Wayfarer Kane

Apr 3, 2023
The entire joke came from the fact that it wouldn't take any effort at all, especially since it wouldn't include Mizzie or Tsukiko.

Try to count how many Jamie sex scenes I'll have to rework right now because of it.
was thinking more about the whole ”secret girl” joke that lasted a bunch of chapters early, cj calling jamie a fag, etc.

Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
was thinking more about the whole ”secret girl” joke that lasted a bunch of chapters early, cj calling jamie a fag, etc.
Not to toot my own horn too much, but in a month I put out more content for OoT than most successful games put out in a semester and I’ve been doing it for years now.

Rewriting part of the script isn’t exactly the most ball busting endeavor I could do. It would be a victory lap, not an ordeal.

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
Damn this game is... good but weird... I'm not sure how to categorize this... this is almost a "kinetic" novel, but it has some kind of unnecessay freeplay parts and a "combat" mini-game that just feel like they're there to satisfy the illusion of "this is a game".

I would've loved more animations, but eh, it works well as is, kinda like reading a manga I guess... it's cool.

Anyways, pretty good, pretty good... the only real complain is: why are the images low res??? It'd look sooooo much better in at least 1080p ='( nevermind I'm stupid

Oh and a personal issue, but god I fuckin hate that "chad thundercock" meme and the fact that the MC is called "chad johnson thundercock jr"... what a fuckin stupid name... I know it was probably done for the "lols", but it's not funny and it's kinda ruinning what's otherwise a legit great manga/anime story.

Last edited:

Nennius

Dec 3, 2022
Damn this game is... good but weird... I'm not sure how to categorize this... this is almost a "kinetic" novel, but it has some kind of unnecessay freeplay parts and a "combat" mini-game that just feel like they're there to satisfy the illusion of "this is a game".

I would've loved more animations, but eh, it works well as is, kinda like reading a manga I guess... it's cool.

Anyways, pretty good, pretty good... the only real complain is: why are the images low res??? It'd look sooooo much better in at least 1080p ='(

Oh and a personal issue, but god I fuckin hate that "chad thundercock" meme and the fact that the MC is called "chad johnson thundercock jr"... what a fuckin stupid name... I know it was probably done for the "lols", but it's not funny and it's kinda ruinning what's otherwise a legit great manga/anime story.
Where in the game are you up to? because there are choices that can precvent you from getting future scenes if you make the wrong choice. I'd also say the Chad name pays off quite well in several moments like chapter 37.

Also you must be playing an out of date version or android if it's not in 1080p. Android needs all the file size it can get but PC/Mac has been publicly in 1080p for a month now.

hmorphone

Jun 8, 2017
I don’t really get the Chad joke myself, but other people do (and apparently find it quite funny.). I have no problem with that so it’s cool with me.

Nennius

Dec 3, 2022
I don’t really get the Chad joke myself, but other people do (and apparently find it quite funny.). I have no problem with that so it’s cool with me.
It's based on this meme

Specifically this depiction

There's also a lot of lore hiding behind a joke. The implications of Chad Thundercock are big.

Reactions: hmorphone

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
Where in the game are you up to? because there are choices that can precvent you from getting future scenes if you make the wrong choice. I'd also say the Chad name pays off quite well in several moments like chapter 37.

Also you must be playing an out of date version or android if it's not in 1080p. Android needs all the file size it can get but PC/Mac has been publicly in 1080p for a month now.
I downloaded it from the gdrive link in page 1 (WIN section)... is that not the correct one?

Oh, and I'm up to... what was it, ch 32 or so... so far the only choices I've seen are basically to skip content... and why would anyone do that? =/

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
Eh it's a stale ass meme that was never that funny in the first place... and the drawing itself is bad, obviously, part of the "joke", but kind of a shame to ruin something good with a dated bad meme... imo, of course.

Also, I'm sorry to anyone called Chad, but Chad is a fuckin' terrible name :ROFLMAO:

Nennius

Dec 3, 2022
I downloaded it from the gdrive link in page 1 (WIN section)... is that not the correct one?

Oh, and I'm up to... what was it, ch 32 or so... so far the only choices I've seen are basically to skip content... and why would anyone do that? =/
Then the version you're playing is in 1080p mate. The choices are rather unsuspecting in their consequences. The final choice of this current update is a prime example of it, it's likely to have very interesting consequences in some moments going forward.

Eh it's a stale ass meme that was never that funny in the first place... and the drawing itself is bad, obviously, part of the "joke", but kind of a shame to ruin something good with a dated bad meme... imo, of course.

Also, I'm sorry to anyone called Chad, but Chad is a fuckin' terrible name :ROFLMAO:
The joke is supposed to be as over the top as possible, it's designed to be the most ridiculous thing in the game by far. But knowing Anon it's a bit of a trojan horse, at chapter 32 I'm sure you can understand that the identity of CJs dad is a major question and him appearing the way he does has lore implications. It's not just a dumb joke, it's a dumb joke that's probably foreshadowing several major reveals down the line.
You probably haven't noticed since its your first playthrough but Anon is an addict when it comes to planning and foreshadowing, there's some crazy foreshadowing for chapter 37 in 2.And scenes from 29 in the opening movie that was made a year and a half before 29 came out.

Reactions: hmorphone

soyuyuka

Oct 4, 2018

Did you download "update" or "full"? Update doesn't include all pictures (that would make chapter update that is already too big now due to music/video updates in this version even biggger - as big as full download is because most of it is just pictures), so if you're updating from before 1080p build was made publiic you will only have 1080p in new chapters.

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
Then the version you're playing is in 1080p mate. The choices are rather unsuspecting in their consequences. The final choice of this current update is a prime example of it, it's likely to have very interesting consequences in some moments going forward.
huh, then is it the compression of the images that makes 'em look like that? this is the first Unity avn I've played (I think) so maybe it's the compression setting in unity or something... I dunno... either way, something looks off at full screen. I'll have to check later if it's on my end... but speaking of the animation, that one looked sharp & clean at fullscreen, compared to the static renders, so that's why I thought they were 720p... :unsure:

As for the story beats, well I'm not done yet... but from what I've understood so far CJ is either a shard of his grander self or some sort of reincarnation, not entirerly sure because of the confusing sequence at the begining... but right now I'm assuming the "dad" is not his dad at all but himself.

But in anycase, there's no reveal that will make me like the ugly ass meme drawing pasted into the game (or the name "Chad") 'cause it's just ugly. We'll see... Also, kinda weird his name is "thunder" something, since he seems to be more of a sun deity.

Aeon_RHS

May 1, 2020
huh, then is it the compression of the images that makes 'em look like that? this is the first Unity avn I've played (I think) so maybe it's the compression setting in unity or something... I dunno... either way, something looks off at full screen. I'll have to check later if it's on my end... but speaking of the animation, that one looked sharp & clean at fullscreen, compared to the static renders, so that's why I thought they were 720p... :unsure:

As for the story beats, well I'm not done yet... but from what I've understood so far CJ is either a shard of his grander self or some sort of reincarnation, not entirerly sure because of the confusing sequence at the begining... but right now I'm assuming the "dad" is not his dad at all but himself.

But in anycase, there's no reveal that will make me like the ugly ass meme drawing pasted into the game (or the name "Chad") 'cause it's just ugly. We'll see... Also, kinda weird his name is "thunder" something, since he seems to be more of a sun deity.
Chad

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
good lord this story is utter garbage, let alone the lack of choice.
Are you ok? Playing this must have really left you tilded, if you went through all that trouble to leave your valuable opinion here. Did this help? Did you let it out of your system?

4.60 star(s) 228 Votes