max_z_smith

Memberen't
Donor
Dec 30, 2016
I tried to make everything clear in the instructions, including what to look for to verify that you did the steps correctly. What could be added in the instructions to make it clearer?
Ah wait my bad, I had derped and not read the instructions clearly and overwritten the pf.jar. I managed to recover it from a backup, and installed/updated from there. Sorry about that.

Also in answer to my prior question, a working install should look like this:

while the media folder should be like this:

Last edited:

puffyshirt

Game Developer
Jan 22, 2021
Ah wait my bad, I had derped and not read the instructions clearly and overwritten the pf.jar. I managed to recover it from a backup, and installed/updated from there. Sorry about that.

Also in answer to my prior question, a working install should look like this:

while the media folder should be like this:
Yes, that is for someone using v0.10.01 and the update pack. For someone using only v0.11 and the full media pack there will be less files and folders -- if you see the girl folders you are good.

max_z_smith

Memberen't
Donor
Dec 30, 2016
Hmm, the "credits" button only shows the names of the people who contributed to the game. I know it used to show the names of the models, was that intentionally removed due to Patreon issues?

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Hmm, the "credits" button only shows the names of the people who contributed to the game. I know it used to show the names of the models, was that intentionally removed due to Patreon issues?
Since I had to remove all adult media from the game it wouldn't make sense to keep their names. Anyone making a media pack can of course add a text file to the media pack and mention the names they use.

Reactions: max_z_smith

Thjis

May 19, 2017
Well I tried to update from 10 with no success, then I tried going with 11 beta and then adding the mod pack to the Media file and still no videos. Unfortunately I don't have a copy of 10.1 pf.jar. Does anyone know if starting a new game will fix this? Before I get the questions. Yes I clicked the media button, yes I installed the Media pack into media folder. Since I was using 11 I used the 11 pack...It does not show subscriberstar. So I am unsure what step I missed. If anyone has an idea.
So I was able to eventually update my game, and have media working. It was as bit of a clumsy effort on my part. Perhaps it would be made clearer for others if someone could post what the main game and /media folders are supposed to look like, when the game is properly updated? I would do it, but I'm fairly certain my install has a lot of duplication/excess files.

Edit: I think part of the problem is that for at least one of the patches in the past, I went with the exe version, not the .jar version. So my .jar of the existing v10.x install is tiny.
I fixed mine by downloading the 11 beta then downloading the 10 and moving the .jar It is now working.

puffyshirt

Game Developer
Jan 22, 2021
Well I tried to update from 10 with no success, then I tried going with 11 beta and then adding the mod pack to the Media file and still no videos. Unfortunately I don't have a copy of 10.1 pf.jar. Does anyone know if starting a new game will fix this? Before I get the questions. Yes I clicked the media button, yes I installed the Media pack into media folder. Since I was using 11 I used the 11 pack...It does not show subscriberstar. So I am unsure what step I missed. If anyone has an idea.

I fixed mine by downloading the 11 beta then downloading the 10 and moving the .jar It is now working.
I don't know what went wrong, maybe you tried to use the update pack when you needed the full media pack. If you download the 5 GB media pack, it's very simple, as described in the instructions. One step: Extract the files directly in the media folder of v0.11, overwriting anything. That's it.

Reactions: ZenGarden

BoredPenguin

Aug 21, 2020
Honestly it was a great idea for a workaround to patreon's nonsense. I like that it opens up modding potential, too. It'll be a little bit of a challenge to find images and videos that fit using the right models, so I'm not sure if anyone will bother, but I like that the option's there now.

It's frustrating how difficult it's becoming to publish *any* adult content. Really don't understand the puritanical stance coming from the banks and credit companies that's causing this stuff but, especially with digital media, there aren't a lot of ways to get around using the major banks so they have an enormous amount of control over sites like patreon.

Paprika

Aug 14, 2017
I wonder if Subscribestar is so bad for some reason, that devs prefer to cater to every patreon's whim than switch to an alternative. I guess they make less money because Subscribestar is not ass well established as Patreon or something. Patreon might just ban adult content altogether at some point, so at lest would be a good idea to have a back up platform.

Vao91

Aug 9, 2016
I wonder if Subscribestar is so bad for some reason, that devs prefer to cater to every patreon's whim than switch to an alternative. I guess they make less money because Subscribestar is not ass well established as Patreon or something. Patreon might just ban adult content altogether at some point, so at lest would be a good idea to have a back up platform.
Which would be silly since a major chunk of business is ethots....

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
0.11 have I got all?
Total 35%
Angela 28%
Antonella 46%
Avery 93%
Jane 36%
Jolee 48%
Krissy 0%
Kylie 33&
Kyra 17%

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
GRasputin I'm stuck with older sister on 52% for long time now, I can progrees with other characters but not with older sister, I have been repeating the event with her in the living room at night for weeks and I still can't get through.
Can you help me with this?

Here is my save.

coincoing

Nov 21, 2019
hello ,
Sorry for my bad english, but for someone with problem for black screen in the game, you must put all directories (except _asset)
,for exemple : angela, antonnela, etc...in media directory, and overwrite files who are in _assets.

et voila...

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
GRasputin I'm stuck with older sister on 52% for long time now, I can progrees with other characters but not with older sister, I have been repeating the event with her in the living room at night for weeks and I still can't get through.
Can you help me with this?

Here is my save.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.30 star(s) 106 Votes