cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
It'd be great if you could make it so we don't have to do things with Larry to be able to do the more interesting options with Scarlet. Why do I have to suck Larry's dick to be able to eat Scarlets pussy in the future?
i have been asking that since versions ago, apparently dev did some poll where sleazebag larry won so he gets to fuck mc.

Reactions: MadfireMonkey

osmcuser132

Modder
Aug 8, 2017
i have been asking that since versions ago, apparently dev did some poll where sleazebag larry won so he gets to fuck mc.
No, the issue is that the dev uses one stat per character (example lewd for Nadia in PB1 IIRC) which increases every time you choose the lewd option and the next lewd scene option is dependent on this stat being max possible value or it is greyed out
That means one wrong choice locks you out off all future content and thus removes all choice from the player besides see/do everything or see nothing.

This was an issue with this dev since PB1

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
No, the issue is that the dev uses one stat per character (example lewd for Nadia in PB1 IIRC) which increases every time you choose the lewd option and the next lewd scene option is dependent on this stat being max possible value or it is greyed out
That means one wrong choice locks you out off all future content and thus removes all choice from the player besides see/do everything or see nothing.

Yup, I very much remember that now that you mention it - and has always been a frustration....

I remember like hey- I wanna see the foursome scene with his friend and the other girl....okay well then guess what, you need to accept every sleazebag advance on Nadia no matter what.

Want a fun sex scene later on? Guess what, to get that you have to shoot up drugs with some gangbangers (or maybe I'm remember wrong and that was different game), still point remains the same, it's not good design.

88stanford88

Aug 12, 2022

Frankly to me it seems that you are judging as a "issue" the basic style that the developer has always used even in the story of the excellent PB1.
I think the closest answer to reality iof this issue is the one written by cxx

This is rare case were the EP2 is totally coherent with EP1 in the adult game world (inconsistent is the ep2 of Anne exciting affection for example)

The developer did a poll concerning Larry among his supporters who are familiar with the writting style of Void Star... and if as it seems the poll was won by those who wanted Larry inside the "lewd" path of the game," I don't see how this could be a issue. He made the poll saying that Larry would be included in Ellie's Lewd path and if someone didn't get it obviously doesn't know the writing style of this artist

This game cannot, and should not have, half-obscene paths--there would be no logical consistency with the progress of the story
in fact Pandora Box 1 is perfectly consistent with this setting, which must not be changed in this episode because it would distort the drama of the story and the resilience shown by these amazing protagonists

In my opinion it is also logical since there is a strong motivation within the story of this unfortunate modern family that despite all the economic problems is trying to get by in a world where if you don't have a solid economic base it is difficult to afford an apartment and pay for your daughter's studies

The part where Ellie decides to help her mom financially I find it wonderful and makes Nadia's daughter the most intense, touching and selfless character , but not only that, Ellie's choice makes her lovable respectful of the sacrifices her mother had to make to avoid the dispatchable division of the families...
in such cases daughters are placed in the care of social services in the real world.

You should know that in these dramatic cases most of the time daughters are put in the care of social services in the real world
The fact that Nadia has managed to maintain a close bond with her daughter all these years makes this story one of the most beautiful and moving (as well as exciting as hell).

The only "issue" with this game is that I still have to wait 3 or 4 months before downloading a new update (usually i DL this every 6 months and i'm still on version 20)... I will wait a few more months more.
but I appreciate that Void Star continues to release short updates every month... this is very professional. (y)

Pandora Box tells the drama of a couple who chose to live together by renting an apartment in a big city and to live on their own.
Nadia and Eugene were not very fortunate and accepted anything so they could live together without asking for parental help. But Eugene has been in prison for almost 20 Years.

The story is wonderful and is consistently written.
I would only humbly ask Void Star to write a third episode or add more flashbacks of Nadia's story during her pregnancy and during the years a she raised her daughter alone!

I believe this is one of the most beautiful stories within an adult game but you can also be a best seller as a book or Tv series

Thanks to Void Star for his magnificent job with this great story!

Even though at the beginning of ep2 I had doubts ....This game is 10/10 for me!

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: quiboune

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017

well ellie gets banged by that sleazebag but at the same time roomie can't get some meat between her lips.

osmcuser132

Modder
Aug 8, 2017
This game cannot, and should not have, half-obscene paths--there would be no logical consistency with the progress of the story
Well, it would be a simple fix to keep a hetero-stat and a lesbian-stat for Ellie and Nadia. That way you can deny Larry and still munch on Scarlet's box.

