Story Anon

You're out of touch, I'm out of time.
Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Tonal whiplash is a core theme of the game, tying into the Vaporwave aesthetic that's on the surface happy and cheerful but in reality makes you uncomfortable and on edge. Chad is clearly the most ridiculous occurrence of this, but he's setting the stage for how the rest of the game "feels".

Victoria feigning anger to hide her own insecurities is just...what women do.

Reactions: kristijanEX

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
out of curiosity why is gpu usage so high? after all the "we have a professional coder" talk it seems odd especially with no way to reduce it, its just a vn mostly early on but its peaking 90% gpu usage granted my gpu is old ish but for a "vn" it seems excessive for clicking pictures with words lol

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
out of curiosity why is gpu usage so high? after all the "we have a professional coder" talk it seems odd especially with no way to reduce it, its just a vn mostly early on but its peaking 90% gpu usage granted my gpu is old ish but for a "vn" it seems excessive for clicking pictures with words lol
It shouldn't be peaking any GPU unless you've cryptomined it into oblivion. I'm on a 970 and never get anywhere near that.

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Yeah just out of curiosity I went and booted OoT up on my old integrated graphics card laptop and it's running fine. Feel free to leave a bug report on our but this doesn't appear to be a problem with the game, which should be fairly obvious since no VN on the fucking planet should be using your GPU for anything.

ElukiaTV

Mar 11, 2019
Captura de pantalla 2021-11-27 052753.png
Whats your PC specs? i have a old AMD RX480 and i dont get past 14%
17% or so if i hold skip.

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
lol its a potato for what matters and the gpu is starting to die its an old navidea gt 730 lol but as soon as i started it it spiked high gpu usage compared to renpy or such, granted i know its a ME problem but it seemed strange so i was curious because my pc has started to hard crash when the gpu overheats its noticeable so i watched my task manager and only this was using it before the crash, granted im sad i cant play it currently but was surprised its using gpu more then cpu

its a selfish request but an option to use more cpu then gpu would be nice although i wont request it as im a leech >.> but would be a nice option for old pc users xD anyways seems like a great game so keep up the great work i just hate that i cant enjoy it as it is atm

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
lol its a potato for what matters and the gpu is starting to die its an old navidea gt 730 lol but as soon as i started it it spiked high gpu usage compared to renpy or such, granted i know its a ME problem but it seemed strange so i was curious because my pc has started to hard crash when the gpu overheats its noticeable so i watched my task manager and only this was using it before the crash, granted im sad i cant play it currently but was surprised its using gpu more then cpu
That's the thing though, it shouldn't really be using your GPU at all. It's just pictures and music being loaded into memory with a pretty simple UI slapped on top. Nothing in the game makes use of VRAM, it's designed to run on phones after all.

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
That's the thing though, it shouldn't really be using your GPU at all. It's just pictures and music being loaded into memory with a pretty simple UI slapped on top. Nothing in the game makes use of VRAM, it's designed to run on phones after all.
lol if i knew why my gpu was being used i wouldnt be here xD im a computer user but no pro i only know its using it lol but i dont got much to prove besides a screen shot or something proving its being used lol anyways just ignore me i guess hell if i know why im the only one dealing with this

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
lol if i knew why my gpu was being used i wouldnt be here xD im a computer user but no pro i only know its using it lol but i dont got much to prove besides a screen shot or something proving its being used lol anyways just ignore me i guess hell if i know why im the only one dealing with this
That's why I was saying it could be damage from legitimate overuse, your GPU really could just be dying.

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
That's why I was saying it could be damage from legitimate overuse, your GPU really could just be dying.
yeah cant argue over use lol went from Skyrim with 100 some mods and dragon age games and such to only being able to use renpy and such these days at any rate sorry for disturbing you, was just surprised with all the high reviews i was a little eager to try this with no ability lol like i said though keep up the good work others seem to love it regardless of my situation atm

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
yeah cant argue over use lol went from Skyrim with 100 some mods and dragon age games and such to only being able to use renpy and such these days at any rate sorry for disturbing you, was just surprised with all the high reviews i was a little eager to try this with no ability lol like i said though keep up the good work others seem to love it regardless of my situation atm
Thank you. I hope if you ever get it sorted out, you can give it a try.

Reactions: kajidiablo

kajidiablo

Apr 8, 2018
ah it might not mean much but i gave it a like on the page itself to help with popularity i do hope you get success it may be a pirate site but its free publicity and some people will actually donate im sure you know already though :)

Vizer007

Oct 15, 2019
This game got quite a weight, is it possible to just get an update in the future? Downloading 3Gbs every update instead of ~200mbs...Or is it a no go for unity?

Reactions: Story Anon

Story Anon

Game Developer
May 4, 2020
Yeah the game size is why I keep having to regretfully skip updates despite this game being one of my favorites. Damn low-data caps...
Most compressors here won't touch Unity games anymore, either.
I'm flying home tomorrow, if you have Ch26 I can make a Ch26->27 patch easily enough if you'd like tomorrow evening when I get back.

:love: This is the most beautiful thing I've ever read :love:

:illuminati: Story Anon you are my new god :illuminati:
Thank you, I just hope you don't mind drama. It ain't quite MNF :Kappa:

4.60 star(s) 228 Votes