lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Developers Update

Hey guys,

Progress is going steadily. Changes are happening almost daily in terms of combat and other aspects, so hopefully, we will be able to put together a test video soon to showcase the progress we've made. Suffice it to say, it's shaping up very nicely.

The script for the Captain Nyx/Mages of Palam update is quite extensive, to the point where I believe the update will need to be split into two parts to cover all the ground we want. However, we are very excited and pleased with the current progress and believe it will be a great update!

That's all the news for now. If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments section or in our Discord.

As always, thank you all for your support. You guys are awesome!

Love, Raven and Jim

1695903596969.png

0pis

Aug 29, 2019
Developers Update

Hey guys,

Progress is going steadily. Changes are happening almost daily in terms of combat and other aspects, so hopefully, we will be able to put together a test video soon to showcase the progress we've made. Suffice it to say, it's shaping up very nicely.

The script for the Captain Nyx/Mages of Palam update is quite extensive, to the point where I believe the update will need to be split into two parts to cover all the ground we want. However, we are very excited and pleased with the current progress and believe it will be a great update!

That's all the news for now. If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments section or in our Discord.

Love, Raven and Jim

View attachment 2963464
How far in the future do you plan to make reunion with our ginger inquisitor, her name was Erika I believe, with "intense interrogation session" at the end, if you know what I mean ;).

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
How far in the future do you plan to make reunion with our ginger inquisitor, her name was Erika I believe, with "intense interrogation session" at the end, if you know what I mean ;).
Erika will definitely be playing more of a prominent role in Act 2 onwards~

\\_Tremolo_//

Jul 1, 2022
Developers Update

Hey guys,

Love, Raven and Jim

View attachment 2963464
Niiice, also looking forward to see more future content with Elena (aka That One Furry Hottie:devilish:), hope you guys won't forget about her;)
FZF2qGiWIAIcmir.jpg

KillerBee487

Sep 18, 2022
Yo guys. What a gem this is. I just waited too long to try it, but now it has won me over as a great fan.
I just a few questions about the Nijah Quest:
1.- Which are the paths here? Save her and develop a romantic route with her or selling her? Or there's another one?
2.- Does it matter the choose between saving her raiding the brothel or poisoning the leader?
3.- If I choose to poisoning the leader, do i still have the option to have sex with the girl who appears in the entrance of the brothel?
Thank u guys anyway!

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
when will the old saves have any worth i cant keep playing it from the start.
Boy do I have good news for you.
The next build along with tackling improving combat comes with a feature allowing you to jump in where you left off by selecting the missions and choices you've made to complete them.

Its a temp solution till saves actually work, but no more having to hard restart.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Yo guys. What a gem this is. I just waited too long to try it, but now it has won me over as a great fan.
I just a few questions about the Nijah Quest:
1.- Which are the paths here? Save her and develop a romantic route with her or selling her? Or there's another one?
2.- Does it matter the choose between saving her raiding the brothel or poisoning the leader?
3.- If I choose to poisoning the leader, do i still have the option to have sex with the girl who appears in the entrance of the brothel?
Thank u guys anyway!
1.) With Nijah, your choices are 1.) Help her flee. 2.) Betray her for coin. 3.) Save her through whatever means and then optionally start a romantic relationship with her. ALTERNATIVELY, pimp her out.
2.) It doesn't matter now, though some of the choices will have an impact in the future. You can also start a rebellion between the rival gang factions.
3.) You should be able to return to the brothel after the carnage has settled after a week or two. There will be a scene of Erika and inquisitors investigating the site should you rip and tear your way through.

Glad you're enjoying the game!

• Red Heart
Reactions: KillerBee487

KillerBee487

Sep 18, 2022
Hey again! How can i find the keys to open the chained box close to the lake? I can't beat the goddamn slime and i think it has something to do with it

KillerBee487

Sep 18, 2022
Hey again! How can i find the keys to open the chained box close to the lake? I can't beat the goddamn slime and i think it has something to do with it
Man i'm fucking stupid. I just found about the damn belt and now i get how to beat that fucking slime hahaha

Oct 23, 2018
Just passing here to say this game is amazing! Great story, art, characters with personality and depth, im playing since the first release and im happy you guys could get into steam, i already wishlisted too! So finally i would love more Captain Nyx and Elena content, they are both cute and fierce this a great combo hahaha, best of lucky guys :)

Reactions: KillerBee487

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017

Alderian News!

