lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Im encountering the same issue too.

i deleted the persistent data and it still gives me the error
Did you try use an old save from an older build? If so, that's likely sprung the error.
Otherwise, give the deets on what caused the error and what system you're on.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Alderian news and pin-up poll results:~

Hey guys,
first things first, Suffice to say, Captain Nyx won the next Pin-up poll, you guys can expect to see her pin-up soon(ish!)

Secondly, the main update is going well, only a few missing pieces remaining that still need designing but I'm confident the build will be out mid to late this month and we're very excited for it.

One thing I'm going to do is seperate Captain Nyx's quest into two parts. One, due to the fact I believe trying to implement it all now will result in a delay, and secondly, I'm going to move the second half of her quest to coincide with the Mages of Palam quest during the next content build - This will allow players not interested in futa content to still have something to look forward to.

Secondly, we've had enough submissions in now that shortly, we'll be posting up a new poll with the idea entries. Thank you to everyone who submitted their ideas.

There's not much else to talk about right now, as usual, we're just hard at work and getting on with it. If you guys have any questions, drop us a message below or over on the discord as usual.

As always,
thank you guys so much for your support!

-The Damned Studios Team

xenohoe

May 2, 2020
I tried everything possible to make Gallery Mod works but it keeps giving me an Error upon game launch, is there anyway to fix ? or if anyone can provide their Full Save or anything at all hahaha.

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
Alright, Alright, Alriiiiiight I loaded a save from September of last year after I cleared Persistent Data in the options link, the error message that normally comes up when it can't show a render does, then I get to start from the beginning again typing in my name as I did back then, SO how do I start from my saved gave, or is there a patch I am missing?

Cirex101

Jun 4, 2022
Alright, Alright, Alriiiiiight I loaded a save from September of last year after I cleared Persistent Data in the options link, the error message that normally comes up when it can't show a render does, then I get to start from the beginning again typing in my name as I did back then, SO how do I start from my saved gave, or is there a patch I am missing?
You don't. Saves don't carry over from previous versions yet. Unfortunately you'll have to start from the beginning again.

Reactions: 7empest5teele

JF2500

Aug 21, 2022
Just downloaded this game for the first time ever. Started it up with the gallery unlocker installed. Got this error:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/gallery_functions.rpy", line 1, in script
default persistent.galleryUnlocks = UnlockAllGalleryEntries()
File "game/gallery_functions.rpy", line 1, in execute
File "game/gallery_functions.rpy", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'UnlockAllGalleryEntries' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "F:\groupings\downloads\ParasiteBlack-0.148-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "F:\groupings\downloads\ParasiteBlack-0.148-pc\renpy\main.py", line 558, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/future/utils/__init__.py", line 441, in raise_
File "game/gallery_functions.rpy", line 1, in execute
File "F:\groupings\downloads\ParasiteBlack-0.148-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/gallery_functions.rpy", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'UnlockAllGalleryEntries' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
Parasite Black 0.148
Sun Jun 11 09:56:36 2023
Trying to debug, if I move default persistent.galleryUnlocks = UnlockAllGalleryEntries() to the bottom, below the init python: block, I get this error:
AttributeError: 'RevertableDict' object has no attribute 'append'

Last edited:

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
You don't. Saves don't carry over from previous versions yet. Unfortunately, you'll have to start from the beginning again.
This isn't some linear kinetic novel where everything is carved out for you on a silver platter ready to just be considered and enjoyed by the reader though, there are steps that we have taken, mapping things out, going into new lands getting items, that I would LIKE if we had a cheat option to finish them, especially now, BUT looking through the 42 saves I have here, I am going to enjoy talking about that long journey again.

Edit: is this the SAME game?
I do not recall a sister who happens to be an Inquisitor of all things...the name kind of screams it out really, I remember heading to the front lines almost right away...see... it's good to start over again.

Last edited:

RisingMan

Feb 14, 2018
Hi everybody,
i am missing one scene with Nijah:

1686492065159.png

Can anyone tell me how to achieve it?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
I just received what looks like some sturdy protective armor, that I CANNOT EQUIP.
I am still using the shitty leather crap I purchased when I could afford it, and the other armor isnt even in my backpack TO equip.
ALSO Where are the weapons here, I cant even get a fcking butter knife from the blacksmith, so what am I using too fight, my practice sword, my fists, a rubber dildo?

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
I just received what looks like some sturdy protective armor, that I CANNOT EQUIP.
I am still using the shitty leather crap I purchased when I could afford it, and the other armor isnt even in my backpack TO equip.
ALSO Where are the weapons here, I cant even get a fcking butter knife from the blacksmith, so what am I using too fight, my practice sword, my fists, a rubber dildo?
You don't need any of those things to fight yet. The game hasn't yet integrated any scaling for enemies/levelling for the player.

All you'll need is potions. Your character auto fights with a sword or you'll be in your parasite form for combat.

Reactions: 7empest5teele

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
You don't need any of those things to fight yet. The game hasn't yet integrated any scaling for enemies/levelling for the player.

All you'll need is potions. Your character auto fights with a sword or you'll be in your parasite form for combat.
So the armor we get to wear is just cosmetic and aesthetic.

4.30 star(s) 74 Votes