CereBros

Oct 2, 2021
Hesitation is defeat... So I will ask one more technical question please. After I finish current version and save/backup/transfer the AppData/LocalLow - Lighting rooster folder and delete this AVN, and then after few months redownload recent version and put those files back there... Will it work the same way as RenPy saves, or are there order associated folders somewhere to backup ?
Once again thanks for reply.

soyuyuka

Oct 4, 2018
Hesitation is defeat... So I will ask one more technical question please. After I finish current version and save/backup/transfer the AppData/LocalLow - Lighting rooster folder and delete this AVN, and then after few months redownload recent version and put those files back there... Will it work the same way as RenPy saves, or are there order associated folders somewhere to backup ?
Once again thanks for reply.
This isn't like ren'py. Saves are only in a single folder - path to that folder you can see in help menu and if platform allows it you can open it by pressing button with folder icon in save/load menu. So as long as you have saves in that folder they will work fine even if you move them from other device. The only thing is that next update save folder might change a bit but if you have saves in old folder game will automatically move saves to new folder as long as it's not blocked by some permissions.

You don't need to back up any other folder.

Reactions: CereBros

TheGeeb81

Feb 8, 2021
Wow, I should be more active on F95, shit's wild here, mainly because its more active than the itch io comment sections I usually dwell in.
Very entertaining to read everyone's theories, opinions, and whatever other stuff they say here too.

(I feel like I should also promise not to make any essay length posts though. Or at least leave that to the reviews section and post a heavily trimmed down version in this section.)

On that note, just started volume 4 yesterday (chapters 39/40? to 44?45?, whatever is legally classified as "World of Madness"), and stopped at the part where it introduced that mysterious soldier guy and it already has me hooked again even after my break from the game. So much so that I have to limit myself to playing it a little bit every Friday or else I'll just devour the whole story in about 7 seconds. That way it lasts a while, helps me kill time waiting for new episodes (for whatever shows I watch) and new games I wanna play to come out, and makes the work weeks go by quite a bit faster as I'd have something extra to look forward to every Friday, in addition to tacos that is. Great stuff so far, I love it.

Nennius

Dec 3, 2022
Wow, I should be more active on F95, shit's wild here, mainly because its more active than the itch io comment sections I usually dwell in.
Very entertaining to read everyone's theories, opinions, and whatever other stuff they say here too.

(I feel like I should also promise not to make any essay length posts though. Or at least leave that to the reviews section and post a heavily trimmed down version in this section.)

On that note, just started volume 4 yesterday (chapters 39/40? to 44?45?, whatever is legally classified as "World of Madness"), and stopped at the part where it introduced that mysterious soldier guy and it already has me hooked again even after my break from the game. So much so that I have to limit myself to playing it a little bit every Friday or else I'll just devour the whole story in about 7 seconds. That way it lasts a while, helps me kill time waiting for new episodes (for whatever shows I watch) and new games I wanna play to come out, and makes the work weeks go by quite a bit faster as I'd have something extra to look forward to every Friday, in addition to tacos that is. Great stuff so far, I love it.
Glad you're enjoying it. If you want to post any essays then feel free to so on the discord if you don't want to here, that's where 90% of the theoerising happens. And even if you just lurk it's where the previews, infographics, and announcements are. We even manage to have a 0%< accuracy rate somehow, for instance a few of us managed to predict Jamie marrying Leah off the foreshadowing.

Reactions: TheGeeb81

imadumb

Dev of Rikugun Shikan Gakkõ
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
Can't even play Ragnarok anymore without thinking about Out Of Touch lol
(Twisted God Freyja)
1697303407283.png 1697303448225.png 1697303462333.png 1697303472358.jpeg

TheGeeb81

Feb 8, 2021
I have decided to limit my essay posts to theories and discussions. Like this one.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There we go. There's my thoughts, have fun with them. Probably got too hung up on certain things, but whatever. And in all honesty, it feels like a 50/50 split between info dump and theory. Let me know what you think, or don't if you don't feel like it.
Ooh! I would like to know if I'm confirmed wrong/correct about anything though!

