I had planned on making releases once a chapter. Do you want that or multiple releases per chapter?

• Total voters

Rycharde's Realm

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2018
Grammarly is to language what AI art is to real, human-generated art. It's a poor substitute for having an experienced human editor and will sometimes give you nonsensical output - like "correcting" things that are actually proper English.
True, but you should see what my pre-Grammarly dialogues are like. :ROFLMAO:

Rycharde's Realm

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2018
Hoo, that overview brought back nightmares of trying to play Pillars of Eternity ;)
I cannot recall that name, but I have severe long-term memory issues, so maybe. :cool:

(looking at Pillars of Eternity, now)

EDIT: I lied... Well, I forgot I should say. That game is on my wishlist on Steam.

Last edited:

TMA987

Jul 3, 2022
heterosexism

I see someone taking the time to point that out, and I see someone who is a heterophobe.
His developer notes drained any interest I could have had in the game. Guy seems more worried about virtue signalling than providing a basic description of his game. If the etymology of the town's name is more important than the premise I guess there's not much to look forward too.

Jul 19, 2020
I cannot recall that name, but I have severe long-term memory issues, so maybe. :cool:

(looking at Pillars of Eternity, now)

EDIT: I lied... Well, I forgot I should say. That game is on my wishlist on Steam.

It was a decent game, but trying to slog through the purple prose AND all of the 'historically-faithful' anglo-saxon/old english, welsh and gaelic language names was exhausting!

Rycharde's Realm

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2018
His developer notes drained any interest I could have had in the game. Guy seems more worried about virtue signalling than providing a basic description of his game. If the etymology of the town's name is more important than the premise I guess there's not much to look forward too.
Nope, the way of Hinxworth does not have a central role in the game, just a side story. A few years ago it did, though not right now.

I did not want to tell too much of the plotline due to the vastness of what I was building, and I didn't know where the story would go. I still do not know where the story will develop, and the size of the story is growing all the time.

It would help if you looked at development wiki I have on Fandom to see the breadth of information I have compiled over the past few years. Portions were developed for other Pangaia games set years in the future, which I have put on hold, most, if not all, will never be reawakened.

You will see gaps in knowledge on various topics, nations, species, etcetera. I'm continually adding details as time progresses, and when I am working on information that ties into it. For instance, one of the characters that will be added a few chapters later, Abidemi Afolabi, a pirate from Takrur, a nation on Afar (think Africa), needed a language; after researching, I decided on Lingala, a Bantu language in west Africa, so I added that yesterday afternoon.

Most of it is more to supply a background to Pangaia. If you want to geek out on what makes Pangaia Pangaia, the in-game codex is where you will want to go, though it needs a lot of work.

I am not trying to talk you into playing this game, just saying there is more to Pangaia Hinxworth than the overview tells. If you want to try it, go for it, if not, search for a game you are more comfortable playing. Either way, enjoy. :cool:

Rycharde's Realm

Game Developer
Jan 17, 2018
It was a decent game, but trying to slog through the purple prose AND all of the 'historically-faithful' anglo-saxon/old english, welsh and gaelic language names was exhausting!
Understand. If you see this game delivering that same exhaustion, I'm sorry to say goodbye as you search for better games.

Kaywye

Mar 6, 2022
I will look into what it takes to build one, as well as test it.

EDIT: I did a bit of reading and found it will take a lot more time and effort for me to learn the ins and outs of porting a game to Android, so I posted my request in the forum's RenPy to Android request thread, instead. ;)
Thank you. I appreciate you looking into the request, and being honest about not having the time/effort to put into it personally. Hopefully there is a hero out there who will do a port for all of us android enthusiasts.

Reactions: Rycharde's Realm
Apr 14, 2021
Damn!

Thanx for this comment. I did not have a male protag listed in my genre listing, instead I did have the futa AND trans protag and female protag in my genre for the above reasons. The F95 staff did the actual genre listing for the thread; going through it and sending word on any errors and additions needed.

Thanx, again.
No problem, never tried making or posting something on here so am not personally familiar with the genre tag process but best of luck with your game and it's tags

Reactions: Rycharde's Realm