Crepusculum

Jan 4, 2018
Hi Story Anon

First I would like to say, this is a well developed story based game anime. I don't find faults with your game. But, I have to mention this is a "Kinetic Novel" not a VN, VN should have choices of dialogues that have impact on the story, or paths to choose for MC, change the way character behaves based on choices. But, this game does not have any of those, I played like 15 Chapters in , and I see your effort in building this game and it's good. I would appreciate, you mention few things in the OP, like it is Multiple POV tag, like you have to go through different characters perspective, Not just one , but each one has their own point of views, which makes it good for story telling, which is good for a Kinetic Novel. But, that is not part of choice based VN. If this is tagged as KN, and many tags are missing, especially the MultiProtag or Multi POV, that is important. Kindly adjust them, so people who go into the game expecting a VN and see slow burn KN, don't get disappointed and reduce your game review which might be not fair to you. As the game is good on its own accord, just not as it is advertised. And the Teasor Trailer, makes no sense, maybe update it. Thank you
While i can't dispute what you said about KN and VN, as i really am not knowledgeable enough about it, i can say that If you're specifically looking for big branching, this may not be the prefect story for you (check out Pale Carnations if you haven't, they started doing in recent updates after an amazing build up)

However, if you enjoy immersive stories/books filled with foreshadowing, without intricate branching paths, then Chapter 15 is just the tip of the iceberg. Think of it as character buildup in an anime, like Steins;Gate (the anime) up to episode 7 (or is it 13?). If this appeals to you, delve into chapters 16-22, where the true essence of the story unfolds. If you do decide to read them, I would be thrilled to hear your thoughts.

Derik X

Jan 19, 2021
While i can't dispute what you said about KN and VN, as i really am not knowledgeable enough about it, i can say that If you're specifically looking for big branching, this may not be the prefect story for you (check out Pale Carnations if you haven't, they started doing in recent updates after an amazing build up)

However, if you enjoy immersive stories/books filled with foreshadowing, without intricate branching paths, then Chapter 15 is just the tip of the iceberg. Think of it as character buildup in an anime, like Steins;Gate (the anime) up to episode 7 (or is it 13?). If this appeals to you, delve into chapters 16-22, where the true essence of the story unfolds. If you do decide to read them, I would be thrilled to hear your thoughts.
Hi, thanks for the suggestions on other games and giving some insight on how this particular game progresses. I have played Pale Carnations. I was not in particular looking for big branching games, but as you said, maybe just going through first 15 chapters, which turns out from your explanation is like a prologue, maybe there are meaningful choices in later chapters. I am not against content like this game, this is a good story and feels more like I am watching anime. But, I was expecting more as other games which had a set choices of dialogues to choose from, when we interact with other characters. Not particularly in dating sims alone, but also other games there usually comes up two choice of actions or dialogues and you can choose one of those. But, I understand now that 1-15 chapters being prologue, it doesn't give much dialogue choices and maybe further down it does. Quick question though, does this game end up with Love interests having sexual relations with each other or other than CJ?

Reactions: Crepusculum

Nennius

Dec 3, 2022
Quick question though, does this game end up with Love interests having sexual relations with each other or other than CJ?
The LI's have relations with each other within the polycule. but no other males or anyone outside the group

Crepusculum

Jan 4, 2018
Hi, thanks for the suggestions on other games and giving some insight on how this particular game progresses. I have played Pale Carnations. I was not in particular looking for big branching games, but as you said, maybe just going through first 15 chapters, which turns out from your explanation is like a prologue, maybe there are meaningful choices in later chapters. I am not against content like this game, this is a good story and feels more like I am watching anime. But, I was expecting more as other games which had a set choices of dialogues to choose from, when we interact with other characters. Not particularly in dating sims alone, but also other games there usually comes up two choice of actions or dialogues and you can choose one of those. But, I understand now that 1-15 chapters being prologue, it doesn't give much dialogue choices and maybe further down it does. Quick question though, does this game end up with Love interests having sexual relations with each other or other than CJ?
Like i said, this is less of a choice/branch game, but the story is incredible.

Let me know if you kept going!

buff

May 29, 2017
I have to mention this is a "Kinetic Novel" not a VN, VN should have choices of dialogues that have impact on the story, or paths to choose for MC, change the way character behaves based on choices.
There are a few impactful choices (mainly you can lock yourself out of some sex scenes if you don't explore the entire open world segment, or later if you are a moron and turn down sex with a certain new harem applicant). But yeah, they aren't really proper "branches". There is open world stuff, but that's mainly just more story arranged in such a way that you have the option of reading shit in a confusing order if you want.

So, you're not wrong, BUT.....

The big thing is combat. Right now we just have the one placeholder combat in ch15, which looks pretty nice but isn't exactly Halo. However, on the Discord the dev has been trickling out the sprites and plans and even some stats for the combat engine, and it looks pretty good. My understanding is that once he gets the assets generated he is going to start adding quite a bit of combat - most (or even all?) of the fight scenes will have a combat option, which should be pretty cool. It also helps flesh out the lore to understand that certain characters have certain battle functions-- Teresa is a debuffer, CJ is a mana supplier, Kieran is a DPS tank, etc.

Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Hi Story Anon

First I would like to say, this is a well developed story based game anime. I don't find faults with your game. But, I have to mention this is a "Kinetic Novel" not a VN, VN should have choices of dialogues that have impact on the story, or paths to choose for MC, change the way character behaves based on choices. But, this game does not have any of those, I played like 15 Chapters in , and I see your effort in building this game and it's good. I would appreciate, you mention few things in the OP, like it is Multiple POV tag, like you have to go through different characters perspective, Not just one , but each one has their own point of views, which makes it good for story telling, which is good for a Kinetic Novel. But, that is not part of choice based VN. If this is tagged as KN, and many tags are missing, especially the MultiProtag or Multi POV, that is important. Kindly adjust them, so people who go into the game expecting a VN and see slow burn KN, don't get disappointed and reduce your game review which might be not fair to you. As the game is good on its own accord, just not as it is advertised. . Thank you
If you've gotten to Chapter 15, you've already passed several choices that will impact how the game plays out over the next few hours. That's why there are open world segments in Chapter 1, Chapter 2 and Chapter 7. Your actions in these segments matter.
Some of those exact choices keep affecting the player experience until Chapter 35, which is 20+ hours later.

So no, it's not a Kinetic Novel. You simply misunderstand how and where the choices in this game are.

If you're looking for constant, lazy, illusionary choices like WVM then no, you're not going to get those. I am not going to put in a button every 15 minutes asking the player if they want to experience this particular content or not. I respect the intelligence of my player and I hope you can appreciate doing the same for me.

And the Trailer was more like intro on characters available in the game, which is not a bad thing, but I was expecting something along the lines of what this game is about. But, as a first time watching the trailer without knowing anything about the game, it would be helpful to have that impression. But, after playing the game coming back to see the characters in trailer it's fine, but from what I understand new people watch the trailer for first impressions to understand what the game content is like or story is about . Anyhow no need to focus too much on trailer as we can totally skip trailer altogether and just play the game as it has not much impact , if we decide to check out the game after looking at images samples.

Edit: I am elaborating on what I wanted to talk about Trailer, as it was not clear earlier.
There are multiple trailers now, if you check out my Youtube channel that the first one is hosted on. The first one focuses on the main characters as that is precisely what the entire game is about on more levels than is apparent.

But, I understand now that 1-15 chapters being prologue, it doesn't give much dialogue choices and maybe further down it does.
Like I said, there were multiple impactful choices that you make by either doing or not doing certain content in Ch1, Ch2 and Ch7 already, some of which only pay off hours later.

Maybe you're too used to low quality games and expect the same treatment from my game, which would be a shame.

Quick question though, does this game end up with Love interests having sexual relations with each other or other than CJ?
All this talk of tags and you didn't see the lesbian tag? :HideThePain:

Yeah the girls in the harem will fool around with each other as well as CJ. Don't play this game if that bothers you.

TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Hi Story Anon

First I would like to say, this is a well developed story based game anime. I don't find faults with your game. But, I have to mention this is a "Kinetic Novel" not a VN, VN should have choices of dialogues that have impact on the story, or paths to choose for MC, change the way character behaves based on choices.
People have already responded by clearing up that OoT isn't a kinetic novel, but I just wanted to say that all kinetic novels are VNs, but not all VNs are kinetic novels.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: buff

Derik X

Jan 19, 2021
If you've gotten to Chapter 15, you've already passed several choices that will impact how the game plays out over the next few hours. That's why there are open world segments in Chapter 1, Chapter 2 and Chapter 7. Your actions in these segments matter.
Some of those exact choices keep affecting the player experience until Chapter 35, which is 20+ hours later.

So no, it's not a Kinetic Novel. You simply misunderstand how and where the choices in this game are.

If you're looking for constant, lazy, illusionary choices like WVM then no, you're not going to get those. I am not going to put in a button every 15 minutes asking the player if they want to experience this particular content or not. I respect the intelligence of my player and I hope you can appreciate doing the same for me.

There are multiple trailers now, if you check out my Youtube channel that the first one is hosted on. The first one focuses on the main characters as that is precisely what the entire game is about on more levels than is apparent.

Like I said, there were multiple impactful choices that you make by either doing or not doing certain content in Ch1, Ch2 and Ch7 already, some of which only pay off hours later.

Maybe you're too used to low quality games and expect the same treatment from my game, which would be a shame.

All this talk of tags and you didn't see the lesbian tag? :HideThePain:

Yeah the girls in the harem will fool around with each other as well as CJ. Don't play this game if that bothers you.
Thanks for taking your time to reply on the questions I had. I want to re-iterate that this game is good from story as well as effort put into building it(I think I was clear when I mentioned that). There are plenty games with low bar for quality of content and I am aware of the "handholding" on those for the players. Anyhow, Since I am clear on your stance and the game's content and the path it takes, I am satisfied with what I wanted to know, and there will be no more elaboration on what I wanted to express, as it will not provide anymore constructive discussion here and doesn't help anyone.

Reactions: TD1900

SuperSupra7

May 16, 2023
i been looking at reviews and why everyone crying about 'HandHolding' its just hands man come on. anyways this game looks interesting i might give it a try also uhh How long is it?

akselx

Mar 29, 2020
i been looking at reviews and why everyone crying about 'HandHolding' its just hands man come on. anyways this game looks interesting i might give it a try also uhh How long is it?
Holding hands is very degenerate sexual fetish, worse then ntr.

• Haha
Reactions: asmrfan23

Nennius

Dec 3, 2022
You're looking at 32 hours+ with the current content, with one/two hours added about every month

4.60 star(s) 228 Votes