VN Ren'Py Abandoned Paradise Falls [Ep. 2] [Magnitude]

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes

NasChoka

Feb 1, 2018
The game looks very good. Especially the characters.

I understand that the developers don't want to make a harem game but maybe it was not clear for everybody. Look at this for example:

You see the mc with 4 girls in bed. I think it was also in this forum for episode 1 but I can't find it.

I am sceptical about the "realistic" approach. It seems to mean more scenes with other characters and less focus on the mc.

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
I wasn't clear enough, by mean "later I guess" is that I'm not touching this game again.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Good riddance, play it or don't, no one cares.

OT, I enjoyed the last patch, still very early obv but interesting. Wasn't expecting the Shane storyline but it's welcome, might be interesting enough, he looks like a grade a douche though ^^
Was a bit caught off guard by the "best friend" (redhead, forgot her name though..), her nipple had no texture which made it look much more "plastic dolly" then anything else in the game. Most likely an oversight and small detail but caught my eye.

May 7, 2017
Hey @Magnitude, since you are willing to reply to some of our doubts I have a few! Well, since you very well intend to introduce an equal ratio of women/men ("to make it realistic"), are all the males going to be rivals? And how will you distribute development between each path for the girls (NTR v/s No NTR: hope they are both equally favoured)?. Since you are not planning to make the game a harem, we will most likely have individual routes with the girls, correct? So how are you planning to distribute the time in development in regards to the possible multitude of routes? And since we could very well be locked out of any other girls routes, or possibly have dire consequences if you try to "share the love", what would be the end-game plan? What would be our objective after fighting pesky rivals and achieving love?

P.S: All the development questions in regards to time can be ignored if you so wish.

Reactions: Magnitude

Magnitude

Game Developer
May 28, 2018
There are some pretty intense opinions out there, for sure! Positive as well as negative, everything is very welcome because, obviously, we can't make a game everyone likes. We'd like to include as much of that feedback as possible, it is just hard to grasp what the majority thinks. As far as the concerns with other male characters go let us tell you that we've learned our lesson with Tommy in the first episode and will handle things accordingly. Anyways, let me just answer this with a quote:

Don't let others try and change your story make the game how you want to make it.
This!! We will not change our story but definitely listen to feedback and try to include as much as possible!

If one episode will contain one game day and go out once a month through how much will it be? In one year? Two?
Well, we don't know. If the wouldn't have duties elsewhere in our lives, then we could answer that. We have a story to tell and would love to be able to tell it the way we think it should be told but we've just started so it would not make sense right now to think a year or two ahead (publically).

1) Well, since you very well intend to introduce an equal ratio of women/men ("to make it realistic"), are all the males going to be rivals?
2) And how will you distribute development between each path for the girls (NTR v/s No NTR: hope they are both equally favoured)?.
3) Since you are not planning to make the game a harem, we will most likely have individual routes with the girls, correct? So how are you planning to distribute the time in development in regards to the possible multitude of routes?
4) And since we could very well be locked out of any other girls routes, or possibly have dire consequences if you try to "share the love", what would be the end-game plan? What would be our objective after fighting pesky rivals and achieving love?

P.S: All the development questions in regards to time can be ignored if you so wish.
1) Not all males are going to be rivals.
2) As stated before, once you begin a relationship with a girl there will not be NTR. We don't want that.
3) This is far in the future. Multiple routes where everyone could play his favorite path / reach his favorite ending would be AWESOME!! However, we would have to have a team to be able to create enough content for all the routes on a regular basis. I remember playing BB (I was a huge fan for a while) and waiting for months after months for my favorite path to proceed. That wasn't fun.
4) This question implies that we already know how much depth the game will ultimately have, which we don't so I can't really answer this. We'd love to make it diverse with routes and mutliple endings but then we would have to work full time on the game plus a team that helps us out. You gotta understand how much work this is. It doesn't look like it but episode 2 has hundreds of hours of work behind it.

Edit: formatting

May 7, 2017
@Magnitude I understand (not in-depth but) what it implies to create games, my second question was in regards to failures (NTR results) in which you don't fare well in seducing the girl and how much that is touch upon. My third question, was as well trying to scope out your vision on that subject, (just in the OP there are 7 girls, missing the secretary) so I wanted to know if you are "really" planning on doing everyone dateable or are you going to state at a later date who is romanceable?. And yes, the last question is really hard to grasp and state anything on it but since you've lead us on the premise that this isn't a harem game, and this being somewhat of a "dating game" what else are we supposed to do in-game? Disentangling and uncovering the dirt on others while procuring the wellbeing of your family, loved ones and friends (foregoing the dating premise since that is already answered)?

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
As far as the concerns with other male characters go let us tell you that we've learned our lesson with Tommy in the first episode and will handle things accordingly.
Sorry, what concerns?
Don't tell me you're already changing the game cause the "everything which isn't harem" haters started spamming you. To be honest I don't like the answers above, it seems pretty far from the "freedom of creativity" I was hoping. I'll wait to see how things develop before deciding to support, good luck.

Hadgar

Jun 2, 2017
@Magnitude , Thanks for the answer. I like projects where everything happens quickly (Milfy City for example), I also like projects where the relationship develops slowly like in the "A Wife And Mother " and "Dual Family". I'm wondering what will happen next with Connor and his family. I understand that the developers have a life apart from the development of games (to our misfortune :confused:) only the current tempo looks too slow. Will the game have time skips to speed up the plot?

Reactions: mineiros123
3.70 star(s) 3 Votes