Vidaura

Jan 30, 2020
I would suggest adding additional save slots to the Unity version. Probably less work than a gallery feature, and would make it more practical to replay sections of the game by saving periodically.

Reactions: Story Anon

Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
I would suggest adding additional save slots to the Unity version. Probably less work than a gallery feature, and would make it more practical to replay sections of the game by saving periodically.
I agree completely. Having been doing a ton of testing on the next build this week, the 6 slots are killing me too.

There will absolutely be more slots in the nearish future.

Reactions: Ubob and Jsd16

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Hello everyone!

Summer is finally here, and I hope the changing of the seasons has brought a bit more light back into your life (Literally, if you live in a rain forest like me).

Here’s your project update for June 1st!

First and foremost: The Unity Rebuild is going quite well, the newest test build containing a massive improvement to back-end systems, as well as the new Chapters 20 and 21, has been up for patrons for about a week. I cannot overstate how many important new features exist in this test build that just weren’t there a month ago, most of them should be completely invisible to the reader but things like conditional menu buttons and a more refined flag system are absolutely wonderful new additions for my side of things that allow me to make features like exploration segments far more interesting.

Of course, these big back-end changes required a boatload of dev testing. Last week Snow and I easily put 40 hours of testing in about 3 days, you guys on the Discord got to see that last day live. Now that the new features for the Visual Novel segments are working, our focus is back on combat.

Our framework is mostly complete (animation control, AI logic, stat tracking, etc) and now it’s just a matter of filling out the new UI and getting this tested as well. No critical blockers have really been found for combat, the delay is really more about all the small scale, busy work sections that keep having to be done for seemingly trivial things.

Functions need to be able to talk to each other, information in the game has to be able to be read correctly, things like that. While this is certainly much more work than the Ren’py version of combat to build, the result is that we’re going to have a 1st class combat system that we can build fun and interesting encounters with for years.

Being able to finally show it off to you guys is really exciting for me, so please look forward to that soon™.

Other than that, work has continued on Ch22. Last month I mentioned that Ch22 would likely be as long as Ch20+21 combined (1400 renders)...

Well, it’s actually broken 2000 renders and will likely be above 2500 when I’m completely done.

If you’ve played Ch21 already (And if you’re a patron, go play it!) you’ll know some real shit is about to go down for Jamie and CJ. I wanted to give this event the spectacle and breathing room it deserves without taking up chapter space that other plotlines will require, so Ch22 is going to be absolutely gigantic.

To put things in perspective, the currently released 1.27 Ren’py build is about 6500 renders. Ch20+21+22 together will be just under 4000. If you haven’t played since the last Ren’py build, the game is going to be nearly double the size it was previously. Lots to look forward to! This chapter will also feature some really fun combat sections that will finally let you sink your teeth into the system and will definitely make Ch15 look like a tutorial (because that’s what it was).

Along with Ch22’s obscene number of new renders will be some awesome new music and the work of our sound designer who has made completely original UI sounds, ambience and other sound effects for the game! I’ll preview some of these in the WIP channel on the Discord, but I’m already floored by how good these came out.

That about wraps it up for now. If you have any questions at all about the project, my door is 100% open. Even if you’re not a patron but are curious about anything, absolutely feel free to DM me either on Patreon, itch, f95 or Discord.

Until next time, take care!

Sincerely,

Story Anon

Reactions: ElukiaTV and sn3p
Jul 28, 2020
You disappoint me, Story Anon. I remember playing this game back in earlier builds last year and i posted my positive views on here as well. I could say this was a rather unique gem among other lewd games and frankly it did give me a bit hope for the future of this community. I suppose you could imagine my regret upon hearing you abandoning our lord and savior Ren'py. You say it will be different than other Un*ty(spits) games but talk is cheap. I suppose it is a bit harsh thing to say someone who calls himself "story anon" but yes. Now you might be wondering why is this unfathomably cool guy going ape over some engine change and destroying my happy game thread.

Of course engine is the least of my complaints. But i happened to trace back a couple(or maybe dozen) pages and heard very disturbing things regarding you adding some light-NTR elements under the disguise of y*ri.

What is that all about , anon ? Did something happened to you in half a year ? A side effect of covid or the vaccine perhaps ?

Or was it all just a charade?

It hurts, anon. Look i can understand mocking some fool who unironically played Taffy Tales more than 2 minutes and still surprised that the whole point of that Darnell dude was to cuck you at every turn possible. It was an obvious cuck game.

But this ? This actually wounded my heart. Such a nice game of delicious vanilla vibes being defiled in front of our eyes. You back-stabbed me, anon. Were you one of them all along ? Is this where you reveal your true colors ? I suppose i can never trust a game until it has the completed tag anymore. There is truly no escape from the unending tide of NTR. (sigh)

So what will it be next anon ? Some new childhood bully will "join the harem and start loving other members" ? I mean who cares as long as they love CJ as well right ?

Shame on you.

