Sewyoba

Jul 22, 2018
Once I discovered the gameplay is just a matter of meeting conditions, It didn't feel fun playing anymore. Once you confess to a girl, you're locked out of the h scenes for all the others.
That's the thing, you are not locked out of h scenes for all the others, block persists for 1 or 2 anime seasons and then game forgets that you are supposed to be a faithful husband. As it is now you just don't get any more events where you can romance Albedo, Yuri and Narbarel apart from the adventurer guild stuff.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Harem mechanics here make no sense. First game tells you choosing this or that girl as your wife will lock all other girls from having sex with you, but apparently at 3-4 season mark this block falls apart and you start being able to cheat on your wife. You'd think this is a bug, but according to walkthrough game expects you to do that. Go figure. Also, event chains leading to confession for semi-minor characters feel like they are one day opportunity only while walkthrough states that 4 wives wedding requires you to proc werewolf's event waaaay after it first shows up.

Shalltear is is the only one who can become concubine? It's all so confusing
Yes, they do make sense:

1- People have asked as recently as a few replies ago (Mind you, in R26) "Why can't I fuck the whole Nazarick?" which means they did not even finish Season 1; Not everyone can wait, and it is easier to say "If you make this choice, you are locked for the time being" (It was even more true when harem was not available back then).

2- It is not cheating, in both anime and LN Albedo herself said it would make sense for Ainz to have multiple wives, Shalltear agreed. It is safe to assume everyone in Nazarick shares the same sentiment, not to mention even the world where they are in currently it is normal for an emperor to have multiple wives or concubines.

3- I did not understand the rest of the text, but yes, minor characters have way less events compared to the main cast; It is normal, no one would want me to focus on them in detriment to major ones.

4- Not all characters are the same, I do not picture Narberal or Albedo becoming concubines, but I can easily picture Shalltear becoming one. Shalltear is also not the only one capable of doing that, I believe Aura and Solution can too... Maybe Shizu.

Once I discovered the gameplay is just a matter of meeting conditions, It didn't feel fun playing anymore. Once you confess to a girl, you're locked out of the h scenes for all the others.
That is false.
I mean I even put a "harem" tag in the thread, idk what else to tell you.

You're forced to a linear route & rigidly sticking to one set of choices unless you don't mind missing content.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Gameplay can be summarized in this pattern: Pick a girl>play her route>reset game>rinse & repeat.
This is a way to play the game, yeah.
Honestly I hate harem, so if I were to play the game, I would just do that with my favorite characters x) I am sure there is at least another person that shares my same sentiment.

If you stray from the path, you get penalized (you miss a scene). Also, h scenes are few & far between.
False and sort of false.

There is no penalty: The fact that the game has a story, with custom choices affecting it and SFW CGs, means that you would not feel penalized even if you played the game without ever making a NSFW choice.
If you stick to a woman at the beginning, you will have more scenes with her; If you ignore her and go for someone else you will have the choice to pursue her later on with new scenes; If you start building a harem right away, you can plan out whose girls can be part of it and when, and so on.

It is called "Giving a choice" because my way of playing a game is not your way of playing a game, everyone has their own tastes and I am trying to meet them all by giving choices.
However, if I ask you "Do you want an orange or a potato?" and you pick the orange, you will get the orange... You cannot except the potato as well, unless I give the choice for both; In some cases it happens, but it cannot happen every time, you have to be reasonable.

As for the h scenes being few and far between, I add new hentai scenes at each build and I release 2-3 builds a month.
I do not think they are few, keep in mind that this game is not even a year old and at the beginning I was making two games.
However, I cannot say you are completely false regarding this point: If you stick to a single route, you will not get hentai scenes often and frequently.

Does that need to be fixed? Not really.
The game is going to be big, at the end of it a single route will have as many CGs as you would expect from a normal VN to have. Maybe a couple more or a couple less depending on which game you are comparing it to.

Can anyone get the cg guide for last 2 solution Cg's? And mirror event guide as well thanks
Last two Solution CGs are bugged. There should be a fix on Patreon, and a few posts back here on this thread.

That's the thing, you are not locked out of h scenes for all the others, block persists for 1 or 2 anime seasons and then game forgets that you are supposed to be a faithful husband. As it is now you just don't get any more events where you can romance Albedo, Yuri and Narbarel apart from the adventurer guild stuff.
It does not forget, you do.

