VN Ren'Py Onhold Overpowered [Ep. 12] [YoshiGames]

4.40 star(s) 19 Votes
Apr 16, 2020
That was honestly a little more disappointing than I'd care to admit. Not because the story was bad but because the pacing was jarring at best. Also to add you should really consider letting the viewer know when each episode transition happens, that small cliffhanger was rather.. weird. It doesn't need to be anything complex, just a slide in between when the next episode happens, I was entirely convinced I was going to episode 2 but then that ending happened. Good game overall though, I see great potential.

Reactions: Yooshi

Yooshi

Mega-Chonker
Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
That was honestly a little more disappointing than I'd care to admit. Not because the story was bad but because the pacing was jarring at best. Also to add you should really consider letting the viewer know when each episode transition happens, that small cliffhanger was rather.. weird. It doesn't need to be anything complex, just a slide in between when the next episode happens, I was entirely convinced I was going to episode 2 but then that ending happened. Good game overall though, I see great potential.
I was thinking about episode transitions, but I always forget to add them. I will add them now, so people gonna know which episode they playing now starting from episode 7.

Reactions: demondelic.psy

Deathlore421

Jul 11, 2020
Ep 6 has been out for a few weeks (I missed it because I only check patreon's at the end of the month), but ep 7 is supposed to come out tomorrow so i guess you may as well wait.

Gammatroni

Jan 8, 2020
Now the braking point, original was abandoned after 0.6 so if this will go farther then 0.7 should be good ;)

Exoplast

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
Overpowered [Ep. 6] [YoshiGames][TCJ] - Original Size: 1,3GB

Download PC (170MB):
Download Mac (156MB):

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Tools Used: UnRen v0.91 (Sam@f95zone), Yac v.2.1 (hngg@f95zone)

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Is the remastering part done? Now it has the same version as the original game and since the original savegames would surely not work i just want to know if there is any progression on the main story or if its focus is on side-stuff and polishing.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
There is harem. There's a lot of girls around MC, but some choices lead to the path where Ren won't get to know some of them (sidecharacters mostly). But still, harem is there.
Thanks for the game. But if I have to discard potential LIs before I even know who they are, I pass.

In harem games, I'm more than being the one who decides for each LI individually if I want to be with her or not, without having to choose between several. Even if they are side characters, I don't like it, it's something that just turns me off.

Otherwise the game sounds interesting and I like the LIs, although, honestly, I prefer not to try it.

In any case, wish you luck with the game.

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
There is harem. There's a lot of girls around MC, but some choices lead to the path where Ren won't get to know some of them (sidecharacters mostly). But still, harem is there.
Cool. That way of doing it will make the game more immersive and less linear. It benefits the story. Other characters can have their own lives/interests/dislikes instead of having the universe revolve around protags gotta catch em all harem.

Reactions: Yooshi

Yooshi

Mega-Chonker
Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
Thanks for the game. But if I have to discard potential LIs before I even know who they are, I pass.

In harem games, I'm more than being the one who decides for each LI individually if I want to be with her or not, without having to choose between several. Even if they are side characters, I don't like it, it's something that just turns me off.

Otherwise the game sounds interesting and I like the LIs, although, honestly, I prefer not to try it.

In any case, wish you luck with the game.
It's a shame you guys won't give the game a chance, but I get it - you don't want to spend your time on something that you probably won't like. Fair enough I guess.

Is the remastering part done? Now it has the same version as the original game and since the original savegames would surely not work i just want to know if there is any progression on the main story or if its focus is on side-stuff and polishing.

If you played the original game and then try out this one, you will find out that it's basically a different game now.

Cool. That way of doing it will make the game more immersive and less linear. It benefits the story. Other characters can have their own lives/interests/dislikes instead of having the universe revolve around protags gotta catch em all harem.
I'm glad that someone thinks the same way I do ^^

Reactions: Crosaith.

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
Gonna piggyback off of my last comment a bit.

What if two of the girls were completely incompatible personality-wise? Should the power of friendship and harem be able to overcome that?

