VN Ren'Py Abandoned Paradise Falls [Ep. 2] [Magnitude]

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes
May 7, 2017
@Magnitude since your team introduced persistent variables to the saves, I was wondering how do you make sure which save's variables are being transferred to the new updated game? I'm asking since I made 2 saves and run them to the end of the present update, and within them, there were 2 distinct choices that I took, "taking a pic successfully" or "getting caught and telling the truth/lie to a character" (I'm not giving context to those events so as to not spoil it for others). Now within the same topic, if I wish to correct something due to the development of a choice (later updates), do I have to run it through the first update to fix it or play through the update were said choice was taken?

Magnitude

Game Developer
May 28, 2018
@Magnitude since your team introduced persistent variables to the saves, I was wondering how do you make sure which save's variables are being transferred to the new updated game? I'm asking since I made 2 saves and run them to the end of the present update, and within them, there were 2 distinct choices that I took, "taking a pic successfully" or "getting caught and telling the truth/lie to a character" (I'm not giving context to those events so as to not spoil it for others). Now within the same topic, if I wish to correct something due to the development of a choice (later updates), do I have to run it through the first update to fix it or play through the update were said choice was taken?
The variables are saved on your main drive in /users/<youruser>/appdata/roaming/Renpy/persistent/ParadiseFalls.Magnitude
This file saves whatever decision you've made last, so loading a save where the desicion was already made will not alter it for the next episode you play. If you aren't sure what was saved to that file you could always just start a new game, skip through it all, and make the desicions that you want to proceed with in episode 3.

May 7, 2017
The variables are saved on your main drive in /users/<youruser>/appdata/roaming/Renpy/persistent/ParadiseFalls.Magnitude
This file saves whatever decision you've made last, so loading a save where the desicion was already made will not alter it for the next episode you play. If you aren't sure what was saved to that file you could always just start a new game, skip through it all, and make the desicions that you want to proceed with in episode 3.
So we might have to keep the old episodes to change certain outcomes. Will you be introducing, in the effort of minimizing drive's space, a guide of the variables and how to change them in the persistent file?

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Right now this is hard to consider mainly because it would not be very authentic. All the girls would have to be singles and never have sexual thoughts except for MC. Nah...
The best tip I could give you is to just wait and see if the game develops in a way that suits you better. In a couple of episodes things will surely be clearer. I just won't spoil that now. ;-)
i doubt it will change in the future unless as i said you add that option, and since you will not add it this is simply not for me nor will be, its okey if you want to make the game like this, im not complaining , i was just asking and giving you my opinión, nothing more. My point is that many people dont like seeing the girls (potential love interest of the mc) having affairs or love other npcs (wether or not is ntr it doenst matter, the point is that people dont like to see others banging his future waifu/girlfriend etc), simply put it lost my interest and i can tell you many people think the same.
Best of luck with your game;)

FastBullet

May 30, 2017
How do you play episode 1? Or does this include ep1 and 2. If I use the patcher and place the folder into /game nothing happens and if I extract the 2 patcher files in /game folder I get a crash with error report.

blahblah25

Respected User
Apr 19, 2018
Well that update was not worth a download wasn’t interesting enough just meeting new people and parents reunion but that’s just my opinion of course

Reactions: Mr. Vargas

Draakaap23

Dying is always an option
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
I liked the characters and how they intermingle (I'd like to advise the dev not to listen to all the people on f95 who are whining about not being the only guy available to the girls) Have some different things going on for your characters, it is better for the story.
I also liked the quality of the renders and the models used are hot.
What does annoy me is the fact that the game gets cut up into 'stand-alone' chapters, which makes using previous saves with differently made choices a nightmare to use. If I am going to have to reload different chapters and different saves each time, I will probably stop playing and wait till the game gets finished, then play it with a walk-through that gives the most/hottest options and afterwards stop bothering with it.

Reactions: Magnitude

DonStark

May 4, 2017
I'm going to wait one more episode but after that i'm going to forget these game ... great render but damn nothing with the MC ( yes just some boobs licking but that's all ) but we have a scene for Mom and Sam ( dad i think ? ) so right now these game is not for me ... good luck for the future

Aprilia1k

Jul 7, 2017
I've checked out your Patreon and came here after seeing the DL options were abysmal - I assure you that many people just see those repositories and move on to the next dev's page.. I do not mean to criticize, but rather offering my thoughts about how your project might be perceived.

People are generally impressed with dialogue and writing, which is hard to do (clearly there's no way to please everyone, especially when it comes to story and more so for fetish). It's a mistake, imho, to release standalone chapters instead of the traditional "rollup"... if you continue with the project, and people continue to show interest, you will quickly have a maintenance *nightmare* - maintaining multiple, separate deliverables as more feedback comes in, bug reports, etc... Additionally - just an opinion - you will be trying the patience, to varying degree, of everyone who tries to stick with your game. Seriously - get that environment merged, so you've got a single deliverable for the game. Growing pains are a bitch, but hope you stick with it. Good luck! (Remember - if it were easy, everyone would be doing it. Incorporating feedback from so many diverse sources alone is a huge headache, and just the tip of that damn iceberg, eh? I really hope your efforts pay off!)

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017
At first, I spent some time thinking of ways to spread some murder on this smug motherfucker:

upload_2018-7-9_20-47-23.png

Only to find myself accosted by Freedom Rock Daniel Day Lewis:

upload_2018-7-9_20-50-11.png

In between bouts of being confused as to how this is a stew:

upload_2018-7-9_20-51-6.png

Or how anyone gives even the slightest bit of a damn about changing the texture of ginger.

Also, why is the father alternately called Mr W and Mr S? He's Tommy's drug dealer, isn't he?

ssrrxxbr

Oct 20, 2017
A game has to be challenging .. if you (MC) make wrong decisions or do not succeed in conquering, seducing or corrupting a woman another person will (life is like this) .. add other male characters in the plot creates other possibilities in the games ... but every game that someone tries to do something different. The "NTR inquisition" are disturbing the developer to create a boring and boring Harem game ..

L☹VE

Devil May Cry
Donor
Nov 21, 2017
even now this game has zero scenes with MC, they want to add more male to the game, more male = more scenes with them = less scenes with mc, just saying... this was my last post cuz i forgot to unwatch this thread, good luck with game:)

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
I played both episodes already. Interesting story so far. The patch doesn't work on ep1. The instructions for the patch could be clearer though. I took it literally and and copied the patchx folder instead of just the 2 files into the game folder and then it crashed when I launched it. Figured it out though and now it works fine. Not sure I like the idea of doing in episodes that are so short though but somehow episode 2 picks up where you left off but without any saves from episode 1. The choices are pretty simple to figure out right now. Looks like you could avoid the sex scenes if you aren't into them but you would probably miss completing quests if you do, at least I think you would. I like the UI and being able to track your progress on quests. If you miss any of the dialog telling you what to do next you can find it in the quest tracker so everything is well thought out. Didn't find any bugs which is great for such a new game.

Petro28

Sep 11, 2017
This game looks promising I liked both episodes and second one is very good. I'm interested to see more.

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes