Kitsune241

Aug 25, 2017
Typo report... well it's more of a wrong word.
Typo.PNG
Chapter 19, at the cafe:
"How the hell else do you think I not have a hangover right now?" Makes Leah sound like a caveman.
Should probably be something like:
"How the hell else do you think I don't have a hangover right now?"
(Also, by the fact that spellcheck isn't yelling at me, I believe 'hangover' is one word)

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
Makes Leah sound like a caveman.
That's where you're wrong, it doesn't make her sound "like" a caveman. She is a caveman. Why do you think her family is so obsessed with making her act "proper" and trying to get the best in modern man for her to be with? It's so obvious; I see through your schemes, SA. Leah and her family are Neanderthals, blending in to modern society that's the true way she's "out of touch".

Better get your diving suits people, cos this lore is DEEP.

Reactions: TheBerserker

TheBerserker

May 7, 2018
That's where you're wrong, it doesn't make her sound "like" a caveman. She is a caveman. Why do you think her family is so obsessed with making her act "proper" and trying to get the best in modern man for her to be with? It's so obvious; I see through your schemes, SA. Leah and her family are Neanderthals, blending in to modern society that's the true way she's "out of touch".

Better get your diving suits people, cos this lore is DEEP.
Damn! And here I was thinking Dark Souls lore was deep! This is nothing compared to this game!

YaYa_UnTIN2

Misunderstood Thinker
Donor
Dec 19, 2017
Wait... YAYA, im curious. since this is a multi protag game, what game did you coded for Jamie?
Hey ElukiaTV,

Only CJ was changed (my choice) and was working out just fine, until the fight code in chapter 15 started, then the CJ replacement name did not work with the fight mechanics (hardcoded).

Don't read unless have played the game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Note - This will be my last post in this thread (I'm ignoring this dev's content now, good for him/her, the first on F95, and is my choice) I just wanted to respond to your question about the name change.

To Dev,

Last edited:

Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Hey guys, just a quick Monday update:

We're trying to get the Unity build of all existing content out by Friday (At least Volume 1). After that, we're back on our normal release schedule.

Chapter 20 is basically finished and is in Unity already, I'm thinking about doing a standalone release of it tonight or tomorrow if anyone wants to get their story fix while waiting for the rest of the build to finish.

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
Honestly, I'd rather not waste the bandwidth on the one chapter if I'm going to be downloading the whole thing soon anyway.

Reactions: Story Anon

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Honestly, I'd rather not waste the bandwidth on the one chapter if I'm going to be downloading the whole thing soon anyway.
Actually speaking of downloads, I think we've figured out an interim solution for having to download 2+ gigs every update:
Now that we have asset bundles working, I can have a separate mega folder that has each chapter downloadable separately. You'll still be able to carry your saves over and activate flags/whatever, each new chapter will just be it's own executable.

And of course the main build will always be up to date and available if you prefer the whole package.

It's not an ideal solution but unless this project ends up with Harem Hotel level funding, a hosted patcher is probably too expensive for now.

weissbrot

May 27, 2018
Okay, anyone who wants to play the Ch20 standalone here it is:

MEGA
Thank you! I have only one thing to say...

There were a handful of spelling/grammar/formatting errors, but I assume that is due to this being an early build. I'll happily offer my help but surely you got that covered, all this has been impeccable up to here.

Still can't put in words how much I appreciate this story. I'm deeply in love with every single character. So well done!

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Thank you! I have only one thing to say...

There were a handful of spelling/grammar/formatting errors, but I assume that is due to this being an early build. I'll happily offer my help but surely you got that covered, all this has been impeccable up to here.

Still can't put in words how much I appreciate this story. I'm deeply in love with every single character. So well done!
Thank you!

Yeah there's some really stupid mistakes in there on my part, I have a dedicated bug fix channel on my discord where you can put anything you find!

Pudthumper

Nov 20, 2017
Because they can't even fathom the idea of playing a game where they specifically aren't the protag.
So obviously since you wrote it you must have used your own name, and you're refusing to change it because you're so self centered that you're making yourself the protag of everyone's playthrough. /s

As someone who's ended up here from playing a bunch of JP-VNs, I'm similarly baffled by how obsessed with naming the protag some people are (this isn't the first time I've seen someone drop a game over it). Cause it's just not a thing in most JP games I've played.
I have only ever used my name once for a character in a game, and that was because the MC was already named David. Lol

Reactions: ElukiaTV

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
It's always a gamble with chosen names, then the main character ends up sharing names with his mortal enemy.

Kitsune241

Aug 25, 2017
It's always a gamble with chosen names, then the main character ends up sharing names with his mortal enemy.
While not with a mortal enemy, I've had the MC accidentally sharing a name with one of the heroines in another game. It was slightly confusing and very awkward, and the game (at least at the time) had no way to rename the MC so I ended up having to restart the entire thing.

Reactions: Laziness
4.60 star(s) 228 Votes