chickenfuck

Sep 12, 2018
Nice. I always have to check since some fuckers put in tags when the content doesn't exist yet. Still wanna know how bone daddy can do the dirty tho.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
Im confused, I know I played this game a couple versions ago and it ran okay. However now its sucking a bunch of ram, and even crashing. It loads the other charecters up to it, but Shaltear, for whatever reason keeps crashing me. After meeting the Darkelf siblings, the farthest I was able to reach was the point Ainz was remenising about his old guild mates arguing all the time, then crash.

One of my attempts Shaltears animation was blinking in and out of existence before the crash. It has very little issues with Alb and the siblings animations tho. Is this an issue for my potato computer or something else? P.s running on like 85ish% of my 4gb ram.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Im confused, I know I played this game a couple versions ago and it ran okay. However now its sucking a bunch of ram, and even crashing. It loads the other charecters up to it, but Shaltear, for whatever reason keeps crashing me. After meeting the Darkelf siblings, the farthest I was able to reach was the point Ainz was remenising about his old guild mates arguing all the time, then crash.

One of my attempts Shaltears animation was blinking in and out of existence before the crash. It has very little issues with Alb and the siblings animations tho. Is this an issue for my potato computer or something else? P.s running on like 85ish% of my 4gb ram.
It should generate a log, or tell you the cause of the crash. Might be a bug since it is specific to Shalltear.
I assume you are playing R11, correct?

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
It should generate a log, or tell you the cause of the crash. Might be a bug since it is specific to Shalltear.
I assume you are playing R11, correct?
Its def a memory issue:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

After clearing some system apps, and restarting laptop, I attempted it again and was able to progress a bit. However still as before the parts leading to shaltear works okay, but really struggles with her part.

Reactions: Winterfire

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Its def a memory issue:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

After clearing some system apps, and restarting laptop, I attempted it again and was able to progress a bit. However still as before the parts leading to shaltear works okay, but really struggles with her part.
This is weird, but I know what the issue might be.
Ren'Py should not store all that in memory, only the things used... And each scene is built to show only a few things at once.

The issue might be the caching which I have increased because of the animated sprites.
The good news is that in R13 I have switched to a lighter format for the animations, the bad news is that I actually forgot to edit the cache size (no longer required thanks to the new way I handle animations).

In short, your issue might be solved in R13 or in a shortly later release once I edit the cache size to reflect the latest changes.

Reactions: chainedpanda

GuardianZ

Jun 12, 2017
Just an FYI. The NOPY source is full of shit. The download stops before reaching half way.

4.00 star(s) 30 Votes