Reactions: AhrimanH and Azerov

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
37 please
From the walkthrough:
If you have made Lupusregina pregnant by cumming inside of her, on the beginning of day 160 you will be finding Freyja, your daughter, in the throne room.

If you have made Entoma pregnant as well (On night 140, shortly after marrying her), you will be unlocking this mirror event upon speaking with Freyja.

slashcrit

Oct 18, 2017
From the walkthrough:
If you have made Lupusregina pregnant by cumming inside of her, on the beginning of day 160 you will be finding Freyja, your daughter, in the throne room.

If you have made Entoma pregnant as well (On night 140, shortly after marrying her), you will be unlocking this mirror event upon speaking with Freyja.
Thank you. Btw I fixed the first cg solution bug but it only happened day 160, what day should this cg happen for me to unlock the last one?

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Thank you. Btw I fixed the first cg solution bug but it only happened day 160, what day should this cg happen for me to unlock the last one?
Both happen within the same event:
If you choose to make Solution your wife, she gets CG 7 (I believe) and concubine CG 8.

Sewyoba

Jul 22, 2018
1- People have asked as recently as a few replies ago (Mind you, in R26) "Why can't I fuck the whole Nazarick?" which means they did not even finish Season 1; Not everyone can wait, and it is easier to say "If you make this choice, you are locked for the time being" (It was even more true when harem was not available back then).
I don't disagree with you on lore, I was speaking from purely gameplay standpoint. And I'm not the only one feeling this way, and not everyone watched or read Overlord, even. When deciding that you love Albedo above everyone else, it blocks you off from confessing to werewolf and frost virgin - and that is in line with the warning game gives you about choice affecting whole playthrough. After some time game lets you to visit brothels and get h events from captives (like genderbent priestess and Clementine) and allows confessing to other girls, invalidating the warning.

You as a player expect the warning to be consistent throughout the game because the warning says so. If the game warns you that choosing someone as wife will prevent h events with others, then it briefly disables confessions to other characters, blocks southern girl off. And you also know you can do a harem, so you'd expect harem route and wife routes to be incompatible. Warning message is just misleading, that's what I am saying. Not everyone would make a save at this point, play till the end of content, come back and make a different choice to find out - thus they say it here.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I don't disagree with you on lore, I was speaking from purely gameplay standpoint. And I'm not the only one feeling this way, and not everyone watched or read Overlord, even. When deciding that you love Albedo above everyone else, it blocks you off from confessing to werewolf and frost virgin - and that is in line with the warning game gives you about choice affecting whole playthrough. After some time game lets you to visit brothels and get h events from captives (like genderbent priestess and Clementine) and allows confessing to other girls, invalidating the warning.

You as a player expect the warning to be consistent throughout the game because the warning says so. If the game warns you that choosing someone as wife will prevent h events with others, then it briefly disables confessions to other characters, blocks southern girl off. And you also know you can do a harem, so you'd expect harem route and wife routes to be incompatible. Warning message is just misleading, that's what I am saying. Not everyone would make a save at this point, play till the end of content, come back and make a different choice to find out - thus they say it here.
It also locks Solution, Yuri, Narberal and a few more.

I thought the warning was pretty clear, but I am most likely biased and I cannot expect people to mind-read me ofc.
It also does not help I have written it a lot time ago, so I guess I will just revisit it and edit accordingly. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

wwgwa

Dec 27, 2017
If I already have a wife, can't I meet / add Jhaiz to the harem or is it still possible in the future?

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
If I already have a wife, can't I meet / add Jhaiz to the harem or is it still possible in the future?
No, Jhaiza and a few others are player-suggested and while I am always happy to include those suggestions, they may have a limited lifetime because they cannot work indefinitely throughout the story.

Reactions: wwgwa

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
How to unlock the Misc CG 58?
From the walkthrough:
On day 160 you will have a new event in Black Capsule, it will be a fairly short one, but if you meet the following requirements: At least 1 Shooting Star charge, got a handjob and blowjob from her (CG 46 and CG 47) the event will continue into a sex scene. If you view both the outcomes of "Cum inside" and "Cum outside" you will unlock this CG.

4.00 star(s) 30 Votes