anotheralt34

Nov 3, 2018
I'm still getting errors when trying to save, the autosave feature work but saving in specific slots is returning and error.
Also, now in the middle of the exhibition scene with with Felicia I'm getting multiple errors when dialog should be appearing that look like this

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Sayer 'tom' is not defined.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "Week1Exhibition.rpyc", line 5347, in script
  File "D:\Misc GAmes\PaleCarnations-Ch2Up2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 676, in execute
    who = eval_who(self.who, self.who_fast)
  File "D:\Misc GAmes\PaleCarnations-Ch2Up2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 574, in eval_who
    raise Exception("Sayer '%s' is not defined." % who.encode("utf-8"))
Exception: Sayer 'tom' is not defined.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Pale Carnations Ch2Up2
Fri Feb 26 14:42:28 2021
with exceptions like Sayer 'tom' and Sayer 'jim' is not defined.

sunaboz

Donor
Jun 25, 2018
New update:
TD said:
Feb 26, 2021 at 10:50 PM
Dev Diary 13

Hello all, TD here with what should be the final dev diary before the next update.

We currently sit at 1650 images and 19 animations, with more to come.

GIL and I are in the process of wrapping up the latter half of the final major scene that will be offered in Ch3Up1. It should be a real doozy if you're into Kathleen's twisted brand of "entertainment." If you're not, don't worry; doing the conscientious thing may just have its own advantage in a future update. Although I do recommend playing through it on a seperate save as you might just glean some extra insight into a number of characters.

After that, there's a few very minor scenes that are required to close up the branching paths and set up the plot for the next update, but I anticipate that part should only take a couple days at most and then we'll get into play testing and polishing. If you're doing the math, that means Ch3Up1 should land sometime in (earlyish) march for our platinum members. I was hoping to be able to share an exact date by the time this dev diary rolled around, but it would be unwise to do so until this last major chunk is behind us.

As always, thank you for supporting us and we hope the next update will live up to your generosity.
There's also a picture included, to see it becoome a patron :].

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
New update:

There's also a picture included, to see it becoome a patron :].
We're getting close now!

For those interested, I've updated my charts with the latest numbers. We've added 321 static renders and 3 of these shiny new animations since the last update. The overall average now sits at roughly 118 statics and 1.4 animations per week.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Normally this is where I'd try to estimate the release date based on the trends, but I think the Diary already says all we need to know. If they work solidly for two more weeks before testing and polish, we'll probably end up with somewhere between 1900-2000 statics and a few more animations (though those are more variable). If they complete the update before then we'll get lower totals, but an earlier release. Win-win in my book. :)

I'm very curious to see how this Kathleen bit works; my guess is it will tie in to hyping one or more of the girls for Week 2, but perhaps things will be different this time. And I do have a an emergency backup playthrough to see what I'm missing.

Can't wait to play it!

mythril0101

Dec 3, 2019
We're getting close now!

For those interested, I've updated my charts with the latest numbers. We've added 321 static renders and 3 of these shiny new animations since the last update. The overall average now sits at roughly 118 statics and 1.4 animations per week.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Normally this is where I'd try to estimate the release date based on the trends, but I think the Diary already says all we need to know. If they work solidly for two more weeks before testing and polish, we'll probably end up with somewhere between 1900-2000 statics and a few more animations (though those are more variable). If they complete the update before then we'll get lower totals, but an earlier release. Win-win in my book. :)

I'm very curious to see how this Kathleen bit works; my guess is it will tie in to hyping one or more of the girls for Week 2, but perhaps things will be different this time. And I do have a an emergency backup playthrough to see what I'm missing.

Can't wait to play it!
Hmm, given these statistics. Do we expect 2000~ ish renders per update? even if that is true, does that really mean the update is coming soon? I mean, yeah render numbers do give us some track on updates, but there's text, coding, alpha's, beta's etc etc. I don't think that finishing static renders means a release coming soon.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Hmm, given these statistics. Do we expect 2000~ ish renders per update? even if that is true, does that really mean the update is coming soon? I mean, yeah render numbers do give us some track on updates, but there's text, coding, alpha's, beta's etc etc. I don't think that finishing static renders means a release coming soon.
Well, in this case we know the update is coming soon because that's what the diary says: early-ish March release for the platinum members. That's no more than ~2 weeks away.

In the larger sense, no we don't know that 2000 is a particular target. But it is the static render count for the last update, so I consider it the best reference available until and unless the devs give a specific target for a new update.

It's definitely true that there are aspects to the game beyond renders and they take time as well. But in general they are worked on simultaneously with the renders. So I'll only account for them separately if the devs specifically mention that they need to devote extraordinary time to coding/writing etc (or if it's otherwise obvious they need to focus resources on that sort of thing, but that rarely happens).

At any rate, don't take the charts as some sort of oracle. They're just a way to add context to the information we get and gauge how the rate of progress changes over time.

