Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
i played *viewed like until chapter 14?
no scenes at all...
what is this novel about?
just a novel wihtout any S- contents?
The first h-scene is at the end of 15, but I can already tell you that if you're just playing for the h-scenes you're not going to have a great time.

H2R

Jul 9, 2020
The first h-scene is at the end of 15, but I can already tell you that if you're just playing for the h-scenes you're not going to have a great time.
I'm debating if I should wait till a few more updates cause I'm too greedy this is one of the best games I played, is it a monthly update?

david makai

Apr 29, 2022
What is the scene, though? Is it an H scene?
It's not an H-scene:
https://f95zone.to/threads/out-of-touch-v2-42-public-story-anon.67494/post-9097984

I really like this VN. I just gotta say(don't read if you haven't done the last couple of chapters)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm pretty sure she's not going through with it, iirc the plan is to basically bail at the last minute to make sure all possible bridges are burned. Of course if her mom cared even the slightest about what her overbearing 'parenting' was accomplishing she might realize that one of the things you get from that kind of parenting is dangerously resentful children.

I can see getting a little tired, but from what I know of how these arcs have been paced so far I think things are going to start popping off pretty quick which we got some hints of at the very end of this chapter.

One of the things that happens when you have parents who constantly run roughshod over any objections you might have to what they want from you, is that you learn that what you want never matters. So it seems to me like she's trapped between:
A) not knowing what she wants (if it doesn't matter and you'll never get it, why think about it at all and
B) knowing what she wants but being too afraid to go for it because she can never have it because that's just always how it's been.

Being around people like that can be very frustrating, so I can see what you mean, I just see it a bit different is all.

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
Very glad to hear that! Leah's arc ends with Ch37, so the whole crazy situation is coming to an end one way or another very soon.
Really now? I thought this was getting stretched out for at least another 5 chapters.
Next chapter seems like a doozy.

Yes.
When do I get in your sig :cry:
Dammit, I could swear I did all the side quests and...done!
Dammit, I can't believe this is how I found out Oopsy Daisy was abandoned...

mpekas

Jul 2, 2017
I'm getting a lot of missing images without any in-game indication other than a white screen with the text.
I checked OoTruntime.log and it's full of lines like this(with different numbers):

Missing asset file with name: Chapter_35_0001 at path Z:/home/discord/xxx/OutOfTouch-2.42/OoT_Data\IMAGES~\Chapter_34_
script\Chapter_35_0001.png

I downloaded the full Win archive from Mega and extracted it in a new directory(not over an old version).

Copying the 2.42 patch over the full 2.42 version brought all the missing files but they're nowhere to be found in the full archive.

Last edited:

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
I'm getting a lot of missing images without any in-game indication other than a white screen with the text.
I checked OoTruntime.log and it's full of lines like this(with different numbers):

Missing asset file with name: Chapter_35_0001 at path Z:/home/discord/xxx/OutOfTouch-2.42/OoT_Data\IMAGES~\Chapter_34_
script\Chapter_35_0001.png

I downloaded the full Win archive from Mega and extracted it in a new directory(not over an old version).

Copying the 2.42 patch over the full 2.42 version brought all the missing files but they're nowhere to be found in the full archive.
This happens when your antivirus quarantines the IMAGEs~ folder for being an open folder filled with a bunch of sussy jpgs.

mpekas

Jul 2, 2017
This happens when your antivirus quarantines the IMAGEs~ folder for being an open folder filled with a bunch of sussy jpgs.
I'm not sure what happened, but it's not due to an antivirus because i'm not using one(linux) and the full archive doesn't work correctly without the update patch.

Check the path from the logfile though, I think it searches for the...wrong files in the wrong directory?

Missing asset file with name: Chapter_35_0001 at path Z:/home/discord/xxx/OutOfTouch-2.42/OoT_Data\IMAGES~\Chapter_34_script\Chapter_35_0001.png

There is a Chapter_35_0001.jpg under Chapter_35_script but no Chapter_35_0001.png under Chapter_34_script.

Reactions: Story Anon

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
I'm not sure what happened, but it's not due to an antivirus because i'm not using one(linux) and the full archive doesn't work correctly without the update patch.

Check the path from the logfile though, I think it searches for the...wrong files in the wrong directory?

Missing asset file with name: Chapter_35_0001 at path Z:/home/discord/xxx/OutOfTouch-2.42/OoT_Data\IMAGES~\Chapter_34_script\Chapter_35_0001.png
Hmm that is odd. I'll take a look into it.

There's always been some jank around where chapters transition into new chapters, the frustrating part is that it's never consistent and usually works perfectly up until it uhh...doesn't.

4.60 star(s) 228 Votes