slangs can be used by certain characters to make them more interesting (also as a part of world building etc.); it may help to bring out characteristics out of ordinary characters. (just for fun, the keyword system in FF2, assuming if you have a list of keywords in the game and creating a crossword puzzle based on those, it will be fun and interesting for players to keep an eye on the lore too)

Hopefully Yorna might spin enough positive avenue to reboot the continuation of Ouroboros. In term of art style, this is a quality work from a non-Japan-based developer. Keep up the good work, Yeehaw Games. And finally, may the cash be with you!