Samknowsall

Jan 12, 2021
Lol, holding music in new chapter? Love it. Great update and work as always. Have two questions:

1) Will we have a bag/inventory in the future to keep track of motes of pride we collect? That way incase we dont get as many buffs from these motes as we are suppose to we can let y'all know.

2) Anything we can do to fix the date/time on our save files? All my save files are labeled 1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM

Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Lol, holding music in new chapter? Love it. Great update and work as always. Have two questions:

1) Will we have a bag/inventory in the future to keep track of motes of pride we collect? That way incase we dont get as many buffs from these motes as we are suppose to we can let y'all know.

2) Anything we can do to fix the date/time on our save files? All my save files are labeled 1/1/0001 12:00:00 AM
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it!

1) Absolutely. I just didn't want to put it in until there's something meaningful to spend Motes on. Most of them will be combat abilities or upgrades for CJ with maybe a few easter eggs or fun things you can get too, but until we have the new combat system in there isn't much of a point to buying upgrades yet.

2) I just asked our lead programmer and he says we can definitely fix it but it'll be slightly more effort to do than he previously thought, but he's balls deep in trying to get an Android prototype out for dev testing. We might just disable the broken dates until he fixes it in the next Quality of Life pass he does.

Reactions: jxd

Musicfruit

Oct 8, 2017
Just started the game, still chapter 1 and I like it so far and got a really got feeling that it will become really good, but des CJ gets a bit less thundercock? I really can't stand him.. Vickies reaction really fits.

I also got quite mixed feelings about his father. I kinda hate it, but it reminds me so much at Cas van de Pols 'The Ultimate "The Lion King" Recap Cartoon' where Mufasa in the sky just says Simba.

Leo D. Marstone

Nov 2, 2017
Saw the Game in my newsfeed because it got an update. Glanced at the thread and read through the introduction and came here to comment how well done the models and presentation is. Now reading through the last page and the game has combat now?.....real time combat xD

So basically you extract the 3D models from koikatsu so you can rigg and animate them them in unity? That....does sound like a lot and (sry) unnecessary work. But I am intrigued nonetheless.
Will give the game a go this weekend.

aloxtheking

May 30, 2018
There are over 100 new renders solely for h-scenes in this update, but it is first and foremost a narrative story.

The version number is what Volume the game is on. Currently we’re a little over halfway through Volume 2. Volume 1 is complete, thus the 1.
that version numbering doesnt make sense, just say chapter 1 complete like other projects here

Kitsune241

Aug 25, 2017
Now reading through the last page and the game has combat now?.....real time combat xD
Turn based combat, it's just being rendered in real time, as opposed to having ten thousand different video files which was what it was doing before.

that version numbering doesnt make sense, just say chapter 1 complete like other projects here
Version numbering has no standard, every dev does it differently, you're just trying to read into something that means nothing.

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Saw the Game in my newsfeed because it got an update. Glanced at the thread and read through the introduction and came here to comment how well done the models and presentation is. Now reading through the last page and the game has combat now?.....real time combat xD

So basically you extract the 3D models from koikatsu so you can rigg and animate them them in unity? That....does sound like a lot and (sry) unnecessary work. But I am intrigued nonetheless.
Will give the game a go this weekend.
Thank you, hope you enjoy it!

That is the plan yes. With a game as long as ours is planned to be, depending on webms would make our final product either very low on actual gameplay or would make it 100gb. Since we have the expertise to just do the animations in Blender rather than in Koikatsu itself, we decided to go for the ambitious route.

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Just started the game, still chapter 1 and I like it so far and got a really got feeling that it will become really good, but des CJ gets a bit less thundercock? I really can't stand him.. Vickies reaction really fits.

I also got quite mixed feelings about his father. I kinda hate it, but it reminds me so much at Cas van de Pols 'The Ultimate "The Lion King" Recap Cartoon' where Mufasa in the sky just says Simba.
It would be a huge spoiler to go into any detail, but suffice it to say that CJ's character changes drastically over the course of this game.

Samknowsall

Jan 12, 2021
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it!

1) Absolutely. I just didn't want to put it in until there's something meaningful to spend Motes on. Most of them will be combat abilities or upgrades for CJ with maybe a few easter eggs or fun things you can get too, but until we have the new combat system in there isn't much of a point to buying upgrades yet.

2) I just asked our lead programmer and he says we can definitely fix it but it'll be slightly more effort to do than he previously thought, but he's balls deep in trying to get an Android prototype out for dev testing. We might just disable the broken dates until he fixes it in the next Quality of Life pass he does.
Ok thanks for reply. The save date isn't really a big issue, more of an annoyance. Fix it whenever you guys have the spare time. Looking forward to next update!

Reactions: Story Anon
4.60 star(s) 228 Votes