buff

May 29, 2017
Does it? I thought it was relayed to us in no uncertain terms that this level of modifications is beyond mortal means. Clearly, everything that is happening, including whatever schemes goddesses are trying to pull, is a part of a Grander Plan that is upcoming Conjunction (i think that's the word used). I guess CJ is supposed to give a birth to a new breed of superior humans.
That's what I mean about the explanations being inconsistent. The gods have no reason to make those mods, and the mortals have no ability to do them. Grandpa Hidaka, I'm looking at you.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
The gods have no reason to make those mods
How about creating a perfect physical vassal to interact with the material world? They don't do gene therapy, they just magick living matter into a perfect condition.

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
If that's the case, then it's a question of why activation was both needed and not done immediately.
As we know from Ashly, sometimes mods just don't take and maybe activating them immediately would also set things in motion too early. Or something.

Aeon_RHS

May 1, 2020
If that's the case, then it's a question of why activation was both needed and not done immediately.
I couldn't tell you the why as I don't have the mind of a god but it sounds like what our genes commonly do, with some controlling the expression of other genes and turning on or off due to some outside stimulus.

ElukiaTV

Mar 11, 2019
How about creating a perfect physical vassal to interact with the material world? They don't do gene therapy, they just magick living matter into a perfect condition.
Also this.
What Shaila and Jamie see has "gene mods" might just be God's magic at work here. Yeah, he was modified to be the ultimate chad. But with powers, not a lab.

Nennius

Dec 3, 2022
You could even theorize that CJ is intended to be the perfect progenitor of a new universe. We know he will eventually have the power to create universe's at will, perhaps he is also meant to serve as the divine "Adam" of these worlds as the father of an entire race.

Muramasa0

Thicc thighs for breakfast
Donor
Jun 25, 2018
This one looks amazing, but boy +7GB is too much. Will wait for a compressed version.

kvier

Apr 30, 2018
Since the game isn't storing its images in Unity assets - it's just directories of JPGs - compressing it to half the size seems easy.

But each image is already only 300kB, and shaving that down that down by enough without ending up with a artifact-y mess seems rough...

soyuyuka

Oct 4, 2018
Since the game isn't storing its images in Unity assets - it's just directories of JPGs - compressing it to half the size seems easy.

But each image is already only 300kB, and shaving that down that down by enough without ending up with a artifact-y mess seems rough...
Game was 720p and android is still 720p which is around 5.5GB but to compress below that would require deep frying all images and I don't think anyone would enjoy playing that. If you want to use less traffic - keep up with updates, they are usually not as big as current one - it just came with music/video update and new prologue.

buff

May 29, 2017
Usually when games get this big, they are broken into multiple applications. That's a pain in the ass, but I'd rather see that happen then have shitty images-- the CGs are about as good as you are going to see in a Koi game. And if the developers are competent (and Snow/NB are) then carrying your choices between versions doesn't have to be awful.

kvier

Apr 30, 2018
I have had no difficulty splitting the JPEGs into multiple separate downloads. It wouldn't be wrong to split the single download into "everything else" (~800MB), and then a separate ~1GB download of only the JPEGs for each 5 chapter group.

But I also don't expect people to read that you need to download all the image packs and instead have even more people not understanding a split download than whining about a 7GB download

Nennius

Dec 3, 2022
I have had no difficulty splitting the JPEGs into multiple separate downloads. It wouldn't be wrong to split the single download into "everything else" (~800MB), and then a separate ~1GB download of only the JPEGs for each 5 chapter group.

But I also don't expect people to read that you need to download all the image packs and instead have even more people not understanding a split download than whining about a 7GB download
Yeah the android download already has to be broken up into chunks like that due to android limitations and there's at least one person daily asking for tech support because they failed to read and understand the instructions. So you're probably right that it'd hinder more people than it'd help.
Keeping up with the update patches is the best move for people with limited bandwidth, usually it's far udner 1GB this month was just an especially big update with some extra features.

darkdreamsan

Apr 12, 2022
Hey Devs, amazing game and work as always.

Is it possible to add in controller support for this game?
Ren'py has them by default and makes life easier for people like me who navigate VNs via controller miles away from the monitor. ;)

While some might add, "Well it can be done via a wireless keyboard or a mouse too (and I have that)", but there are multiple instances where I jog while reading them.

4.60 star(s) 228 Votes