jayeddie1008

May 20, 2020
Unity Test Build v0.09

I get stuck in Ch 7 when trying to end Victoria's free roam. I click "Yes" to walk Vicki home, but it do not move forward after. Thoughts?

Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Unity Test Build v0.09

I get stuck in Ch 7 when trying to end Victoria's free roam. I click "Yes" to walk Vicki home, but it do not move forward after. Thoughts?
I spent the last 20 minutes wracking my brain trying to figure this one out:

Turns out I didn't hit save on the Menuscript before I zipped it. :HideThePain:

I'm attaching 3 .txt's to this, just drop them in the GAMESCRIPTS folder and overwrite. If that doesn't do it please let me know.

I'll also be updating the public test build to 0.10 pretty shortly and this fix will definitely be included.

jayeddie1008

May 20, 2020
I spent the last 20 minutes wracking my brain trying to figure this one out:

Turns out I didn't hit save on the Menuscript before I zipped it. :HideThePain:

I'm attaching 3 .txt's to this, just drop them in the GAMESCRIPTS folder and overwrite. If that doesn't do it please let me know.

I'll also be updating the public test build to 0.10 pretty shortly and this fix will definitely be included.

It worked. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. This is a great game with an complex and facinating story. Can't wait to see were it goes. I hope there will be more combat. I really enjoyed that. Thanks again.

Reactions: Story Anon

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Put in for an OP update, but here's v0.10 of the Unity Public Test Build:

Hello again!

Thank you again to everyone who's been testing the Unity Build, without you guys we would be dead in the water!

v0.10 is another pretty simple update like v0.9 that removes a potential blocker in Chapter 7 and fixes a ton of little script errors and typos that had managed to avoid detection previously.

As well as this, a bunch of legacy code from the Ren'py version was finally cut out.

So if you were having issues progressing past Chapter 7 in the Test build, that's now completely fixed plus the games a little prettier now.

Known issues: Same as from the previous update

-Sprite Transitions aren't working as intended

-Map screen blinks to white after a split second.

-Holding skip for long periods will cause some temporary issues with scrollback and video playing.

Download here:

Overall status update:

Combat development is going well right now, knock on wood. Hopefully we'll have a test build including Chapter 15 out sometime early-to-mid next week and if everything goes perfectly, I'm hoping to get an actual release candidate out by Friday the 23rd. This may or may not actually happen but it's what we're aiming for.

But don't worry about the wait, the release candidate build will contain all the chapters I've been working on in the meantime which at the moment already makes this the single biggest dump of new content since the game launched. So you'll have plenty to look forward to!

Thanks again,

Story Anon

r_luc77

Dec 8, 2018
Story Anon just wanna say that i found your game yesterday in HHG discord, finished the chapter 15 and i'm speechless! My god what was that! FENOMENAL! BRILLIANT! First the renders got me, than the soundtrack (loved the city pop and the Angelo Badalamente - from twin peaks - in the soundtrack), than the story made me play non-stop and than the animations, battle and effects of chapter 15: MY GOD! This is trully something else!! I will start volume 2 right now and I really hope my potato notebook can run Unity (because it never worked here) because i CAN'T STOP PLAYING THIS GAME! INCREDIBLE! In the near future I'll definitely support you in patreon! I'm speechless! My God, incredible work! BY FAR one of the best games here. You deserve a lot, friend! Thank you for the experience!

Last edited:

namelesschaos_22

May 8, 2018
Story Anon Sorry, I'm not sure where you'd prefer to see a bug report or if this is already known, but it's here. Just a little thing, when the perspective first swaps from the first to the second character, scrolling back to see a previous line sent me back to the very beginning of the game. You've noted that using skip generously seems to cause problems, but I had not used or interacted with the skip key before this.

The history button doesn't seem to work, from the normal UI it seems to do nothing, and from the right-click UI it brings up a blank history and the scrollbar can't be interacted with.

Additionally, visiting this blank history page and returning to the in-game menu seems to disable the return key and I become unable to return to the game, though the main menu button still works, and loading a save seems to fix this.

I didn't test before, but after this, the skip key no longer skipped seen-text, or perhaps seen-text was no longer registered as seen, I'm not sure and didn't test anything else.

Hope this is at least a little useful, good luck.

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
Just a heads up, Anon is SUPER active over on discord and engaging with everyone there so if you've got bug reports, want to see WIP or just chat about the game, feel free to shoot over. Link is in the OP.

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Story Anon Sorry, I'm not sure where you'd prefer to see a bug report or if this is already known, but it's here. Just a little thing, when the perspective first swaps from the first to the second character, scrolling back to see a previous line sent me back to the very beginning of the game. You've noted that using skip generously seems to cause problems, but I had not used or interacted with the skip key before this.

The history button doesn't seem to work, from the normal UI it seems to do nothing, and from the right-click UI it brings up a blank history and the scrollbar can't be interacted with.

Additionally, visiting this blank history page and returning to the in-game menu seems to disable the return key and I become unable to return to the game, though the main menu button still works, and loading a save seems to fix this.

I didn't test before, but after this, the skip key no longer skipped seen-text, or perhaps seen-text was no longer registered as seen, I'm not sure and didn't test anything else.

Hope this is at least a little useful, good luck.
Perfect, thank you for taking the time to test it out! I’ll make sure this goes in with the other bug reports, don’t worry.

Also sorry I should have put in known issues that the history menu flat out doesn’t exist yet, my fault. Getting stuck there is new though.:eek:

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Wait! You switch from Ren py to Unity? Would you kindly explain why you have that decision please, I thought Ren py work very well with your game so the change really surprise me

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
I have heard of going from unity to ren'py, but not from ren'py to unity.

Story Anon am curious, why the swtich?
Wait! You switch from Ren py to Unity? Would you kindly explain why you have that decision please, I thought Ren py work very well with your game so the change really surprise me
There is a full explanation in the Dev notes section of the OP.

tl;dr the animations, gameplay sections and android compatibility will all work far better on unity than Ren’py and we have the programming capabilities to make it work.

The ArcKnight

Donor
May 19, 2018
Start planning out your Harem battle team now!

The question is, who is going to have what abilities?
Vic will probably be a tank, she's too mother hen
Ashley I can see being a striker, maybe some rogue like abilities or magic.
Teresa has healer written all over her.

Now if only we could find out how many party slots we will have per battle....

The ArcKnight

Donor
May 19, 2018
Poor Snow....
Thats ALOT of animating/coding.

We talking about a front line/back line set up here? How Final we getting with this 80's Fantasy?

Much excite!

4.60 star(s) 228 Votes