nerogaf

Aug 23, 2019
Patreon post:

Content
Hello O:G fans! It's been awhile since Juno adventure came to an end! I've received so many messages from players who finished the game telling me how much they liked it and how they hope we'll return to Juno somehow even though the game is complete! ... Well! have I got good news for you!

Overgrown: Genesis has been updated from 1.00 to 1.01, featuring our promised endgame content! Available here:

VERSION 1.01.1:
DOWNLOAD LINK (WINDOWS)

These form the first part of our final edition updates for Overgrown: Genesis, following the end of which we will, sadly, close development on O:G for good. But all good things must come to an end, and we hope these final edition updates will fully polish up the game and bring the closure and additions that players wished for! We tried to cater to everyone and everything within reason, and hope that shines through!

The plan is as follows:

CURRENT -> 1.01 - Endgame content for the 'base girls' (Natasha + Rebecca, Sofia, and Cassie). Code and plugins total overhaul, mainly fixing and final upgrades to our real-time ABS (Action Battle System). Tweaked the "dark" maps (ie. Cold Pines) in terms of difficulty, general layout, and, well, darkness (more light sources, reduced tint).

1.02 - Scene with Eva Hawke (Ending E). Scene with Zara x Dryad on top of existing pixel animation. Scene for Infection gameovers. Bugfixing from 1.01 (if any).

1.03 - Expanded role for Barton + scenes. Update and expansion on Cold Pines map + one more doggo scene (Kerry). Update and expansion on Downtown map + new character (Thompson Taylor) + scenes. Bugfixing from 1.02 (if any).

Oh and as usual, you will find the full changelog below!

---
CHANGELOG (1.01.1)
* The promised ‘endgame’ reward scenes are now here! These are detailed, comprehensive ‘happy ending’ scenes for Natasha + Rebecca, Sofia, AND Cassie (via Ending/Epilogues “D” and “E”)! These were written with the canon that you actually participated in the consensual scenes in Fort Patton and are a continuation of that. We have done our best to really create scenes we felt rewarded players for all their efforts in obtaining the ‘better’ endings and hope you all enjoy! This is the only first part of our final edition updates, which only affects the endings, so there is no need to start a new game (yet!) just load into your ending rooms and these scenes will be available (again, “D” and “E” only!).
* Adding in a much-requested alternate movement, the WASD keys, which can be used alongside arrow keys or left mouse click!
* Heavily overhauled and improved our real-time action battle system! Added actual collision physics for sight and projectiles, meaning enemies will now only be able to detect Juno with a clear line of sight (basically they can no longer see Juno through walls, but can still see her through obstacles like fallen chairs). Additionally, this also affects Juno, as she can no longer shoot through walls now with long-ranged weapons like the rifles. We also improved enemy detection by adding peripheral vision for them (it was a bit silly when Juno is standing right beside them but they don’t detect her), so now their alert proc will trigger if you are beside them, not just right in front. Enemies that are hit by projectiles will now also be temporarily stunned for 0.5 seconds and execute a mini jump animation, which prevents enemies from relentlessly coming forward while Juno is shooting or attacking.
* "Dark" maps difficulty has been lowered with the addition of multiple lightsources, lessened tint, and general better navigability in those maps.
Great news for me!
And, as I suppose, for every disciple of "Overgrown: Genesis"!

Reactions: leninja13579

nerogaf

Aug 23, 2019
Patreon post:

Content
Hello O:G fans! It's been awhile since Juno adventure came to an end! I've received so many messages from players who finished the game telling me how much they liked it and how they hope we'll return to Juno somehow even though the game is complete! ... Well! have I got good news for you!

Overgrown: Genesis has been updated from 1.00 to 1.01, featuring our promised endgame content! Available here:

VERSION 1.01.1:
DOWNLOAD LINK (WINDOWS)

These form the first part of our final edition updates for Overgrown: Genesis, following the end of which we will, sadly, close development on O:G for good. But all good things must come to an end, and we hope these final edition updates will fully polish up the game and bring the closure and additions that players wished for! We tried to cater to everyone and everything within reason, and hope that shines through!

The plan is as follows:

CURRENT -> 1.01 - Endgame content for the 'base girls' (Natasha + Rebecca, Sofia, and Cassie). Code and plugins total overhaul, mainly fixing and final upgrades to our real-time ABS (Action Battle System). Tweaked the "dark" maps (ie. Cold Pines) in terms of difficulty, general layout, and, well, darkness (more light sources, reduced tint).

1.02 - Scene with Eva Hawke (Ending E). Scene with Zara x Dryad on top of existing pixel animation. Scene for Infection gameovers. Bugfixing from 1.01 (if any).

1.03 - Expanded role for Barton + scenes. Update and expansion on Cold Pines map + one more doggo scene (Kerry). Update and expansion on Downtown map + new character (Thompson Taylor) + scenes. Bugfixing from 1.02 (if any).

