lancecomwar

Oct 5, 2017
Just played a half hour only to find out I wasn't on chapter 1 yet.

Out of a planned 100 and an existing 25.

I mean, the quality was excellent so far (even if I do wish I could get to the promised gameplay faster... I believe that's chapter 15?) but like... how long is this game at the moment XD

Reactions: Story Anon

Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Just played a half hour only to find out I wasn't on chapter 1 yet.

Out of a planned 100 and an existing 25.

I mean, the quality was excellent so far (even if I do wish I could get to the promised gameplay faster... I believe that's chapter 15?) but like... how long is this game at the moment XD
The v1.62 update that came out yesterday has put the game at around 14-15 hours, give or take.

The gameplay in Ch15 is currently a proof of concept and a not-very-helpful tutorial, but it's very thematically necessary which is why it's still in the game while we work on getting our new animation system online.

aloxtheking

May 30, 2018
Turn based combat, it's just being rendered in real time, as opposed to having ten thousand different video files which was what it was doing before.

Version numbering has no standard, every dev does it differently, you're just trying to read into something that means nothing.
not really, it's pretty much the norm that the version 1.0 is the actually finished one and any extra numbers after that are just updates

Markosh_1973

Nov 29, 2020
I have unfortunately only now managed to finish enjoying 1.62...
Man, hardly started and I was already captivated by the story again and in another world!
Great is probably too little. I just love it!

However, one thing is straining my nerves am close to bursting:
Please Please Please with lots of sugar, after about 20 hours (my playtime) I wish Jamie would finally loosen her inhibitions and dare to take a few small steps towards CJ.... This feeling of eternal dancing around has been with me for the whole playtime and now I'm running out of tranquilizers o_O

And I feel totally sad that Sarah didn't dance...
I had wanted it so much for her!

Can't wait for the next update!

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Loving the japanese bgm and the cinematic camera angles. Definitely the best photographic direction i've seen in an illusion based VN.
Thank you, glad to hear you're enjoying it!

I have unfortunately only now managed to finish enjoying 1.62...
Man, hardly started and I was already captivated by the story again and in another world!
Great is probably too little. I just love it!

However, one thing is straining my nerves am close to bursting:
Please Please Please with lots of sugar, after about 20 hours (my playtime) I wish Jamie would finally loosen her inhibitions and dare to take a few small steps towards CJ.... This feeling of eternal dancing around has been with me for the whole playtime and now I'm running out of tranquilizers o_O

And I feel totally sad that Sarah didn't dance...
I had wanted it so much for her!

Can't wait for the next update!
It may be a little while before Jamie fully comes out of her shell, but you'll at least get her first side story in the next update.

Reactions: Markosh_1973

Xenura

Aug 1, 2018
So I played/read through everything there is so far, and I can say I am eager to see how this will develop. It surprised me in a positive way and even made me tear up a little in some places. Keep up the good work.

I can also second that statement about the BGM. Certainly "unusual", but I think it's quite boppin.

ElukiaTV

Mar 11, 2019
So I played/read through everything there is so far, and I can say I am eager to see how this will develop. It surprised me in a positive way and even made me tear up a little in some places. Keep up the good work.

I can also second that statement about the BGM. Certainly "unusual", but I think it's quite boppin.
Its okay man, they are happy tears.

And damn right about the BGM, and im sure in the future we will get more original tracks (Give Anon money).

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020

Thank you, really glad you enjoyed it!

buff

May 29, 2017
OK, so they implemented RenPy roll back and VN behavior in Unity, rather than just... use RenPy. Given that most of the heavy-lift scripting in both is typically done in Python, I am a little puzzled by this.... basically this is like a RenPy game except you can't arbitrarily resize the window, click through transitions, etc. I mean, sure, whatever, but kind of an odd choice.

Maybe when I get further into the game I'll see the unity engine used to do something that would have been a lot harder in RenPy, but given the visuals appear to be done in KK I'm a little curious as to how that would be.

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
OK, so they implemented RenPy roll back and VN behavior in Unity, rather than just... use RenPy. Given that most of the heavy-lift scripting in both is typically done in Python, I am a little puzzled by this.... basically this is like a RenPy game except you can't arbitrarily resize the window. I mean, sure, whatever, but kind of an interesting choice.

