Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
is it sandbox/freeroam?
uhhh kinda? Its like a points in the game you get a menu of locations to visit and they all add a little lore about the area and characters. But it makes it blatantly clear where you need to go in order to forward.
I really would not put it in the same category of so called sandboxes on this site that barely have any content. It's really nothing like that.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Look-see

Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
So i'm trying this game out and so far im stuck at chapter 2 trying to find vickie and leah, i have examined every location and tried to talk to anyone there, still can't find them. Bugged or i'm i dumb?
If you’re on the Ren’py version (and if this is your first play through, I hope you are) Go to the mall and visit the cafe.

is it sandbox/freeroam?
No.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
uhhh kinda? Its like a points in the game you get a menu of locations to visit and they all add a little lore about the area and characters. But it makes it blatantly clear where you need to go in order to forward.
this game is an emotional rollercoaster before i even play it.

great renders but originally had a no sexual content tag, then renpy switching to unity, then sandbox but apparantly its guided...ugh screw it i'll give it a shot :oops:

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
this game is an emotional rollercoaster before i even play it.

great renders but originally had a no sexual content tag, then renpy switching to unity, then sandbox but apparantly its guided...ugh screw it i'll give it a shot :oops:
Just give the Ren’py version a try. You’ll see this games not really easy to describe.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Look-see

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
People are jumping the gun, i believe that Unity can be better than Ren'py without a doubt, just wait for the stable version and you'll probably be proved wrong, if not you can complain, before that play the Ren'py as the dev suggested.

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
All this naysaying about unity, people forgetting that literally the 10th highest rated game on this site is unity (Love of Magic)

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
Just give the Ren’py version a try. You’ll see this games not really easy to describe.
Should probably mark the link as renpy as with the unity link....I had a slow moment and It took a while to realize all I had to do was click the other link. Been a rough day. :ROFLMAO:
Also I second the motion to add a reason for the switch to unity in the description. I really enjoyed that elaborate reveal sequence later in the game but it was obvious that the engine could not handle it.

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
People are jumping the gun, i believe that Unity can be better than Ren'py without a doubt, just wait for the stable version and you'll probably be proved wrong, if not you can complain, before that play the Ren'py as the dev suggested.
That’s the thing, if someone has played the Ren’py version, tries the Unity version and says “I don’t like X, Y and Z changes”, I can totally work with that. Those are the sort of functionality pain points we’re trying to identify so we can fix them.

When someone says “I’ve never played your game but X thing has completely ruined the game”, there’s nothing I can do but say “That sucks.”

Reactions: linkinn

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
I didn't see the tag before you mentioned, it kinda bothers me too, i used to love lesbians and them i started playing VNs and 9 of 10 there is a lesbian/couple LI.
Im just going to prune those tags since it just seems to send people into a frenzy and I do not want another 3 pages of “If the girls in your threesome kiss, it’s NTR” psychopathy.

• Sad
Reactions: linkinn

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
Im just going to prune those tags since it just seems to send people into a frenzy and I do not want another 3 pages of “If the girls in your threesome kiss, it’s NTR” psychopathy.
It's really not about the three letters word or anything like that for me, it's just because it's more common than Incest nowadays, don't change your game because of me or anyone, keep doing what you are doing because it's working.

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
It's really not about the three letters word or anything like that for me, it's just because it's more common than Incest nowadays, don't change your game because of me or anyone, keep doing what you are doing because it's working.
I’m not going to change anything about the game, but like I mentioned before I can’t do anything about “I haven’t played the game but yuri + harem tags have ruined this for me” comments or anything else like that, and I’d rather just avoid them entirely.

D

Deleted member 59977

I’m not going to change anything about the game, but like I mentioned before I can’t do anything about “I haven’t played the game but yuri + harem tags have ruined this for me” comments or anything else like that, and I’d rather just avoid them entirely.
Dont prune tags - you are deceiving people if you do that.

If people dont like them and your game has them, they can go play something else its not the end of the world if your game is not for some random person.

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Dont prune tags - you are deceiving people if you do that.

If people dont like them and your game has them, they can go play something else its not the end of the world if your game is not for some random person.
The yuri tag is there for future development, none of it is implemented yet and even then it’s only ever in the context of a three-(or more)-some.
As of now, all it’s done is cause more confusion and shitposting, not less.

Pattitto00

May 20, 2018
Went to the mall visited the cafe, talked with Alejandra, and after that i picked every place and nothing. I'm playing in unity

Reactions: Story Anon

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Went to the mall visited the cafe, talked with Alejandra, and after that i picked every place and nothing. I'm playing in unity
Noted, thank you. The flags for the cafe are being weird right now.

Kitsune241

Aug 25, 2017
The yuri tag is there for future development, none of it is implemented yet and even then it’s only ever in the context of a three-(or more)-some.
As of now, all it’s done is cause more confusion and shitposting, not less.
I also agree that you shouldn't prune tags as long as they're true, even if we're only just starting to see the beginning of it.

On one hand, with the harem + yuri tags: At the end of the day you do have two of the love interests in love with each other (or at least one in love with the other so far), and that might be a legit deal breaker to some people, which is perfectly fair. It just means that this is not the game for them, and it's right that they should be able to identify that up front (it's also right for them to just leave the thread without making a "I was going to play but..." comment).

On the other with the Unity hate: People are going to have dumb hangups about things and there's nothing you can really do about that. Honestly I'm amazing you've still been willing to reply to comments like that, personally I would have given up and just ignored them a while ago.

I don't think the two types of comments should be conflated, there's a difference between a rationalized dislike of certain story elements, and an irrational hate of a game engine.

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
TY for the fast answer, sadly I'm stuck and can't find Vickie and Leah. Game over I guess
The unity build is a public test build, if you want the full game in a working state give the 1.27 Ren’py version a try.

Reactions: Pattitto00
4.60 star(s) 228 Votes