Oh and as usual, you will find the full changelog below!

---
CHANGELOG (1.01.1)
* The promised ‘endgame’ reward scenes are now here! These are detailed, comprehensive ‘happy ending’ scenes for Natasha + Rebecca, Sofia, AND Cassie (via Ending/Epilogues “D” and “E”)! These were written with the canon that you actually participated in the consensual scenes in Fort Patton and are a continuation of that. We have done our best to really create scenes we felt rewarded players for all their efforts in obtaining the ‘better’ endings and hope you all enjoy! This is the only first part of our final edition updates, which only affects the endings, so there is no need to start a new game (yet!) just load into your ending rooms and these scenes will be available (again, “D” and “E” only!).
* Adding in a much-requested alternate movement, the WASD keys, which can be used alongside arrow keys or left mouse click!
* Heavily overhauled and improved our real-time action battle system! Added actual collision physics for sight and projectiles, meaning enemies will now only be able to detect Juno with a clear line of sight (basically they can no longer see Juno through walls, but can still see her through obstacles like fallen chairs). Additionally, this also affects Juno, as she can no longer shoot through walls now with long-ranged weapons like the rifles. We also improved enemy detection by adding peripheral vision for them (it was a bit silly when Juno is standing right beside them but they don’t detect her), so now their alert proc will trigger if you are beside them, not just right in front. Enemies that are hit by projectiles will now also be temporarily stunned for 0.5 seconds and execute a mini jump animation, which prevents enemies from relentlessly coming forward while Juno is shooting or attacking.
* "Dark" maps difficulty has been lowered with the addition of multiple lightsources, lessened tint, and general better navigability in those maps.
"Overgrown: Genesis" at "*************" ("Windows"):

TRANT

Aug 22, 2017
Devs don't read this thread, so unfortunately your feedback won't lead to anything.
could you or somebody who have are a patreon forward onto the feedback to the devs, please? maybe they will change it with the last couple updates...

Oko7

Mar 14, 2021
There is more in Steam change log:

- Fixed a big problem with the melee combat system; had a missing line of code that was causing a recurring glitch with the melee weapons that screwed around with durability and could outright make them disappear or reappear randomly.

- You can now hand in Dr. Zara's research to General Hawke at Area 66 if you missed giving it to him the first time around at the University.

- Music options in the Gallery now expanded; they now also follow the "unlock" system alongside the Gallery, so more music options are unlocked as you play through the game, and as the Gallery expands.

- Barton's gunshop remapped and relocated to the north side of Hamilton Square.

- You should be able to finish Ending A with the proper sprite transition now, as intended.

- New starting point in the Cheat Room from Juno's apartment, which allows you to jump to Hamilton Square.

- Cheats option from the user menu now gives you an option to reduce Infection.

- You can now hide text at any time with the "H" key; same key used to restore it. This will come in handy for Gallery in particular!

- Experimental controller support added for O:G. Right trigger is fire/struggle, right bumper is reload, and left bumper is minimap toggle.

Reactions: RedComet00

the_jaron

Jul 16, 2020
I'm stuck at the university. Can't give the Prototype to Zara because she destroys it.
I have the 2 Keycards from the dead bodies. Got the Dean's Key. Repaired the 4 out of 6 electronic valve thing(?), I think?

How do I get to the research from Zara for the General? And where do I find the other doctor?

leninja13579

Dec 5, 2017
I'm stuck at the university. Can't give the Prototype to Zara because she destroys it.
I have the 2 Keycards from the dead bodies. Got the Dean's Key. Repaired the 4 out of 6 electronic valve thing(?), I think?

How do I get to the research from Zara for the General? And where do I find the other doctor?
give the prototype to the other doctor he is at the east of the university in the area where you need to use the flashlight in the upper area, you need to repair all electronic valves ti defeat the dryad and clear the university level

Cedorin

Mar 27, 2019
Could anyone tell me where Fernstein is? I can't find him anywhere. From dark room east of lobby area, I can only get into small room with one of circuit breakers and those female soldiers you shouldn't attempt to save.

roboraptor

Sep 17, 2019
how can i use the crowbar? because i cant breake anything.i cant clear de subway and cant break chest

Last edited:

BluestSlime

Mar 9, 2020
Could anyone tell me where Fernstein is? I can't find him anywhere. From dark room east of lobby area, I can only get into small room with one of circuit breakers and those female soldiers you shouldn't attempt to save.
his room is on the northeast side of that dark room map, not the south exit (which is to those female soldiers). Getting to him usuallyrequires stunning the dryad with your gun, then committing to running around her.

JasonK3

Sep 7, 2017
Did a speedrun of ending E in 1:21:54
Wish there was an Easy way to get 300bp takes a lot of time just to collect a bunch of stuff
Screenshot 2021-12-05 164925.png

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 68 Votes