Because the current implementation makes no sense, it makes more sense to turn this in a Kinetic Novel because the player has no real choice now and would not have a choice in a kinetic novel.

Grizzzzly

Dec 27, 2017
The renders are amazing, but the point system and story line makes no sense at all, just like in part 1. It's basically a choice between "go dirty" and "don't go dirty". Once you start not taking a dirty option, future options are disabled because apparently you don't have enough "points". If you for example don't want Nadia to sleep with the ugly ass neighbor, she won't be masturbating the next day, nor will she be able to sniff Ellie's panties. If Ellie isn't spying on the girls in school, she can't masturbate thinking about Nadia. Etc. So your choice for each character is sex throughout the game or no sex.

Also, in the strange universe of this game, male submission apparently means a man cheating on his girlfriend by "submitting" when hot chicks ask if they can suck his cock.
That Submission point thing was my biggest problem with the last game. It didn't make sense, his points should have just been called Corruption points. Fuck her mom get Submission? Creampie another chick get Submission? Checking this discussion for exactly this point before playing #2, guessing its the same as last.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Because the current implementation makes no sense, it makes more sense to turn this in a Kinetic Novel because the player has no real choice now and would not have a choice in a kinetic novel.
well this is more kn than vn currently.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
I'm surprised this game doesn't have a prostitution tag, bearing in mind two of the MC's are currently prostituting themselves and the other has paid several prostitutes for sex.

• Thinking Face

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
That Submission point thing was my biggest problem with the last game. It didn't make sense, his points should have just been called Corruption points. Fuck her mom get Submission? Creampie another chick get Submission? Checking this discussion for exactly this point before playing #2, guessing its the same as last.
Well they're submission points, because generally he's made to act submissively, rather than the other choices where he doesn't. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

The reason why he gets submission points for the cases you mention, is because in both he's persuaded to do something against his better nature. He has a tendency sometimes to give in to weakness, and other people exploit that.

• Angry

Grizzzzly

Dec 27, 2017
Well they're submission points, because generally he's made to act submissively, rather than the other choices where he doesn't. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

The reason why he gets submission points for the cases you mention, is because in both he's persuaded to do something against his better nature. He has a tendency sometimes to give in to weakness, and other people exploit that.
Sure there were some points that were clearly submission points in the previous game, but lots of points were just him getting laid and enjoying things and points were awarded. I just started the 2nd one, he quite happily has sex in prison, and once again gets submission points for fucking a chick in the shower, and he was pretty happy, and into it, nope no weakness there, just got his dick wet.

In your reasoning "persuaded to do something against his better nature.." well you kind of just defined "corruption." Now submission is bending to the will of a superior, or someone having a superior position, for which the FMC has done over and over and over. Thus she would have submission points as well if your are applying a twisted logic to this.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
Sure there were some points that were clearly submission points in the previous game, but lots of points were just him getting laid and enjoying things and points were awarded. I just started the 2nd one, he quite happily has sex in prison, and once again gets submission points for fucking a chick in the shower, and he was pretty happy, and into it, nope no weakness there, just got his dick wet.

In your reasoning "persuaded to do something against his better nature.." well you kind of just defined "corruption." Now submission is bending to the will of a superior, or someone having a superior position, for which the FMC has done over and over and over. Thus she would have submission points as well if your are applying a twisted logic to this.
In the scene you mention with the woman, she's the one in charge. She tells him to fuck her, and he just goes along with it. Because he's submissive, and when a woman orders him to do something he does it. At the end she demands that he cums inside her. Eugene 'can't think straight anymore and just releases himself to the pleasure'. The clear implication of that, is that Eugene is doing something that's against his better judgement. Because he can't resist a dominant woman.

Being persuaded to do something against your better judgement, IS bending to the will of someone else. I don't see how you can't see that?

Reactions: 88stanford88

Grizzzzly

Dec 27, 2017
In the scene you mention with the woman, she's the one in charge. She tells him to fuck her, and he just goes along with it. Because he's submissive, and when a woman orders him to do something he does it. At the end she demands that he cums inside her. Eugene 'can't think straight anymore and just releases himself to the pleasure'. The clear implication of that, is that Eugene is doing something that's against his better judgement. Because he can't resist a dominant woman.

Being persuaded to do something against your better judgement, IS bending to the will of someone else. I don't see how you can't see that?
Why can't you see your discussion points play into making my points for me.

Kind of a useless discussion, but I will finish my part of it with how your description above describes practically every sexual encounter by the FMC in the last game, not to sure about the current one as I am just trying it now. She gets told in almost every encounter with anyone other than her boyfriend to do things, she is told what do do, that she is a whore, she asks not to get creampied, and they do it anyways. She might be a total slut, but she follows the orders of the other characters, agrees and is dominated by them.

