Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Edwin with high asshole counter can sort of approach this already, with the way he threatens and effectively blackmails Lucy into letting him have his way with her during the outing with Felicia. I don't think it'll get much more blatant than that, but there's already some pretty rapey undertones in the game as it is, and it won't surprise me if things skirt closer to that line.
No, there isn't because they still have agency and choice..

Reactions: True_Degenerate

applepie68

Feb 5, 2018
Edwin with high asshole counter can sort of approach this already, with the way he threatens and effectively blackmails Lucy into letting him have his way with her during the outing with Felicia. I don't think it'll get much more blatant than that, but there's already some pretty rapey undertones in the game as it is, and it won't surprise me if things skirt closer to that line.
Oh yeah there is that blackmail scene, forgot about it but yeah rape doesn't have to be done solely through force. I hope to see more like as I slowly have my character walk off the deep end as he tries to balance being a "good" person, indulging, and not pissing his boss off.

TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Technically a person who gets blackmailed or otherwise forced with a threat into sex also had "choice" to pick the alternative, but legally (and commonly) that still qualifies as non-consensual act and a rape.
The whole game's scenario itself is intrinsically skeevy, but it is built on the notion of consent and taking advantage what is quote unquote freely given. Lucy is prostituting herself willingly, full stop. The only leverage the player (and the club) have over her is her selfish desires. In that example, Edwin is certainly taking advantage and abusing his position, but to call it effectively blackmail is off the mark I think.

It's more like workplace sexual harassment. Quid pro quo. :kappa:

Of course, there's a lot fucked up on multiple levels about the entire situation. Using sex to get your son an unfair advantage over other students, the people exploiting that for profit and pleasure, and the whole prostitution ring business in the first place. Even if it's not blackmail, you can't argue it's morally defensible, but Lucy very much can say fuck this.

Ass prefer

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2022
The whole game's scenario itself is intrinsically skeevy, but it is built on the notion of consent and taking advantage what is quote unquote freely given. Lucy is prostituting herself willingly, full stop. The only leverage the player (and the club) have over her is her selfish desires. In that example, Edwin is certainly taking advantage and abusing his position, but to call it effectively blackmail is off the mark I think.

It's more like workplace sexual harassment. Quid pro quo. :kappa:

Of course, there's a lot fucked up on multiple levels about the entire situation. Using sex to get your son an unfair advantage over other students, the people exploiting that for profit and pleasure, and the whole prostitution ring business in the first place. Even if it's not blackmail, you can't argue it's morally defensible, but Lucy very much can say fuck this.
Blyad, Are you talking about some whore being "raped"? this concept does not apply to.

Bacchus1998

Nov 19, 2021
One of the most interesting topics regarding the moral nuances of the characters is that all of them, despite their social facades, have a dark side to be explored and worked on. Lucy is a great example of this, and a fact that caused me a lot of excitement is the contrast presented by her situation in this specific scene: she is inserted in a shameful situation, without really knowing if she is not escaping from the protagonist's hands because she is thinking about her well-being. of your child, or for feeling, in a very fucked up and exciting way, pleasure in the total relinquishment of control.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Out of curiosity i went through my playthrough to check the choices i've made re: Veronica, and this is the rundown:
start at 5
* "Life Coach?" -1 prompt is pretty misleading given it implies it's just a question, but the snark is also pretty spot on. sadly Veronica can't take much of a joke, she'd much rather mock others
* "Turn around and give privacy" +1
* "Be honest with her" -1 you asked a question, you got a honest answer and you are bitching that you actually got treated seriously rather than just dismissed
* "Put hand on shoulder" > "Double Down" +1
* "Hard to say" > "Felicia" -1 technically one could genuinely want to see the entire thing before picking the favorite, but the other prompt makes it clear it's not a polite request so fair enough
(partnered with Rose for the interview, due to promise to help her)
(invited Mina to the gym, reasoning upthread)
* "Want to get in shape" +2
(didn't ask for help with stretching, since game suggested Veronica might be more content if she's left to coach someone she's clearly into, as opposed to getting interrupted by a guy she doesn't like)
* "Tell her not to get complacent" +1
* "Help to get her business on track" on Veronica's path
* "Make sure Veronica is okay" +2
* "Ask if everything is okay" +1
* "Order her to her knees" +0 you tell someone they don't have much of a fang, you're pretty much asking to get challenged on that
* "Share your positive thoughts" +1
* "Try and warm Veronica up" +1
* "Use intimacy to make her squirm" +0 you'd rather not make a girl pee like a dog and you miss out on relationship point as a result. no good deed etc.
* "Scratch Veronica's back" +3
* "Encourage her" +2
* "Offer some validation" +1
* "Put on a good show" +1
... end result: 19 relationship points and 3 points short. You can now proceed to tell me how horrible and dehumanizing was the treatment Veronica suffered at the hands of my Edwin, and how it's totally justified and consistent he'd get blocked from trying to comfort her after the show.

Reactions: @LonelyWolf

TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Out of curiosity i went through my playthrough to check the choices i've made re: Veronica, and this is the rundown:

... end result: 19 relationship points and 3 points short. You can now proceed to tell me how horrible and dehumanizing was the treatment Veronica suffered at the hands of my Edwin, and how it's totally justified and consistent he'd get blocked from trying to comfort her after the show.
Yeah, the gamification side of things can be pretty wonky. The difference of single pleasantry making or breaking her being receptive to a hug when she's at rock bottom is simply ludonarrative dissonance. It's kinda why I don't like to lean on the point system too often, and instead build on other choices.