Taking that further... What if there were two groups of three girls that were incompatible? You choose which group you want. It's still a harem game.

Making all characters know, agree with, and like each other can really limit storytelling.

Somewhat different genres... but Sengoku Rance and Daibanchou Big Bang Age come to mind. Those games had some tough choices that determined which girls are added to the player's harem.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Gonna piggyback off of my last comment a bit.

What if two of the girls were completely incompatible personality-wise? Should the power of friendship and harem be able to overcome that?

Taking that further... What if there were two groups of three girls that were incompatible? You choose which group you want. It's still a harem game.

Making all characters know, agree with, and like each other can really limit storytelling.

Somewhat different genres... but Sengoku Rance and Daibanchou Big Bang Age come to mind. Those games had some tough choices that determined which girls are added to the player's harem.
I never play more than one route/end in games. If I have to choose between several LIs, I prefer to know as much as possible about them before doing so. Although that certainly doesn't prevent me, at the point, from leaving the game because I am interested in both (or whatever number). I usually never finish games where I have to choose between several different LIs (I only remember one that is in the process of finishing, and I can name quite a few more that I have abandoned). Also, in harem games, I don't like having to necessarily choose between LIs (and not at all doing it without knowing anything about them or knowing very little).

About the example of two groups of 3 girls... If both groups have at least one girl that interests me, I will not choose and will abandon the game. The only possible option for me to proceed to choose is that none of the girls in one of the groups interested me at all (if they all share a fetish that I dislike, for example, or seem unfriendly, or anything else that might make me I don't like them).

Regarding the girls with incompatible personalities... well, the same as for the group. If I am interested in both, I will not choose and I will abandon the game.

In general, the chances that two "facing" LIs will like me at the same time are high (and increase notably as the number of mandatory elections increases)

For all these reasons, I usually prefer to ignore these games (except on very rare occasions)

On the other hand, I don't know the games you name, but I'm not sure if they are to my liking.

Reactions: Cernunnos.

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
I never play more than one route/end in games. If I have to choose between several LIs, I prefer to know as much as possible about them before doing so. Although that certainly doesn't prevent me, at the point, from leaving the game because I am interested in both (or whatever number). I usually never finish games where I have to choose between several different LIs (I only remember one that is in the process of finishing, and I can name quite a few more that I have abandoned). Also, in harem games, I don't like having to necessarily choose between LIs (and not at all doing it without knowing anything about them or knowing very little).

About the example of two groups of 3 girls... If both groups have at least one girl that interests me, I will not choose and will abandon the game. The only possible option for me to proceed to choose is that none of the girls in one of the groups interested me at all (if they all share a fetish that I dislike, for example, or seem unfriendly, or anything else that might make me I don't like them).

Regarding the girls with incompatible personalities... well, the same as for the group. If I am interested in both, I will not choose and I will abandon the game.

In general, the chances that two "facing" LIs will like me at the same time are high (and increase notably as the number of mandatory elections increases)

For all these reasons, I usually prefer to ignore these games (except on very rare occasions)

On the other hand, I don't know the games you name, but I'm not sure if they are to my liking.
Judging from what you said... I highly doubt you'll like this game no matter what the dev does. Seems like kinetic novels are your thing, not visual novels.

Haha yeah. You definitely won't like those games.

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
i don't mind choosing but i think it's realy hard to make it well, just thinking of muv-luv, devil on g-string and forgot that game with the occult nazi that want to become gods but ... any route end with a bloodbath or some serious psychological damage for either the character not chosen (that you still see in a re-run for completion T_T) or the player, seeing a potential waifu raped to death multiple time (yes re-run are heavy T_T) tend to get hard (not the good way) for the player and most just drop before completing or just auto/skip to the final "true end" or "harem ending" ... when there's one, but having a "and they all lived happily ever after" after going through dismemberement, rape or for the vanilla game "simple" heartbreak scene make them a whole lot less happy ending ...

