Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Obviously in these situations where you port a game it's always good to have somebody that's comfortable working in the engine. But I get the uneasiness from people regarding the engine, as it's a low-entry, relatively easy to learn engine which in turn ends up with a lot of poorly optimized games.

Last I checked you get advanced diagnostics/debugging tools if you have a subscription to Unity, for most people just making a simple game they are less likely to go for any of the paid options which makes it more likely to have a buggy/poor optimized game which people run into.

Unity is easier to learn than Unreal Engine, but of course if you are amidst of making a game and doing a port it's best to have somebody that knows their way around the engine.

Any team with high level coders is going to find their way around any engine and then it just comes down to personal preference and possibly budget.

But as I said Genshin Impact positively surprised me, I was about to tell somebody "Unity Engine is shit, just look at these buggy poorly optimized games" like 6 months ago and then when I opened up the Unity Games list and spotted Genshin Impact on there I was flabbergasted and didn't post my reply haha.
Like I said before, most erotic Unity games are low effort messes made by dumbies.

I won’t ask you to believe I’m not a dumbie, but I hope you can see this project is anything but low effort.

• Haha
Reactions: Jsd16 and Laziness

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
But as I said Genshin Impact positively surprised me, I was about to tell somebody "Unity Engine is shit, just look at these buggy poorly optimized games" like 6 months ago and then when I opened up the Unity Games list and spotted Genshin Impact on there I was flabbergasted and didn't post my reply haha.
Wasteland 3 I believe, and Empire of Sin surely was the latest Unity games I played with. There it worked, and I have no problem with the engine when it comes from seasoned professionals. When it comes to adult games though, yeah, I'm going to avoid it like a plague.

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Yeah this game was on my list but if its going purely unity then I'll just remove it outright. Unity is just slightly above RPGM when it comes to these kinda games. Shame because this looked pretty good previously.

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Where did I say you are? lol. You do realize I was generally speaking about games made in Unity-engine and not Out Of Touch?

I haven't even loaded your Unity-iteration of the game yet, so why would I make a judgement of it when I haven't tried it yet?
But even if I did try it and it wasn't a good experience, I do realize it's currently in development so I wouldn't make any harsh comments on it.
Lol sorry I was making a self-deprecating joke, you're totally fine. :p

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Yeah this game was on my list but if its going purely unity then I'll just remove it outright. Unity is just slightly above RPGM when it comes to these kinda games. Shame because this looked pretty good previously.
Can't help you dude.

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Should probably slap a unity tag rather than or in addition to Renpy on it so as not to continue the deception.
The Ren'py version is still the main version.

All the renders are done in Koikatsu, the only thing that will be changing is the back end that displays those renders. I think getting upset about something like that is a bit premature, especially if you haven't even played the original version either.

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
Unity is wayyy above RPGM, even more if the programmer is good.

Timestamps is made on Unity i think and as far as i remember it's pretty good

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Wait...switching TO unity? Ew. Hope this is better than every other unity game on here but I'm not holding my breath. Renpy just plays so much better 99% of the time. Oh well
Like I’ve said for the past few months, we have an actual programmer on our team and Ren’py couldn’t handle the animations well enough.

Overall performance will be improving, not degrading.

Reactions: linkinn

YoloCrayolo21

Dec 31, 2017
I really liked the game so I will continue playing it even though I'm not that fond of Unity for VNs, there's some good examples of Unity VNs tho, like Timestamps so hopefully it joins that group, but is there any particular reason to make the switch? Usually is the other way around

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
I really liked the game so I will continue playing it even though I'm not that fond of Unity for VNs, there's some good examples of Unity VNs tho, like Timestamps so hopefully it joins that group, but is there any particular reason to make the switch? Usually is the other way around
Yes if you’ve played Ch15, Ren’py can barely handle segments like that. Unity will allow us to make those sections far, far better and more easily than in Ren’py.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
been a while since i looked at this game. i remember avoiding it cause of the no sexual content tag. but that's clearly not the case anymore.

im slightly worried about the unity switch. not just cause i avoid almost all unity games. but because this game seems good and sadly its not getting alot of attention. its at .8 and only 40 pages of comments? eh still give it a shot. but as soon as ppl see the Unity label most wont even give it a try.

that being said ima need to finally download this game and see whats crackin.

either way good luck dev.

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
Like I’ve said for the past few months, we have an actual programmer on our team and Ren’py couldn’t handle the animations well enough.

Overall performance will be improving, not degrading.
Idk, past dictates that usually isn't what happens. I'll give it a shot but just not holding out hope. Too bad because it was a good game too.

YoloCrayolo21

Dec 31, 2017
Yes if you’ve played Ch15, Ren’py can barely handle segments like that. Unity will allow us to make those sections far, far better and more easily than in Ren’py.
Oof yeah, that was annoying. I'm more positive in the change reading the comments but I encourage you to explain the switch in the Developer Notes, it would help a lot of people to understand why and hopefully reduce the ammount of questions you'd get on the thread

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Idk, past dictates that usually isn't what happens. I'll give it a shot but just not holding out hope. Too bad because it was a good game too.
I just can’t see what’s going on in your imagination to make you think the games dead because of the unity switch.
What exactly do you think is going to be different for the worse?

Oof yeah, that was annoying. I'm more positive in the change reading the comments but I encourage you to explain the switch in the Developer Notes, it would help a lot of people to understand why and hopefully reduce the ammount of questions you'd get on the thread
Yeah I think I need to add something to the dev notes. This isn’t us trying to use some shitty “build your own VN” package in Unity. Snow is our programmer and it’s his full time job. He’s doing this from scratch at a professional standard as his 9 to 5.

Reactions: YoloCrayolo21

VroX

Dec 17, 2017
So i'm trying this game out and so far im stuck at chapter 2 trying to find vickie and leah, i have examined every location and tried to talk to anyone there, still can't find them. Bugged or i'm i dumb?

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
So i'm trying this game out and so far im stuck at chapter 2 trying to find vickie and leah, i have examined every location and tried to talk to anyone there, still can't find them. Bugged or i'm i dumb?
is it sandbox/freeroam?

4.60 star(s) 228 Votes