Hey guys, time for another update on current progress and things.
Progress is going nicely, currently pushing to get the art needed out as quickly as possible, combat is steadily improving as we go.

As well as pretty much ripping out the guts of combat and adding all new aspects to it such as skills, one thing we have done is re-work the UI around combat itself into something we think will be far more user friendly. Check it out below so you'll get a glimpse of how combat should look moving forward.

Suffice to say, combat should feel much, MUCH better and is already leaps and bounds ahead of what we had before.

In other news:-
We're currently looking into a few other things that will hopefully make the game more accessible, but we just need to check a couple things first. More on that hopefully soon.

That's about all I've got to say for now,

as always, thank you all so much for your support,
if you have anymore questions, please ask them below or over on the discord and we'll try to get back to you when we can.
Love,

-The Damned Studios Team

You WILL eat your veggies!

...Don't forget, if you haven't already, please wishlist the game on Steam to help out the development!
Link here:

\\_Tremolo_//

Jul 1, 2022
Alderian News!

Progress is going nicely, currently pushing to get the art needed out as quickly as possible, combat is steadily improving as we go.

As well as pretty much ripping out the guts of combat and adding all new aspects to it such as skills, one thing we have done is re-work the UI around combat itself into something we think will be far more user friendly. Check it out below so you'll get a glimpse of how combat should look moving forward.

Suffice to say, combat should feel much, MUCH better and is already leaps and bounds ahead of what we had before.

We're currently looking into a few other things that will hopefully make the game more accessible, but we just need to check a couple things first. More on that hopefully soon.

if you have anymore questions, please ask them below or over on the discord and we'll try to get back to you when we can.
Love,

-The Damned Studios Team

...Don't forget, if you haven't already, please wishlist the game on Steam to help out the development!
Link here:
shia-labeouf-clapping.gif
YES!

Reactions: Captain Nyx Enjoyer

0pis

Aug 29, 2019
Alderian News!

Love,

-The Damned Studios Team

Link here:
View attachment y2mate.com - M Bison Yes Yes Widescreen HD reupload_720p.mp4

August 1st

Mar 15, 2021
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 275, in script
python:
python:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 279, in <module>
renpy.call_in_new_context("_main_menu")
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 479, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
AttributeError: Can't get attribute 'ItemStorage' on <renpy.python.StoreModule object at 0x000000000448b250>

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\main.py", line 670, in main
run(restart)
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\main.py", line 144, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 953, in run_context
context.run()
python:
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/future/utils/__init__.py", line 444, in raise_
python:
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\game.py", line 353, in call_in_new_context
return renpy.execution.run_context(False)
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 953, in run_context
context.run()
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/future/utils/__init__.py", line 444, in raise_
python hide:
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3579, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4540, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1177, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1177, in event
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 770, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 279, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 1138, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 1071, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 375, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
renpy.load(fn)
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 812, in load
roots, log = loads(log_data)
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\compat\pickle.py", line 100, in loads
return load(io.BytesIO(s))
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\compat\pickle.py", line 97, in load
return up.load()
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\compat\pickle.py", line 93, in find_class
return super().find_class(module, name)
AttributeError: Can't get attribute 'ItemStorage' on <renpy.python.StoreModule object at 0x000000000448b250>

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.1.23060707
Parasite Black 0.149
Fri Oct 6 10:45:37 2023

Last edited:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
please help
Can you put that giant error output in SPOILER tags, please? (Edit your message, select all the text, and then pick the "Spoiler" option from the menu in the toolbar above the message.) Also, lostraven, from the Damned Studios team is on F95 from time to time, so hopefully they can help you once they're back again.

brorpag

Nov 22, 2020
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
python:
python:
renpy.load(fn)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\main.py", line 670, in main
run(restart)
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\main.py", line 144, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
context.run()
python:
python:
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\game.py", line 353, in call_in_new_context
return renpy.execution.run_context(False)
context.run()
python hide:
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3579, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4540, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 770, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 279, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 1138, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 1071, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 375, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
renpy.load(fn)
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 812, in load
roots, log = loads(log_data)
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\compat\pickle.py", line 100, in loads
return load(io.BytesIO(s))
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\compat\pickle.py", line 97, in load
return up.load()
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\compat\pickle.py", line 93, in find_class
return super().find_class(module, name)

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.1.23060707
Parasite Black 0.149
Fri Oct 6 10:45:37 2023
did you clear the cache? its in options

4.30 star(s) 74 Votes