Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
But all the girls make it more fun and I'm sure quite a few patrons would pay to see their story expanded :love: Though I guess all the extra writing can be tiring :coffee:
Oh, it is not a matter of writing, I am already doing that.
I believe it is just a matter of quantity over quality, it is not noticeable at the beginning but the more you continue, the more you notice just how many women the anime has already. There are just so many that adding even more feels unnecessary.

• Haha
Reactions: masterdragonson

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Oh, it is not a matter of writing, I am already doing that.
I believe it is just a matter of quantity over quality, it is not noticeable at the beginning but the more you continue, the more you notice just how many women the anime has already. There are just so many that adding even more feels unnecessary.
Oh I notice, that's why I'm a patron :coffee: Keep up the good work even has you drown in a sea of titties

Zalzany

Apr 19, 2017
Wait how is this taged sandbox when its linear story based.. Is making decisions and never being able to go back and repeat things sandbox now?

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Wait how is this taged sandbox when its linear story based.. Is making decisions and never being able to go back and repeat things sandbox now?
The sandbox element does not apply to the main story (which is not linear anyways), but to the women you can pursue.
That is the open element, together with the gold tokens, which gets this game the "sandbox" tag.

• Angry
Reactions: Zalzany

Zalzany

Apr 19, 2017
The sandbox element does not apply to the main story (which is not linear anyways), but to the women you can pursue.
That is the open element, together with the gold tokens, which gets this game the "sandbox" tag.
Not really if you accidentally commit to one girl it removes other ones chains so no it also doesn't have sandbox in that sense either... Like it has decisions, and options but is still very very much linear over all... Sand box would be me forgeting the main quest and chasing down a bunch of things, only moving forward once a blue moon to get further into side things. This is like "you got side stuff, but heavily relies on the main quest line in order to do any of them."

Like to me sandbox would be like skrim where I never ever beat the main story line and got hundreds of hours in it anyways lol. Its where I can freely do what you want, this is like hey you can do 2-3 things between main story line progression! I mean I like it but I never noticed the tag till I searched for sandbox games and I just laughed when I saw some one exagerated hard core to add this to it.

A good example is with tags male protag and sandbox its next to this one is Wife Trainer where you can do any main girl line you want in any order, lessons of love same thing, Public Sex Life, HS Tutor and Trials in Tainted Space, but then you got this game in the mix for some reason and it just doesn't live up to the rest of the ones using the tag that show up just on page 1 of those tag filters... Its like using NTR for a FFM threesome, its just kind cheating the tag system.

Reactions: xAlphakillx

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Not really if you accidentally commit to one girl it removes other ones chains so no it also doesn't have sandbox in that sense either...
No, please take notice of "Harem" tag.

Like it has decisions, and options but is still very very much linear over all...
No.

Sand box would be me forgeting the main quest and chasing down a bunch of things, only moving forward once a blue moon to get further into side things. This is like "you got side stuff, but heavily relies on the main quest line in order to do any of them."
There are big sandboxes and small sandboxes, this one is on the smaller side; You are right to say it heavily relies on the main storyline, but there is not just a single way to make a sandbox.
There are bigger sandboxes where the side stuff you do have no impact on the storyline, I preferred to have a smaller one where the choices you make in those side events do impact the storyline.

There is also to say that not everyone likes to get "lost".
This game was originally born just as an experiment to see if I could fix some of the biggest problems I noticed from sandbox games (Getting lost), then it turned into an actual game since people liked it.

Like to me sandbox would be like skrim where I never ever beat the main story line and got hundreds of hours in it anyways lol.
This is a project made by just one person (me), there is no way I would be able to make hundreds of hours of side content.
It would not work, either. This is a pure visual novel, not Skyrim. It has no gameplay elements, just reading.

When it comes to visual novels, the big "AAA" ones, they are typically 30-60 hours long.

Its where I can freely do what you want, this is like hey you can do 2-3 things between main story line progression! I mean I like it but I never noticed the tag till I searched for sandbox games and I just laughed when I saw some one exagerated hard core to add this to it.

A good example is with tags male protag and sandbox its next to this one is Wife Trainer where you can do any main girl line you want in any order, lessons of love same thing, Public Sex Life, HS Tutor and Trials in Tainted Space, but then you got this game in the mix for some reason and it just doesn't live up to the rest of the ones using the tag that show up just on page 1 of those tag filters... Its like using NTR for a FFM threesome, its just kind cheating the tag system.
I did not play any of those games, so I cannot say anything about that.
However, sandbox is just a design style and it can have various ranges of freedom, this game qualifies as one.

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
Overlord H [R34] Winterfire

Original Size Win/Linux: 2.28 GB
Original Size Mac: 2.28 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 478 MB
Compressed Size Mac: 457 MB

Win/Linux:
Mac:

This version is UNOFFICIAL. Compression reduces image/sound/video/animation quality and can cause the game to break, download at your own risk!

pb03

Jun 3, 2017
JokerLeader Winterfire

Not sure if it's just the compressed version, but i started playing for the first time, so from the beginning, and the game crashes during the 6th floor meeting. No error or anything the game just shuts down. I have tried reloading it and it just kicks me out at the same spot. The spot where it is kicking me out is, when it goes int the over head view of the 6th floor after momonga says "let's start with... shalltear", then it just shuts the game down. When i load back in all the setting are reset, for example it goes back to window instead of full screen, and the dialogue transparency resets to full again.

Since it is not giving me an error i cannot give anymore info than that.

I have not tested the original version just the compressed, but i don't wanna download the original if it may crash like the compressed.

Reactions: dking239

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
JokerLeader Winterfire

Not sure if it's just the compressed version, but i started playing for the first time, so from the beginning, and the game crashes during the 6th floor meeting. No error or anything the game just shuts down. I have tried reloading it and it just kicks me out at the same spot. The spot where it is kicking me out is, when it goes int the over head view of the 6th floor after momonga says "let's start with... shalltear", then it just shuts the game down. When i load back in all the setting are reset, for example it goes back to window instead of full screen, and the dialogue transparency resets to full again.

I have not tested the original version just the compressed, but i don't wanna download the original if it may crash like the compressed.
I have tested the uncompressed game and it works for me.
Without any log, my best guess is that one of the sprites (Shalltear happy) is corrupted, whether it is because of the compression or a bad download it is hard to tell.

Last edited:

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
JokerLeader Winterfire

I have downloaded the compressed version and it crashes at the same point for me as well. It is broken.

Reactions: pb03

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
Overlord H [R35] Winterfire

Original Size Win/Linux: 2.35 GB
Original Size Mac: 2.33 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 499 MB
Compressed Size Mac: 482 MB

Win/Linux:
Mac:

CoolDude4444

Feb 11, 2018
I already hate Drake with a burning passion and want him gone. I also never slept with Shalltear so how the hell is he even in my playthrough? His attitude and personality are creepy and annoying in the mirror events. I also haven't slept with Narberal in my main save file either and her son is somehow there as well.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 30 Votes