Dazzar56

Oct 29, 2020
My point is many of Koikatsu games look a bit stock. Becose of limited assets of the engine. But Story Anon is realy pushing the limits here. His work with lights, camera angles and chracters faces is sooo good that sometimes I even fogot it's been renedered by engine not painted from scrach. An other times, of corse, complite flat JPEG-beer сan appers on screen but mostly weaknesses of Koikatsu is well hidden.
It's just great.

The only thing this game is lacking is some sort of charlist. It has huge cast with a lot of names. A little confusing sometimes.
By the way, sparky girl from Mizue Arcade club, Katie. Will she appear in future? She's cute

Sep 26, 2021
His work with . . . chracters faces is sooo good
Related to that:

I've never used Koikatsu but from what I gather the pointy chin faces are intended to be female faces and the rounded chins are intended to be male. At least that's the convention in basically every other KK VN I've seen. Out of Touch flips that around so that most men have the pointy chins and (I think) all of the women have the rounded chins. It's a subtle difference but I think it looks waaaayyyyyy better that way.

david makai

Apr 29, 2022
You can make anything work with enough or even a decent amount of effort, which people don't always do. Not to downplay all the good art here but a lot of people aren't really even willing to go that far.

Adalace

Jun 19, 2020
We're on Patron Test Build #4 and have two showstopper bugs to fix before we can put out our (hopefully) last Public Test Build before we go full release with it.
Any updates on the android build? We're coming up on 2 months since the last update on that so I figured there might be news.

Reactions: doujin1
Mar 6, 2021
So I started playing this VN a couple days ago and got to the first fight with Cro, but I can't progress any further. I assumed healing the hostage would be the way to win but I've done it twice now and the fight just keeps going. Have I missed something? Guarding and attacking don't change anything either.
Did you restore all hostage's HP (60 HP iirc)?
Does Aine have any HP? Aine's 0 HP causes softlock.

ReegusLeroy

Mar 19, 2020
Did you restore all hostage's HP (60 HP iirc)?
Does Aine have any HP? Aine's 0 HP causes softlock.
crofight.JPG
Yep to both. I deleted my original post because the third time I tried it worked, but I saw the dev is active in these threads so I'll leave this pic of my second attempt for posterity. I guess it's a bug?

Mar 6, 2021
View attachment 2120117
Yep to both. I deleted my original post because the third time I tried it worked, but I saw the dev is active in these threads so I'll leave this pic of my second attempt for posterity. I guess it's a bug?
Well, it might be a bug. IIRC, to trigger combat end after restoring hostage's HP you should attack Cro.
Afterall, combat system will be reworked eventually.

Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
View attachment 2120117
The current combat section is a proof of concept we did to refine the old and even worse Ren'py version. When Snow is rehabilitated and back to work, we're going to rip this out and replace it with a way better version (after Android)

Reactions: TheOnlyRockSolid

david makai

Apr 29, 2022
It's really really good.

I'm guessing when this settles and we get into The Teresa arc CJ is definitely going to have to deal with his mom and her impact on him, I have a feeling it's going to get weird.

Hard to imagine, weird in this story, but I have a feeling...

Reactions: punisher2099

buff

May 29, 2017
It's really really good.

I'm guessing when this settles and we get into The Teresa arc CJ is definitely going to have to deal with his mom and her impact on him, I have a feeling it's going to get weird.

Hard to imagine, weird in this story, but I have a feeling...
If your Dad is an emotionally distant supernatural being that might or might not exist in the way that we think of existing and may or may not have a harem that is trying to ruin your life, and your MOM is the troublesome parent...... you got problems.

Reactions: gexivo

david makai

Apr 29, 2022
I have an OoT spinoff idea - that dude Ruriko threw in front of a truck in the flashback becomes the star of his own psych-horror isekai

4.60 star(s) 228 Votes