MrXV

Oct 3, 2017
Well, you have two Kylies running around. :LOL: How did that happen? LOL
I have to look at this.
I misclicked and typed Kylie o nthe other. That's how that happened lol. It's the two diff girls. Not the same kylie afaik. Just me mistyping the names and a lil fuck up on me.

RsL7248

Jun 5, 2020
i'm stuck at 96% , kyra said she'd help me with Jane(Mom) and then nothing has happened , jane is yellow and Julia is sometimes yellow too, , the therapist is green on somedays

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I misclicked and typed Kylie o nthe other. That's how that happened lol. It's the two diff girls. Not the same kylie afaik. Just me mistyping the names and a lil fuck up on me.
Haha, yeah I just noticed that in the save file. Problem is, this fucked up the game pretty badly. It would take me a lot of time sorting through this mess. Even then I'm not sure I can fix it. You have only completed 13% of the game, so it's better if you just restart the game. Sorry.

MrXV

Oct 3, 2017
Haha, yeah I just noticed that in the save file. Problem is, this fucked up the game pretty badly. It would take me a lot of time sorting through this mess. Even then I'm not sure I can fix it. You have only completed 13% of the game, so it's better if you just restart the game. Sorry.
Well, yeah, Thansk for the help though and info lol. Guess this is a warning for others. Dont accidently name the girls the same thing. I guess it fuckx with variables in the coding with the names. Since the game i assume goes by the names for events and such.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Just curious, how flexible is Java when editing? For example, if I want to change my relationship with the therapist (as I do with the 3 at home), would it be easy to make a variable and add it along the code?

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Well, yeah, Thansk for the help though and info lol. Guess this is a warning for others. Dont accidently name the girls the same thing. I guess it fuckx with variables in the coding with the names. Since the game i assume goes by the names for events and such.
Actually, you got me thinking and I realized that (I think) the only issue is that you have two rooms called Kylie's room and that will always place any Kylie in the first room (for the younger sister) so you miss out on all events for the older. Open your save file and rename the second Kylie to Kyra or whatever you want, and then you should be able to start playing Kyra's event. I think that will be enough to fix it but I can't guarantee it.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
i'm stuck at 96% , kyra said she'd help me with Jane(Mom) and then nothing has happened , jane is yellow and Julia is sometimes yellow too, , the therapist is green on somedays
Try playing a week or two and it might solve itself. Some stuff at the end takes time.

Summin

Mar 8, 2018
Actually, you got me thinking and I realized that (I think) the only issue is that you have two rooms called Kylie's room and that will always place any Kylie in the first room (for the younger sister) so you miss out on all events for the older. Open your save file and rename the second Kylie to Kyra or whatever you want, and then you should be able to start playing Kyra's event. I think that will be enough to fix it but I can't guarantee it.
Dude, you're an awesome dev. With a fantastic game. Thanks for all the help you give here, as well as work you do. Looking forward to a lot more. Also, that ending for this update. Excellent!

Reactions: Alcahest

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Just curious, how flexible is Java when editing? For example, if I want to change my relationship with the therapist (as I do with the 3 at home), would it be easy to make a variable and add it along the code?
Depends on what you mean. Taking your example, all girls already have a relationship variable because it is part of their girl class in the code, and it is listed in the save file. To increase the therapist's relationship you can just set the value in the save file, but it won't do anything since the value is never used in the game.

But talking in general about editing the game code, for you as a player, you can do it but it requires some work and knowledge. You can do it using a tool for editing Java bytecode. The cheat mod listed in the OP does just that.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Depends on what you mean. Taking your example, all girls already have a relationship variable because it is part of their girl class in the code, and it is listed in the save file. To increase the therapist's relationship you can just set the value in the save file, but it won't do anything since the value is never used in the game.

But talking in general about editing the game code, for you as a player, you can do it but it requires some work and knowledge. You can do it using a tool for editing Java bytecode. The cheat mod listed in the OP does just that.
Thank you for your fast response, and sorry if I wasn't obvious. What I meant was a relationship like the girls at home have. I can make them mother and sisters for example. I want to add some kind of relationship to the therapist and others, like childhood friend, cousin, godmother, aunt, teacher, etc. That's why I mentioned the variable, since I guess it needs to be defined for the game to use it afterwards. Or can I use the save file and simply add relations on the "#landlady#friend#friend#tenant#" line? Is java that dynamic?

MrXV

Oct 3, 2017
Started a new save with the default names and all. And now a lot more events that i've not seen fired. Also progression makes more sense now and stuff. But yeah, I missed all of the Kyra events in that save cause there no kyras room lol.

Reactions: Alcahest

RsL7248

Jun 5, 2020
Try playing a week or two and it might solve itself. Some stuff at the end takes time.
I"ve played probablyl a couple months further , then i was at the point where kyra said she'd help out , and still stuck at 96% , Angela(therapist) at 77% , Antonella 100%. Avery 100%, Jane 95% jolee 100% Julia 87% Krissy 100%, Kylie 96% Kyra 100% , and still stuck

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I"ve played probablyl a couple months further , then i was at the point where kyra said she'd help out , and still stuck at 96% , Angela(therapist) at 77% , Antonella 100%. Avery 100%, Jane 95% jolee 100% Julia 87% Krissy 100%, Kylie 96% Kyra 100% , and still stuck
Give me the save file and I'll take a look.

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Thank you for your fast response, and sorry if I wasn't obvious. What I meant was a relationship like the girls at home have. I can make them mother and sisters for example. I want to add some kind of relationship to the therapist and others, like childhood friend, cousin, godmother, aunt, teacher, etc. That's why I mentioned the variable, since I guess it needs to be defined for the game to use it afterwards. Or can I use the save file and simply add relations on the "#landlady#friend#friend#tenant#" line? Is java that dynamic?
No, you can't add it that way because I haven't told the game what to do with another string after tenant and when to use that string. You can change anything by editing the Java bytecode though. Say you want the therapist to be your godmother, okay, but where in the game should it say that? If you just want to add "She is your godmother" to the info on the left when playing events with her, you can easily do that by simply adding that line in the place where her info is stored.

Last edited:

RsL7248

Jun 5, 2020
I advanced to Midday and played the new event with Angela and then other new events was triggered. Did you maybe play the infirmary event by mistake?
the imfirmary scene was green , so i guess i did and she's still green every time it shows up

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
No, you can't add it that way because I haven't told the game what to do with another string after tenant and when to use that string. You can change anything by editing the Java bytecode though. Say you want the therapist to be your godmother, okay, but where in the game should it say that? If you just want to add "She is your godmother" to the info on the left when playing events with her, you can easily do that by simply adding that line in the place where her info is stored.
Sorry, I used a "false friend" when translating my language to english. String is what I meant, not variable. I know programming logic, although java syntax I don't know much, that's why I asked about how flexible java is. Probably I didn't explain well on the previous posts what I meant. I was trying to mentioning the way of defining a string at start of the code and calling it when needed. I guess I need to study it's syntax better before I dive deeper into that, thanks again and good luck on your game :)

4.40 star(s) 107 Votes