just thinking about it T_T, if that's the way the game will be finished i'm out and fast :X

edit : forgot to had majikoi in the list (even if if it's a bit less heavy as the route are longer and you only get close to the not chosen girl in the beginning but soon choose your focus ^^)

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
i don't mind choosing but i think it's realy hard to make it well, just thinking of muv-luv, devil on g-string and forgot that game with the occult nazi that want to become gods but ... any route end with a bloodbath or some serious psychological damage for either the character not chosen (that you still see in a re-run for completion T_T) or the player, seeing a potential waifu raped to death multiple time (yes re-run are heavy T_T) tend to get hard (not the good way) for the player and most just drop before completing or just auto/skip to the final "true end" or "harem ending" ... when there's one, but having a "and they all lived happily ever after" after going through dismemberement, rape or for the vanilla game "simple" heartbreak scene make them a whole lot less happy ending ...

just thinking about it T_T, if that's the way the game will be finished i'm out and fast :X
Wow wow wow!! Adding choice doesn't = making the game dark af/bad ends. Dev can just make those characters have no/different/reduced role in the story.

Couldn't stand Muv Luv. G-String was solid Not 100% sure bout the 3rd one though... Do you mean Dies Irae..?

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
Wow wow wow!! Adding choice doesn't = making the game dark af/bad ends. Dev can just make those characters have no/different/reduced role in the story.

Couldn't stand Muv Luv. G-String was solid Not 100% sure bout the 3rd one though... Do you mean Dies Irae..?
yep dies irae

i do understand that not choosing a character does not make it die, but some type of character don't go well with the good end of other main heroine ... (tsundere, childhood friend, pre-aranged fiancée that are actualy in love with the mc, shy girl without friend, lonely girl despised because she ate a fly when she was 5 ...)
and the solution to show mc made a choice are often really heavy on the plot, either the girl not chosen grow old with her new family of 2865 cats, or she get with someone else and become miss namelessnpc (at best) and never show on screen :X sometime the not chosen girl become closer to a nameless npc or best wingman of the world (don't think about the guilt oO)

so i won't say it's not possible to do it, even doing it well, but i do understand people that run far from game that are or could become like this, did the dev give some even mostly clear idea of how it'll go ?

Crosaith.

Nov 18, 2017
yep dies irae

i do understand that not choosing a character does not make it die, but some type of character don't go well with the good end of other main heroine ... (tsundere, childhood friend, pre-aranged fiancée that are actualy in love with the mc, shy girl without friend, lonely girl despised because she ate a fly when she was 5 ...)
and the solution to show mc made a choice are often really heavy on the plot, either the girl not chosen grow old with her new family of 2865 cats, or she get with someone else and become miss namelessnpc (at best) and never show on screen :X sometime the not chosen girl become closer to a nameless npc or best wingman of the world (don't think about the guilt oO)

so i won't say it's not possible to do it, even doing it well, but i do understand people that run far from game that are or could become like this, did the dev give some even mostly clear idea of how it'll go ?
Haha fair enough!

Endings can go a lot of ways. For all we know, harem protags. ---> Have 30+ kids. ---> Break up with women within a few years. ---> Crippling debt by child support.

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
Haha fair enough!

Endings can go a lot of ways. For all we know, harem protags. ---> Have 30+ kids. ---> Break up with women within a few years. ---> Crippling debt by child support.
and here i though only the female character had it rough never thought about fact not in game, and child support for divorced harem mc may go a long way, let's not speack about the mc of a lot of game around here where mc rape/drug/night crawl/peep/steal underwear/steal :X/ have public sex/install camera in shower, toilet, bedroom, gym, in private and or public area without notice or consent ... because yeah most of those get a fine with a good lawyer and all of them together give you acces to "nice" and heart warming time in some shower :X

edit : still wondering if the dev gave some idea about the final situation ^^
edit again : could be a nice starting set up for a game : "i was a harem protag but my wayfu throw me away and now i'm drowning in child support debt" could be a hit in japan

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 19 Votes