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
You disappoint me, Story Anon. I remember playing this game back in earlier builds last year and i posted my positive views on here as well. I could say this was a rather unique gem among other lewd games and frankly it did give me a bit hope for the future of this community. I suppose you could imagine my regret upon hearing you abandoning our lord and savior Ren'py. You say it will be different than other Un*ty(spits) games but talk is cheap. I suppose it is a bit harsh thing to say someone who calls himself "story anon" but yes. Now you might be wondering why is this unfathomably cool guy going ape over some engine change and destroying my happy game thread.

Of course engine is the least of my complaints. But i happened to trace back a couple(or maybe dozen) pages and heard very disturbing things regarding you adding some light-NTR elements under the disguise of y*ri.

What is that all about , anon ? Did something happened to you in half a year ? A side effect of covid or the vaccine perhaps ?

It hurts, anon. Look i can understand mocking some fool who unironically played Taffy Tales more than 2 minutes and still surprised that the whole point of that Darnell dude was to cuck you at every turn possible. It was an obvious cuck game.

But this ? This actually wounded my heart. Such a nice game of delicious vanilla vibes being defiled in front of our eyes. You back-stabbed me, anon. Were you one of them all along ? Is this where you reveal your true colors ? I suppose i can never trust a game until it has the completed tag anymore. There is truly no escape from the unending tide of NTR. (sigh)

So what will it be next anon ? Some new childhood bully will "join the harem and start loving other members" ? I mean who cares as long as they love CJ as well right ?

Shame on you.

Agree on all parts, tbh.

When will I pay for my crimes

Reactions: derpyturdmeister

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020

Shame on you.

It's too hard to understand that some people just don't like the same things you do huh, being sarcastic to take shots at people is pretty cool, keep it up.

Reactions: ElukiaTV

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017

Shame on you.

Yes, kind of.
[BxGxGxGxGxGxGxG]

Everyone basically fugs everyone. Lovingly. Eventually.
Literally the first page, post #7. If you weren't expecting a poly relationship (not just one poly person in a lot of relationships) then you weren't paying attention.

Reactions: ElukiaTV
Jul 28, 2020
Agree on all parts, tbh.

When will I pay for my crimes
Look at them go, anon. They attack me viciously and point it out that i missed your comment and kind of made a fool of myself. (Damn it)

But that is not the point is it ? We understand each other on the intellectual level. And i respect your honesty admitting your heinous acts against these good people. You masterfully turned the table against me and painted me as the bad guy. I respect you, Story Anon, truly. I underestimated how cunning you are. Yet i will never relent. Let them hate me, i am but just a pawn, irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

I may have lost this battle but we both know war will rage on as NTR and Vanilla can not coexist. I wish you good fortune in the wars to come and i will not look for you on the battlefield.

And for what it's worth, i forgive you Anon for the bliss your game once bestowed upon me. Farewell.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Story Anon

ElukiaTV

Mar 11, 2019
I was not prepared for what this game had in store for me. I love just how anime everything is, I binged 18 chapters in 1 sitting. Loving the game, thank you so much!
Yes, its actually a long game but you can eat it in a single sitting and dont even notice.
But eh... remember to drink water and eat. Hours fly by.

Reactions: eightypercent

eightypercent

Apr 2, 2020
Crikey! I thought I had made a huge mistake downloading this VN... struggled with the Intro at the beginning, then things sort of shifted side-ways in a, cloud-shaped, puff of multi-coloured smoke... Chapter 1 started slapping me around the face with the funkiest soundtrack that just hit the spot. It's like I'm tripping when completely sober. Brrrr.

EDIT... stranger things have definitely NOT happened at sea!

Last edited:

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
Thankfully my motto "Play new game only when it gets updated" saved me 2 months ago and I blissfully forgot about it until recently (damn you, guys with signatures!), but still, when will this game get the update?

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Thankfully my motto "Play new game only when it gets updated" saved me 2 months ago and I blissfully forgot about it until recently (damn you, guys with signatures!), but still, when will this game get the update?
Funny you should mention it, the test build for the full update is probably going out to patrons tonight and publicly as soon as we run out of horrifying bugs to fix.

upload.png

Scy7he

Nov 29, 2018
aww....I guess if the renpy engine wasn't gonna cut it for the game mechanics moving forward it's nice that you shifted to unity
but unfortunately that means I might not be able to play the game now
even low end unity games play horribly in my pc for some reason, I checked if it could be fixed but no solution

sed lyf :(

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
aww....I guess if the renpy engine wasn't gonna cut it for the game mechanics moving forward it's nice that you shifted to unity
but unfortunately that means I might not be able to play the game now
even low end unity games play horribly in my pc for some reason, I checked if it could be fixed but no solution

sed lyf :(
Are you running a non-English locale on your system?

A lot of amateur Unity devs don't take that possibility into account when coding (Basically whether your system uses periods or commas to denote decimals) and that can absolutely tank performance along with other functionality.

Rest assured, that won't be the case with this project. When the public unity build finally launches in the near future, give it a try. It might work better than you'd think.

4.60 star(s) 228 Votes