I've lowered the Veronica hug gate before, and I'm open to adjusting it again, but people always come the other direction and tell me it's reasonable. Any grumbling to the contrary is appreciated for the running tally in my head.

Anyway, don't attribute my shitty game design sense as a Veronica character flaw.

I've been playing a lot of ORS recently and I've come to appreciate both how narrow the range of affection is for determining checks, as well as the general flexibility of the routes.

Just stuff I've been thinking about. I'd very much like to overhaul the point system at a certain point, but the priority is making progress narratively and not breaking anyone's saves. Maybe for the GOTY edition in 2032.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I've lowered the Veronica hug gate before, and I'm open to adjusting it again, but people always come the other direction and tell me it's reasonable. Any grumbling to the contrary is appreciated for the running tally in my head.
Don't worry, i'd actually leave it the way it is. I may use it as excuse to take a pot shot or two at Veronica but the current hug threshold seems good overall -- it makes sense that only really Edwin who has gone extra mile to get to know Veronica ends up in position where they'd consider each other something that might start to look like friends. Especially since Edwin isn't exactly a charismatic extrovert himself.

pinuz1

Feb 13, 2021
1,164 paid members on Patreon...

You think they will risk that for a rape scene? Be serious.
It has nothing to do with the "paid members" on patreon, a rape scene would make no sense and at no point, even if you're playing the most "evil" Edwin you can, would he end up straight up raping anyone. I feel like y'all tend to forget how "realistic" this game tries to be with it's cast of characters and their personalities. And maybe it's because so many AVN or the adult japanese rpgs in this site downplay rape so much and make it so common, you might think any game has space for a rape scene, but Edwin raping someone wouldn't make sense at all.

Dark479

Dec 15, 2023
So between Hana and Mina I rather have only Mina as girlfriend as I don't want the game to start to adding points for cheating on Hana but on that same note I'm not sure how that might work out later in the game and future updates if Hana wants to blow up the club. I feel almost like I'm kinda forced to break off with Mina and go down the Hana girlfriend route if only to maybe have some influence later but I'm not sure. What should I do? Anyone got any tips on how to handle this situation?

Last edited:

Takkatakka

Engaged Member
Nov 11, 2022
So between Hana and Mina I rather have Mina as girlfriend and don't want to go down the route of the game starting to add points for cheating on Hana but on that same not I'm not sure how that might work out later in the game and future updates if Hana wants to blow up the club. I feel almost like I'm kinda forced to break off with Mina and go down the Hana girlfriend route if only to maybe have some influence later but I'm not sure. What should I do? Anyone got any tips on how to handle this situation?
Well...since the story hasn't progressed far enough, that anybody here can know that (well, maybe TD as the actual writer, but he wouldn't tell us), I don't think anybody here can really help you in that regard.

One solution can simply be: Make a save, keep it and then play both paths when the game is progressed further.

Dark479

Dec 15, 2023
Well...since the story hasn't progressed far enough, that anybody here can know that (well, maybe TD as the actual writer, but he wouldn't tell us), I don't think anybody here can really help you in that regard.

One solution can simply be: Make a save, keep it and then play both paths when the game is progressed further.
Fuck...I'll make a save and I'll go down the Mina only girlfriend route while trying to maintain as positive a relationship with Hana as possible. Hope that will be enough to not lock me entirely into a bad ending.

Reactions: Takkatakka

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Fuck...I'll make a save and I'll go down the Mina only girlfriend route while trying to maintain as positive a relationship with Hana as possible. Hope that will be enough to not lock me entirely into a bad ending.
there is no Mina GF route though.... it only exists with Hana. I mean you can probably stay exclusive with Mina if you want, but there is no such commitment on either end.

Dark479

Dec 15, 2023
there is no Mina GF route though.... it only exists with Hana. I mean you can probably stay exclusive with Mina if you want, but there is no such commitment on either end.
I think you mean no Hana gf route...and while you are mostly right in that there seem to be no scenes or anything exclusive to being Hana's boyfriend, it you tell her you like her at the end of Week 3 Part 1, you technically become her boyfriend and the game starts tracking points for "cheating" on her. I rather avoid that minefield if I can help it.

pinuz1

Feb 13, 2021
If anything one way to piss Hana off would be cheating on her, if you stay as fuck-friends and focus on Mina as the future main girl for you save, you should be alright. I'm positive the devs wouldn't lock you into a "bad ending" just for not focusing on Hana.

TD1900

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Baseline Edwin is always friends with Hana for plot reasons. Obviously the nature of your relationship will inform certain things, and make certain angles easier, but you won't be locked into a *bad* end just because you're not screwing. That said, her character specific endings will obviously be dependent on having a relationship, but you're not getting sunk on the club related stuff.

Dark479

Dec 15, 2023
Baseline Edwin is always friends with Hana for plot reasons. Obviously the nature of your relationship will inform certain things, and make certain angles easier, but you won't be locked into a *bad* end just because you're not screwing. That said, her character specific endings will obviously be dependent on having a relationship, but you're not getting sunk on the club related stuff.
Thank you for the reply. Then yeah, I'm definitely going Mina only girlfriend route.

4.90 star(s) 492 Votes