I_Love_Latex

Mar 17, 2018
So I get to the end of Chapter 17 and it kicks me back to the Main Menu? I had a search and couldn't see this listed as an issue, is it just me?

Dear god, I am not having a good day. Turns out I was playing an earlier version all along. The moron is strong in me today., some more self flagellation is in order methinks.

Anyone have a save from the start of Chapter 18 lying about, it was the blinking Renpy version I was playing for crying out loud............

Last edited:

Kitsune241

Aug 25, 2017
Dear god, I am not having a good day. Turns out I was playing an earlier version all along. The moron is strong in me today., some more self flagellation is in order methinks.

Anyone have a save from the start of Chapter 18 lying about, it was the blinking Renpy version I was playing for crying out loud............
How did you even end up with the Ren'Py version, it's not even in the downloads any more?

This should be the correct save, unzip it and place it in "\AppData\LocalLow\Lightning Rooster Prouctions\OoT"
It'll show up on page 4 of the saves, since I've been keeping a save at the beginning of each chapter.

I_Love_Latex

Mar 17, 2018
How did you even end up with the Ren'Py version, it's not even in the downloads any more?

This should be the correct save, unzip it and place it in "\AppData\LocalLow\Lightning Rooster Prouctions\OoT"
I have a few hundred GB of games, I had obviously downloaded the game a long time ago and never played it (what a fool I was!) but kept it in my library. I downloaded the new version but opened the bloody old one instead ( I may have had some wine to be fair).

Thank you very much, I have been skipping like kangaroo on speed but your save should save me another 10 or 15 minutes :D

FunkyD

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2017
I just started playing the game today and would like to ask if there's a way to change the resolution of the game, and if there isn't, is there any plan to have such function in the future?

Also, does the camera angle always change with each line of dialogue? Or is it just like that in the beginning? Because I'm only like 5 minutes in, and i already have a headache due to the often jumps in camera angles o_O I would love to know because if it's like that only at the start then i might just power thru it, but if the camera angles change that often in the entirety of the game then i might have to unfortunately drop this one...

EDIT:
Ok i was really about to drop this game but then i think i figured out what was causing my discomfort... It was the bloody fade transition. Turns out, that if i just hold the ctrl key so that the transition gets skipped, the game would feel soooo much better! At first i thought it was the constant change in camera angles that was making my eyeballs hurt, but it really was just the fade transition. Once i hold the ctrl key down, i didn't find the camera angles awkward anymore. So i might just continue on doing that :WeSmart:

Last edited:

Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
I just started playing the game today and would like to ask if there's a way to change the resolution of the game, and if there isn't, is there any plan to have such function in the future?
Yes we're adding in dynamic screen resizing this month, we've just been focused on the Android side of things which has been taking up time.

Also, does the camera angle always change with each line of dialogue? Or is it just like that in the beginning? Because I'm only like 5 minutes in, and i already have a headache due to the often jumps in camera angles o_O I would love to know because if it's like that only at the start then i might just power thru it, but if the camera angles change that often in the entirety of the game then i might have to unfortunately drop this one...
The whole game is shot like a television show, so if it's an issue you shouldn't force yourself through it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: FunkyD

FunkyD

Game Developer
Nov 8, 2017
Yes we're adding in dynamic screen resizing this month, we've just been focused on the Android side of things which has been taking up time.

The whole game is shot like a television show, so if it's an issue you shouldn't force yourself through it.
Oh hey! Didn't know the dev themselves would reply to me :oops: Thank you for answering my questions! I was making an edit on my previous message as you replied, but i already found out what was causing my discomfort and it was the fade transition to each scene. Since the camera angle changes so much, having the scene transition fade every time, makes my experience uncomfortable. I find that holding down the ctrl key was a good solution since it skips the transition, and my experience since then has been better. Thank you for taking your time answering my question though! I appreciate it very much :D i'am still at the beginning of the game so far and i'm looking forward to playing more!

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Oh hey! Didn't know the dev themselves would reply to me :oops: Thank you for answering my questions! I was making an edit on my previous message as you replied, but i already found out what was causing my discomfort and it was the fade transition to each scene. Since the camera angle changes so much, having the scene transition fade every time, makes my experience uncomfortable. I find that holding down the ctrl key was a good solution since it skips the transition, and my experience since then has been better. Thank you for taking your time answering my question though! I appreciate it very much :D i'am still at the beginning of the game so far and i'm looking forward to playing more!
No problem, if you'd like you can go into the options and turn off transitions as well so you can still click/use space bar.

Hope it's a little more enjoyable now!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Savec and FunkyD

I_Love_Latex

Mar 17, 2018
Hey Story Anon, absolute belter of a game, review has been left and if StencilBits doesn't get get his finger out and release the latest update to OffCuts within the next few weeks you are getting his sub.

I'm actually glad I forgot I had downloaded an earlier release of this game, I have thoroughly enjoyed the hours I have spent on this now it is further fleshed out.

Keep up the good work dude!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Story Anon

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Hey Story Anon, absolute belter of a game, review has been left and if StencilBits doesn't get get his finger out and release the latest update to OffCuts within the next few weeks you are getting his sub.

I'm actually glad I forgot I had downloaded an earlier release of this game, I have thoroughly enjoyed the hours I have spent on this now it is further fleshed out.

Keep up the good work dude!
Thank you! That was a very kind review!

There’ll be a new content update for OoT out next week and we’re on a two week update schedule now, so hopefully we can make any potential sub well worth the money!

tiurcer

Nov 27, 2018
Hey StoryAnon, I have a quick question on the side quests; are they going to be missable as in you have to do the side quests at a certain point before each main story event? Or will they be auto triggered at different locations at any point once you’ve gotten to a certain point in the story?

Reactions: Story Anon

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Hey StoryAnon, I have a quick question on the side quests; are they going to be missable as in you have to do the side quests at a certain point before each main story event? Or will they be auto triggered at different locations at any point once you’ve gotten to a certain point in the story?
For the most part, none of them should be missable. With only a few exceptions, you'll be able to go back and do them at any open world segment in the future.

They'll also have their own dedicated buttons on each area's menu so they'll be very obvious (Again, with certain exceptions).

It may end up being a little weird since, for example, in Ch90 you'll be able to go back and do the first Side Arc story for Leah if you've never done it and hear her complain about her prearranged marriage, but at the moment I'd rather have little oddities like that than make the player stress out about having to do side content now or forever miss out.

4.60 star(s) 228 Votes