Reactions: ju1zzed and TD1900

mario171

May 6, 2020
Same. Just can’t help feeling like I’m not going to get the kind of ending with Veronica compared to the other girls.
Veronica is my godness. 1 m long legs, red hear, perfect athlete fit/flexible body, straight forward personality and full of will power. Veronica is talent with bodybuilding, shot put, pale dancing and massage. She is so conscientious to her career and full of charming in the gym. It’s a great joy to see this undeterred amazon warrior humiliated in the show(such as MC peeing on her), backstab by Samsun and win the unfair battle over Lucy. Looking forward to see more imaginative scenes of this unique girl.

Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
What ename144 already said, basically.

GIL works off the written script I provide on a scene-by-scene basis when he creates the images. After he hands them off to me I set the image maps, musical cues, transitions, and all the other ren'py stuff directly afterwards. So all the writing, images, and "coding" (by large) does get done within a close time frame. After that, we usually spend a week to do proofreading, play testing, preparing myself mentally for failure, polishing the language, and other miscellaneous things.

I'm still getting errors when trying to save, the autosave feature work but saving in specific slots is returning and error.
Also, now in the middle of the exhibition scene with with Felicia I'm getting multiple errors when dialog should be appearing that look like this
Thanks for the report. A couple of other people have reported similar issues, but I've been unable to replicate it.

Are you using the PC, mac, or the compressed version? Was this off a fresh extraction from the .rar file into a new folder? Those say objects it's telling you it can't find are indeed defined within the characters.rpy file I have on hand for Ch2Up2, so I'm scratching my head on why it's telling you it can't find them other than maybe some extraction or mod-related snafu.

badnboujee

Jun 6, 2017
hey TD1900, was replaying the game and noticed a small spelling mistake: if Felicia calls the MC daddy before the exhibition in the last update, she says "Or would you prefer I call your daddy" instead of "Or would you prefer I call you daddy"

one tiny letter 'r' creating an entirely different world of implications :ROFLMAO:

xslayermkdx

Jun 4, 2017
Game very good so far but 4 months for 1 update, they crossing every line now. Back then was 1 month then 2 months now developers making 1 update after 3 months plus and now 4 and updates lasts less and less simply not fair i understand needs time for stuff like this i really do but 2 up to 3 months maximum for same games can be understandable but 4 months simply to much!

Theba

Jun 24, 2019
Game very good so far but 4 months for 1 update, they crossing every line now. Back then was 1 month then 2 months now developers making 1 update after 3 months plus and now 4 and updates lasts less and less simply not fair i understand needs time for stuff like this i really do but 2 up to 3 months maximum for same games can be understandable but 4 months simply to much!
Most of the times i don't bother to say anything about comments like this, but this is just pathetic

So first question, what lines they have crossed here?
Second, please show or provide the information where this game has had 1 month release cycles...

If this your rant about that its not getting updated fast enough for your taste, then it would be better to not say anything.
Your comment is just tasteless. + "its not fair" ??? seriously, if the developers are giving this game here for free. If its not for your liking that it takes this long, you are free leave this game and find something that fits for your requirements

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
Yeah, I just don't get the entitlement behind this one.

xslayermkdx

Jun 4, 2017
Most of the times i don't bother to say anything about comments like this, but this is just pathetic

So first question, what lines they have crossed here?
Second, please show or provide the information where this game has had 1 month release cycles...

If this your rant about that its not getting updated fast enough for your taste, then it would be better to not say anything.
Your comment is just tasteless. + "its not fair" ??? seriously, if the developers are giving this game here for free. If its not for your liking that it takes this long, you are free leave this game and find something that fits for your requirements
Some people are so naive even if the update comes after a year will still paying and that's the problem the developers not giving the game for free they just delay month after month this game becomes similar to Waify Academy 4 6 and then 8 months for update!

AwsHen

Oct 13, 2018
Some people are so naive even if the update comes after a year will still paying and that's the problem the developers not giving the game for free they just delay month after month this game becomes similar to Waify Academy 4 6 and then 8 months for update!
This is not WA and the updates for this game are consistent, this is the excat sh!t the developer wants to avoid, you are judging too soon. There is no inclination in the slightest that the dev is slacking off, from day 1 the quality has not changed the storyline is consistent and the dev is constantly on touch with fans on both patreon and here what more can you ask for while getting such a great game free.

I too don't like what WA's dev is doing but, so what!, I am not his patreon so I don't go into that game's fourm and sh!t talk about slow updates the most I would do is liking some comments that point that out dev's behaviour and sometimes I feel that even doing that is excessive because I am not paying him and there is no moral ground for me to ask about its update frequency.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
xslayermkdx its a free world. let people do whatever they want, its not you to decide.
I can also have opinions when I see abandoned projects and people are still supporting. I wonder why, since I think they could support active projects, but in the end its their money, not mine.

so, lets say this team is milking and lazy. what u can do is to stop supporting them. but it could be that others are not seeing them as that, but as a team that is working well and reason that development takes time and feel ok with the time frame of updates.

you can think whatever u want, its your rights. but, your "truth" is not universal. its your own. so try to not believe that you have the answer and you have the truth. you can share your belief, and thats fine, as long you try to respect that others have their own belief and understanding. belief is not facts.

thats what I think its the reason we argue so much, we believe our own understanding is the right one. but its not. you are just one person and not a god.

Last edited:
4.90 star(s) 474 Votes