Suffice to say from my perspective, its a very limited scoring system, that does not apply for many of the circumstances that points are given. Many of the scenes require points to see a later action, that has nothing to do with submission. It is a poorly done scoring system and those stats are poorly named.

Otherwise, I like the story, great art, and it is fun. For my part if I don't want to have the male MC submit to licking feet I don't. Nor have the FMC suck a homeless dick I don't. Then I cheat the points when I want to move on, unfortunately I have to cheat a horrible points tracker to enjoy the game.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
Why can't you see your discussion points play into making my points for me.

Kind of a useless discussion, but I will finish my part of it with how your description above describes practically every sexual encounter by the FMC in the last game, not to sure about the current one as I am just trying it now. She gets told in almost every encounter with anyone other than her boyfriend to do things, she is told what do do, that she is a whore, she asks not to get creampied, and they do it anyways. She might be a total slut, but she follows the orders of the other characters, agrees and is dominated by them.

Suffice to say from my perspective, its a very limited scoring system, that does not apply for many of the circumstances that points are given. Many of the scenes require points to see a later action, that has nothing to do with submission. It is a poorly done scoring system and those stats are poorly named.

Otherwise, I like the story, great art, and it is fun. For my part if I don't want to have the male MC submit to licking feet I don't. Nor have the FMC suck a homeless dick I don't. Then I cheat the points when I want to move on, unfortunately I have to cheat a horrible points tracker to enjoy the game.
Hang on we were talking about Eugene and now you're talking about Nadia. Why have you suddenly tried to switch this discussion to another character?

You brought up one example, and I demonstrated what you thought of as just a simple fuck, was actually Eugene getting dominated by a woman. If you can get that so wrong, maybe you're also misinterpreting those other scenes where Eugene is given submission points?

And then we learn that you don't even really play those scenes because you actually hate Eugene dong anything submissive ( fair enough, it's maybe not to everyone's taste). But perhaps, it's not seriously surprising that you have a poor understanding of Eugene's submission content, when most of the time you're actually avoiding those scenes, by using cheats?

Last edited:

bandyta80

Mar 8, 2022
I liked the threesome with the homeless man, it's a shame that Ellie gets into a routine, Larry or another girl when we see her getting fucked by several cocks, that would be good preferably in some club

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
You brought up one example, and I demonstrated what you thought of as just a simple fuck, was actually Eugene getting dominated by a woman. If you can get that so wrong, maybe you're also misinterpreting those other scenes where Eugene is given submission points?
You didn't demonstrate shit. They're right, simplifying the stats too much makes the game pretty much linear and choices pointless and the stats are named wrong to top it off.

Reactions: Grizzzzly

umbongoxxz

May 31, 2023
I liked this one quite a bit!

How do you import a file from the previous game? I haven't touched anything and the save games are in appdata\renpy\pandorasbox1 and 2. The game says I haven't played the previous one. I'll look through the comments but leaving mine here just in case I can't find the solution.

Edit: I gave up after a few pages can't believe people are complaining about certain things. I thought this was great.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
You didn't demonstrate shit. They're right, simplifying the stats too much makes the game pretty much linear and choices pointless and the stats are named wrong to top it off.
Do you actually play the content we're talking about? Or are you another person who's making claims from a position of ignorance? The person who was really talking shit wasn't me. Because I've actually played the content we've been discussing. Whereas, Grizzzzly by his own admission, says that he avoids that content and uses cheats to progress.

Last edited:
Reactions: 88stanford88

Grizzzzly

Dec 27, 2017
Do you actually play the content we're talking about? Or are you another person who's making claims from a position of ignorance. The person who was really talking shit wasn't me. because I've actually played the content, we've been discussing. Whereas, Grizzzzly by his own admission says that he avoids that content, and uses cheats to progress.
Just to clarify, I have seen all the content, finished the second one today. I just choose to keep my good save with cheats and no foot licking or cum eating, but I don't want my future scenes cut off because of that, but for the most part the male MC gets a ton of points for just looking at tits or fucking some hot chick, you know your "submission" moments, and the new girl gets "Lust" for submitting to Larry and getting paid to "do things that are against her nature." My opinion stands for this one, the stats suck, are not named correctly and using those stats to see later scenes is garbage. I still enjoy the game, except this one seems to really be really going hard on the Les content, thats fine but it seems to be a major focus difference from the first one.

3.20 star(s) 29 Votes