Nennius

Dec 3, 2022
I have decided to limit my essay posts to theories and discussions. Like this one.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There we go. There's my thoughts, have fun with them. Probably got too hung up on certain things, but whatever. And in all honesty, it feels like a 50/50 split between info dump and theory. Let me know what you think, or don't if you don't feel like it.
Ooh! I would like to know if I'm confirmed wrong/correct about anything though!
You're mostly on the same page that the Discord theories are, only a few extra details and some nuance. Anon is a nut for using colour symbolism so never fell silly for drawing connections on that. One thing I'll point out to you (No spoilers past 41, just theories we've been working on for a while), the ball of light appearance, is simply the way a soul looks without physical form. Rosa and Soldier Boy likely look like fae to each other because they're communicating through the other side thanks to their shared fae/auxo heritage, and linked by fate in potentially an Elin Nin way. The song being from her dad can potentially be explained by Teresa putting greater significance on that connection since he's gone, and I doubt Rosa would keep singing their song after he's gone.

TheGeeb81

Feb 8, 2021
One thing I'll point out to you (No spoilers past 41, just theories we've been working on for a while), the ball of light appearance, is simply the way a soul looks without physical form. Rosa and Soldier Boy likely look like fae to each other because they're communicating through the other side thanks to their shared fae/auxo heritage, and linked by fate in potentially an Elin Nin way. The song being from her dad can potentially be explained by Teresa putting greater significance on that connection since he's gone, and I doubt Rosa would keep singing their song after he's gone.
Alright, yeah. That actually makes a lot of sense.
Turns out me and the Discord think fairly similarly. Neat!

But yeah, I can definitely understand that whole "soul without a physical form" thing, it makes sense, and that song could've been Rosa's and Soldier's song. Like how couples usually have a song that is extra special to them because it played during their first date or something. In this scenario, that could've been Rosa and Soldier's "first date" probably second since he mentioned she sang it to him before. Point is: that song is special to them both, so Rosa might not sing it either out of respect or the fact it makes her sad which would make sense. While Teresa definitely could attribute it more to her dad than mom since he's gone and her mom isn't. Then again, maybe Rosa just didn't sing it to Teresa at all and that's why.

I should probably talk more on the Discord shouldn't I? I usually don't since most Discord servers have a million rules and it feels kinda strict, but the rules on this game's Discord don't look bad at all. The rules really seem like common sense to me. So yeah, when a topic I know about or am curious about shows up I might talk about it there. (y)

Reactions: Nennius

Nennius

Dec 3, 2022
I should probably talk more on the Discord shouldn't I? I usually don't since most Discord servers have a million rules and it feels kinda strict, but the rules on this game's Discord don't look bad at all. The rules really seem like common sense to me. So yeah, when a topic I know about or am curious about shows up I might talk about it there. (y)
Yeah by AVN discord server standards the OoT one is very laissez-faire. It can get a bit more rowdy and diverse than a lot of others, but it encourages activity. Which is partly why the discord is more active than some games 3 times it's patreon count.

ahdamn

Jul 13, 2017
I love this game. Stumbled upon it years ago when it was just starting out, then waited a long time before returning to it because the story was so good that I wanted to enjoy it as much as I could in a continuous narrative. I've just finished the Chapter 38ish story arc, is the next arc also completed or still in progress? Wondering if I should wait a few updates before coming back again! Cheers

soyuyuka

Oct 4, 2018
I love this game. Stumbled upon it years ago when it was just starting out, then waited a long time before returning to it because the story was so good that I wanted to enjoy it as much as I could in a continuous narrative. I've just finished the Chapter 38ish story arc, is the next arc also completed or still in progress? Wondering if I should wait a few updates before coming back again! Cheers
Waiting for the last chapter in the Teresa arc.

Reactions: ahdamn

Nennius

Dec 3, 2022
As said above, the next chapter is the finale to Teresa's arc and is expected ~1/12

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 228 Votes