Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Tip - Maybe every dev could say in their - Dev Notes - that players won't have the option to change the MC name, so players like myself (that care about MC name changing) can save our time and bandwidth, just a thought.
No believe it or not, I haven't, and never will again think once about the self-insert fetish people.

Reactions: ElukiaTV

Nobodyinparticular

Aug 15, 2018
No believe it or not, I haven't, and never will again think once about the self-insert fetish people.
I can see an argument for "choice for the sake of choice" but also it feels pretty pointless in most games. also when the main character actually has a personality instead of being a faceless blank slate proxy for the player re-naming him would be kinda weird. also when there's actual plot weight behind the character's name it's pretty much locked in by default.

Reactions: Story Anon

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
I can see an argument for "choice for the sake of choice" but also it feels pretty pointless in most games. also when the main character actually has a personality instead of being a faceless blank slate proxy for the player re-naming him would be kinda weird. also when there's actual plot weight behind the character's name it's pretty much locked in by default.
You've pretty much nailed it.
CJ is a character as much as any of the girls and you see within 30 minutes that his name is absolutely plot relevant.

If you've played Ch19, you've probably started to get the idea that names (both given and nicknames) are an important theme in this series.

Reactions: m3lee

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
Not to mention we spend a lot of this game from other characters' perspective.
CJ isn't exactly the centre of the universe, at least not as much as other protags may be.

YaYa_UnTIN2

Misunderstood Thinker
Donor
Dec 19, 2017
Wow, you must have taken my post as personally hostile towards yourself, because that is how I'm am taking your reply.

So wanting to name a MC in a "game" is a fetish now (if so, I though there wasn't suppose to be any kink shamming on F95), whatever.

Dev said - "name is absolutely plot relevant".

Don't read spoiler if you haven't played the game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Good luck anyway, hope you make a million dollars CJ.

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Wow, you must have taken my post as personally hostile towards yourself, because that is how I'm am taking your reply.
On the contrary, I recognize that this means a lot to you for some really strange reason and found it baffling enough to respond to.

Good luck anyway, hope you make a million dollars CJ.
I cannot imagine the thought process required to assume I won't make the main characters name customizable because it's actually my name.

Kitsune241

Aug 25, 2017
I cannot imagine the thought process required to assume I won't make the main characters name customizable because it's actually my name.
Because they can't even fathom the idea of playing a game where they specifically aren't the protag.
So obviously since you wrote it you must have used your own name, and you're refusing to change it because you're so self centered that you're making yourself the protag of everyone's playthrough. /s

As someone who's ended up here from playing a bunch of JP-VNs, I'm similarly baffled by how obsessed with naming the protag some people are (this isn't the first time I've seen someone drop a game over it). Cause it's just not a thing in most JP games I've played.

YaYa_UnTIN2

Misunderstood Thinker
Donor
Dec 19, 2017
Sorry dev, I did not mean to cause a verbal war of wills with a narcissus Dev, about the name change non-option, but by the way you respond, I am not wanted as a player of your game.

I'm in America, so I still say what I think about everything - good or bad, don't like honesty from players, you go girl, you be you and I'll stay the fuck away from your content. Your welcome.

Peace

Last edited:
Reactions: Jo Stizzy

Nobodyinparticular

Aug 15, 2018
Sorry dev, I did not mean to cause a verbal war of wills with a narcissus, about the name change non-option, but by the way you respond, I am not wanted as a player of your game.
there's something deeply ironic about someone accusing someone else of being a narcissist (that's the actual word for the personality disorder. narcissus is the mythical basis for that term) because they didn't let you put your own name into the power fantasy game.

personally I deeply appreciate the actual character MC, it's really refreshing to have a protagonist that doesn't amount to a cardboard cut-out and a cheap dildo for the real characters to inexplicably fall in love with despite the fact that they basically just exist. (I've played a lot of cheap Ren'py VNs, the plywood protagonist is a very common problem, but at least you can write your name on them I guess)

Reactions: Kitsune241

ElukiaTV

Mar 11, 2019
Wait... YAYA, im curious. since this is a multi protag game, what game did you coded for Jamie?

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
Download android v1.27 APK
P/s: Request Link Android Game at my

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
are we getting an update today, SA? it's almost midnight here :p
Sorry no update this week, I'm still slogging through the script conversions for the Unity update and just want to get them all done so I never have to do this crap ever again.

Next week though, I may have something interesting to show. It'll most likely be later that week though, not Monday.

As compensation though, here's Ashley's March gravure set:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

alutarox

Nov 15, 2017
Sorry no update this week, I'm still slogging through the script conversions for the Unity update and just want to get them all done so I never have to do this crap ever again.

Next week though, I may have something interesting to show. It'll most likely be later that week though, not Monday.
Thanks for the heads up. Might want to announce these things if you know in advance so people (me) can suppress their anticipation :)

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Thanks for the heads up. Might want to announce these things if you know in advance so people (me) can suppress their anticipation :)
Sorry, I put something up on Discord but neglected this thread. My bad :cry:

4.60 star(s) 228 Votes