MrBlueLad

May 27, 2017
I don't suppose anyone can help me actually get the game running? I've tried all three methos of starting the game, and all that ends out happening is the icon appearing at the bottom and then nothing actually happens. Tried running the .exe with the full-screen optimisations turned off. Any ideas?
I use Windows 10 and have a pretty beefy computer setup so I'm a bit confused as to why it won't actually run.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I don't suppose anyone can help me actually get the game running? I've tried all three methos of starting the game, and all that ends out happening is the icon appearing at the bottom and then nothing actually happens. Tried running the .exe with the full-screen optimisations turned off. Any ideas?
I use Windows 10 and have a pretty beefy computer setup so I'm a bit confused as to why it won't actually run.
Could it be that the game shows up outside your screen, like if you have multiple displays?

If you start the game from the bat file there should be a cmd window also. Is that also not visible? If it is visible, what does it say?

Reactions: Henry73au

MrBlueLad

May 27, 2017
Could it be that the game shows up outside your screen, like if you have multiple displays?

If you start the game from the bat file there should be a cmd window also. Is that also not visible? If it is visible, what does it say?
So when I load the .bat file at first the cmd window shows up and then it freezes. If I cycle through to a different window (Alt+Tab), it unfreezes and says something about 'Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue" java.lang.Illegal ArgumentException : Invalid Display mode. And I don't have multiple monitors. I don't get why this is happening, previous versions of the game always worked just fine.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
So when I load the .bat file at first the cmd window shows up and then it freezes. If I cycle through to a different window (Alt+Tab), it unfreezes and says something about 'Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue" java.lang.Illegal ArgumentException : Invalid Display mode. And I don't have multiple monitors. I don't get why this is happening, previous versions of the game always worked just fine.
Sounds like the resolution and/or refresh rate of your monitor is not supported by the game. Did you change any of that recently? A few people who used a custom refresh rate reported problems playing the game.

MrBlueLad

May 27, 2017
Sounds like the resolution and/or refresh rate of your monitor is not supported by the game. Did you change any of that recently? A few people who used a custom refresh rate reported problems playing the game.
Well I feel like a dingbat. Changed the resolution and played with my refresh rate, and boom, it works. Thanks for the help dude! Great game, glad to play again!

elmandor

Respected User
Mar 6, 2017
anyone know any timeline for the next update? played this game for the first time the other day and need the ending! cliffhangers :(
From last patreon post ;

''I don't want to rush things, so I will just take my time with it, but unless something unforseen happens, I should be ready for release early in October at the latest.''

ARB582

Jan 6, 2018
From last patreon post ;

''I don't want to rush things, so I will just take my time with it, but unless something unforseen happens, I should be ready for release early in October at the latest.''
Haven't been following this game for while. Is that gonna be the last update?

Edit: NVM just read the devs post on the prev page.
Looking forward to the ending, will definitely start a new game to get the whole experience

LordThird

Jul 24, 2020
So, the game worked fine for me yesterday but I get on today and there is no sound and all the videos are superr fast for some reason. saving quiting and reloading doesn't change anything. I alos have sound on in the cheat menu

4.30 star(s) 106 Votes