Maybe when I get further into the game I'll see the unity engine used to do something that would have been a lot harder in RenPy, but given the visuals appear to be done in KK I'm a little curious as to how that would be.
The game is going to have real time rendered combat sections featuring our own animations. If you'd like to know more about it, there's a section in the OP dedicated to why we're using Unity.

View attachment aineHeal-v1.mp4

View attachment aineAttack-v1.mp4

ElukiaTV

Mar 11, 2019
Don't know if you still care but this game supposedly solved the animation smoothness with renpy: https://f95zone.to/threads/ravager-v4-3-3-public-4minutewarning.26476/ check their changelog for v4.3.2
The problem is not that, the problem is that this would require all the fight's to have a lot of webm's with all the possible combat animations on Ren'py for every single enemy and group member variations, which would skyrocket the space required for the game. the Unity way, works like any other rpg, 3d models on a 3d space, and you can add any character you want.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
The problem is not that, the problem is that this would require all the fight's to have a lot of webm's with all the possible combat animations on Ren'py for every single enemy and group member variations, which would skyrocket the space required for the game. the Unity way, works like any other rpg, 3d models on a 3d space, and you can add any character you want.
Yeah it's cool it's just that OP mentioned the animation smoothness as the most major issue to me a few pages back so I was interested if he had a response to this.

buff

May 29, 2017
The game is going to have real time rendered combat sections featuring our own animations.
Ah, okay, that's a compelling argument. I'm only complete thru chapter 3 so I'm having trouble imagining how combat is going to fit in here, but then I sure as hell wasn't expecting Chad Thundercock either, and that scene worked surprisingly well.

I was shocked to see that ctrl-to-skip worked pretty well, as does rollback (except for the minor twist of not carrying over with the save file). You guys definitely put some effort into reimplementing a lot of RenPy. I was half-expecting to find an actual renpy engine in there when I poked around in the .app. Anyway, nice work.

Enjoying the game so far! Some good feels already.

• Red Heart

StJesuz

Donor
Jan 17, 2018
I played through up to the first combat sequence and I'm really liking the story. Fantastic writing and art direction, really outstanding. Excellent scenes that really have a graphic novel feel, throwing in some interactivity with the traveling scenes keeps me engaged. Something about going back to childhood friends speaks to me, maybe a lot of us wish we could.

I did run into a glitch, I didn't quite figure out how to beat the combat and Sara was reduced to 0 health. Then one more turn passed and the interface went away. I couldn't do anything but watch the idle animations. I would have expected a "game over" or "try that again and here's a hint for you, dummy". In my defense I was close to figuring it out.

Sadly I hadn't saved since chapter 4. An autosave feature would be most welcome, maybe just one or two slots, being overwritten at the beginning of new chapters. I'm just used to having that feature, I've grown a bit lazy about saving.

I'll be watching, congrats on the game so far.

TadStrange

Sep 16, 2019
I played through up to the first combat sequence and I'm really liking the story. Fantastic writing and art direction, really outstanding. Excellent scenes that really have a graphic novel feel, throwing in some interactivity with the traveling scenes keeps me engaged. Something about going back to childhood friends speaks to me, maybe a lot of us wish we could.

I did run into a glitch, I didn't quite figure out how to beat the combat and Sara was reduced to 0 health. Then one more turn passed and the interface went away. I couldn't do anything but watch the idle animations. I would have expected a "game over" or "try that again and here's a hint for you, dummy". In my defense I was close to figuring it out.

Sadly I hadn't saved since chapter 4. An autosave feature would be most welcome, maybe just one or two slots, being overwritten at the beginning of new chapters. I'm just used to having that feature, I've grown a bit lazy about saving.

Here ya go, Ch15 Save

Reactions: Xtmr61 and StJesuz

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020

Thank you, glad to hear you’re enjoying it!
Sorry about that bug, I’m on my phone otherwise I’d send you a save myself but I asked someone to post so you should be good to go soon.
Just put it in user/Appdata/LocalLow/Lightning rooster prouctions/OoT.

And to beat Cro, just give Aine 3 MP, heal the hostage and then punch Cro to keep her attention. Should take less than a minute.

Reactions: StJesuz
4.60 star(s) 228 Votes