May 30, 2017
Hey, Story Anon, you think it'd be possible to do small updates chapter to chapter in future? 2 gigs+ for each chapter is quite the data usage for those of us under caps. I mean, you update pretty frequently, so it definitely adds up.

Thanks bud

TheBerserker

May 7, 2018
Not wanting combat or free roam is fair enough, people like different things, but why is Unity the thing that breaks the game for you? It'll be the exact same experience just running on a different backend, what you see of the game shouldn't change at all (other than animations actually running smoothly).
I see a lot of undeserved hate for Unity, it's a perfectly fine engine that people can make good games with, it just has a really low barrier to entry which means shitty devs can also make shitty things with it.
I think the problem is that a lot of Unity games are optimised like s***, so when someone says they're switching to Unity, it's understandable to be scared of the results.
But seeing how well the game worked until now and how dedicated the devs are, I believe that it'll be fine.
I'm just curious about the Android version.
Does Unity work well on phones? I'm not really familiar with that sort of stuffs.

Reactions: Story Anon

ANTagonist

May 27, 2017
Having finished the update I have the commend the devs.
I thought it was gonna be god awful, instead I got a wholesome story that honestly hit close to home a few times before the wild ride began for real.
Can't wait for more; its gonna be great and I'm sure it can only improve from here.

Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Hey, Story Anon, you think it'd be possible to do small updates chapter to chapter in future? 2 gigs+ for each chapter is quite the data usage for those of us under caps. I mean, you update pretty frequently, so it definitely adds up.

Thanks bud
Yes this is definitely part of the functionality we want from the new engine. Once we have the game working in unity asset bundles (which appears to be a necessity for the android port anyway) we'll be able to push out update patches for the game along with each new build.

It's not a soon soon thing but it's certainly on our list of functionality goals. In the meantime, the thread gets compressors coming in a few days after each update that can at least make the new downloads less painful.

I think the problem is that a lot of Unity games are optimised like s***, so when someone says they're switching to Unity, it's understandable to be scared of the results.
But seeing how well the game worked until now and how dedicated the devs are, I believe that it'll be fine.
Yes I touched on this previously: Ren'py is made so even the most amateurish writer can make a VN with basically zero coding knowledge.

Unity says it can do the same but in reality it's not great if you aren't able to code in C# or some other real language.

This coupled with the Unity asset store leads to a large number of terribly coded, unoptimized asset flip games that rightfully deserve their bad reputation.

However, if you do have a solid coding base Unity is just a nice back end, especially in my case where I'm not using it to render anything except the UI.

I'm just curious about the Android version.
Does Unity work well on phones? I'm not really familiar with that sort of stuffs.
Yes, Genshin Impact runs on Unity for example.

The main issue with getting the game to run on phones (beyond just UI problems) is working with the limited amount of RAM available. Typically for a VN this isn't an issue as most VNs are small enough that you can load the entire thing in RAM and be fine.

OoT will likely be getting a little too big for that (We're at 2gb uncompressed and 700mb compressed and we're not even 1/5th of the way through the game yet), so we're going to end up programming it to load in pieces like a real game.

It's really just future proofing the codebase at this point.

Having finished the update I have the commend the devs.
I thought it was gonna be god awful, instead I got a wholesome story that honestly hit close to home a few times before the wild ride began for real.
Can't wait for more; its gonna be great and I'm sure it can only improve from here.
Really glad you enjoyed it!

I've really struggled to come up with an appropriate elevator pitch/synopsis of Out of Touch and "This is the single worst premise for a VN ever" may be my new one because it's so true :Kappa:.

TheBerserker

May 7, 2018
A phone with 6GB of RAM should be enough, right?
By the way, I know it's a bit early to ask about that, since the game is far from being finished, but do you intend to translate your game into other languages?
If that's the case, I would gladly help with that.

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
A phone with 6GB of RAM should be enough, right?
By the way, I know it's a bit early to ask about that, since the game is far from being finished, but do you intend to translate your game in other languages?
If that's the case, I would gladly help with that.
Yes 6gb of RAM should be plenty

I am absolutely interested in translating the game. We have a preliminary Spanish translation in progress and I'd love to get it into other languages soon after.

FookU2

Engaged Member
Jan 23, 2018
We get a hand-holding tag, but can't have a m2f tag? lmao (sorry. I'm drunk, bored, and baffled. :) )

Fulmdiddy10

Apr 21, 2019
I'm a little confused, are there H-scenes? Other than the part at the beginning where Vic literally rapes CJ, which was very softcore. I really like the game so far, just started it yesterday, just wondering what I'm in for. Hate Vic so far because she raped dude, gets him thrown out of the literal country, then is like, nah fuck you for existing.

Last edited:

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
I'm a little confused, are there H-scenes? Other than the part at the beginning where Vic literally rapes CJ, which was very softcore. I really like the game so far, just started it yesterday, just wondering what I'm in for. Hate Vic so far because she raped dude, gets him thrown out of the literal country, then is like, nah fuck you for existing.
Yes there are h-scenes and the first real one is around 7 hours in.

Kitsune241

Aug 25, 2017
So I was looking through Story Anon's pixiv (some nice bonus stuff there, would recommend), and now I have to know;
Any chance of twin-tailed Leah showing up in the game? Cause she rocks it.

It also helped me put into words something that's been bugging me, maybe I'm just being harsh on her cause she's my favorite on the personality side so far, but Leah's design is really plain compared to everyone else. (Other than Jamie, but her being plain is kinda the point.)
Everyone else has at least two accessories or otherwise distinctive features (like Ashley's heterochromia) but Leah just has a bit of eye-shadow. Seeing her with the more distinctive hair style, earrings, and sunglasses really made it apparent how little there is going on with her design currently. Maybe that's intentional, like she can't wear anything that would stand out cause her parents wouldn't approve, but that just makes me think she'd do it behind their backs.
Either way, it was bugging me, so I just wanted to vent.

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
So I was looking through Story Anon's pixiv (some nice bonus stuff there, would recommend), and now I have to know;
Any chance of twin-tailed Leah showing up in the game? Cause she rocks it.

It also helped me put into words something that's been bugging me, maybe I'm just being harsh on her cause she's my favorite on the personality side so far, but Leah's design is really plain compared to everyone else. (Other than Jamie, but her being plain is kinda the point.)
Everyone else has at least two accessories or otherwise distinctive features (like Ashley's heterochromia) but Leah just has a bit of eye-shadow. Seeing her with the more distinctive hair style, earrings, and sunglasses really made it apparent how little there is going on with her design currently. Maybe that's intentional, like she can't wear anything that would stand out cause her parents wouldn't approve, but that just makes me think she'd do it behind their backs.
Either way, it was bugging me, so I just wanted to vent.
I want to put that very side story in the game as some random memory, so yes twin tail Leah will definitely appear.

As far as her design goes, she either clicks or she doesn't. She's the only one I've had multiple people offer me money for her card :LUL:

But yes, she has a very preened normal design for exactly the reasons you described. Victoria is the one who goes accessory crazy, Leah would join her in a heartbeat if when her "conditioning" broke down.

During her arc you'll see quite a few different sides of her, both in looks and personality.

Reactions: Kitsune241

Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
I hope she doesn't go the "I want to make a change, so I'm gonna chop off my hair" route that's so commonplace.

combige

Jun 30, 2017
After being sent away by his mother due to a terrible misunderstanding involving his closest friend, our protagonist CJ returns years later...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway even though I'm not a great fan of Koikatsu CG style I think I'm gonna watch this and will visit this place again.

4.60 star(s) 228 Votes