lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 275, in script
python:
python:
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 279, in <module>
renpy.call_in_new_context("_main_menu")
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 479, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
AttributeError: Can't get attribute 'ItemStorage' on <renpy.python.StoreModule object at 0x000000000448b250>

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\main.py", line 670, in main
run(restart)
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\main.py", line 144, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 953, in run_context
context.run()
python:
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/future/utils/__init__.py", line 444, in raise_
python:
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 279, in <module>
renpy.call_in_new_context("_main_menu")
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\game.py", line 353, in call_in_new_context
return renpy.execution.run_context(False)
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 953, in run_context
context.run()
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/future/utils/__init__.py", line 444, in raise_
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
python hide:
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
python hide:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
ui.interact()
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3579, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4540, in interact_core
rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1177, in event
rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1177, in event
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 770, in event
rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 279, in event
rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 1138, in event
return handle_click(self.clicked)
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 1071, in handle_click
rv = run(action)
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 375, in run
return action(*args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 479, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 812, in load
roots, log = loads(log_data)
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\compat\pickle.py", line 100, in loads
return load(io.BytesIO(s))
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\compat\pickle.py", line 97, in load
return up.load()
File "D:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc_2\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\compat\pickle.py", line 93, in find_class
return super().find_class(module, name)
AttributeError: Can't get attribute 'ItemStorage' on <renpy.python.StoreModule object at 0x000000000448b250>

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.1.23060707
Parasite Black 0.149
Fri Oct 6 10:45:37 2023
First, delete persistent data in options. Game will reboot, use fresh save(s) - see if issue continues.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
1697238688646.png

Alderian News!

Hey guys,
Just checking in to let you guys know on the latest progress and things!

So first and foremost, we're pushing hard with the 0.150 update art and coding wise etc. If you've been keeping up with my previous posts, you've probably got a good idea that this one is pretty huge.

Now, I've held back from mentioning this previously, as I didn't want to mention it till we were sure it was at least viable, but...

-For a long time, we've recieved numerous requests about the game possibly getting translations into different languages, and now, using a tool and weblate we've (hopefully), integrated into the game, our hope is that the game will be able to support translators in converting the dialogues and text into whatever language!

-Secondly, we are looking into making an online only build of the game, this means, should we succeed, we'll be able to get a build up on the game onto sites like newgrounds and more, we're very hopefully getting the game out as far and wide as we can with language support, should help boost the community size greatly. :)

That's all I have for news for now,
I'll have more news as we get closer to the release,
we're pushing really hard to get this one out as soon as possible!

If you have any questions, please ask them in the comments section below or over on the discord and we'll try and answer you as soon as possible.

As always,
thank you guys so much for your support,
you guys are awesome and help keep things going around here!

-The Damned Studios Team

\\_Tremolo_//

Jul 1, 2022
View attachment 3003959

Alderian News!

Hey guys,
Just checking in to let you guys know on the latest progress and things!

So first and foremost, we're pushing hard with the 0.150 update art and coding wise etc. If you've been keeping up with my previous posts, you've probably got a good idea that this one is pretty huge.

Now, I've held back from mentioning this previously, as I didn't want to mention it till we were sure it was at least viable, but...

-For a long time, we've recieved numerous requests about the game possibly getting translations into different languages, and now, using a tool and weblate we've (hopefully), integrated into the game, our hope is that the game will be able to support translators in converting the dialogues and text into whatever language!

-Secondly, we are looking into making an online only build of the game, this means, should we succeed, we'll be able to get a build up on the game onto sites like newgrounds and more, we're very hopefully getting the game out as far and wide as we can with language support, should help boost the community size greatly. :)

I'll have more news as we get closer to the release,
we're pushing really hard to get this one out as soon as possible!

If you have any questions, please ask them in the comments section below or over on the discord and we'll try and answer you as soon as possible.

As always,
thank you guys so much for your support,
you guys are awesome and help keep things going around here!

-The Damned Studios Team
When I saw tentacles with Nyx I was like...
aprADZwA_700w_0.jpg

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: Eretain
Oct 4, 2017
I feel like a dumbass, but how do I use potions in battle? I've just come back to this game after a while away, and I don't see a button for my inventory or anything during a battle.

EDIT: Well, apparently when I lost the battle against the giant rat mother it bugged out and thought I actually won it, so problem solved I guess lol

• Haha
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017

Alderian News ... Almost there!

Hey guys, we're getting closer and closer to the release.
Thank you guys so much for your patience, I only want to ask for a little more.
We're applying some finishing touches and the last few scenes. I do want to admit, we're going to have to add in the majority of the Mages of Palam content next update, which we hope we will get out a lot quicker - simply put, we've overstretched ourselves with this (huge) update and such, and unfortunately, without additional delays, it's not viable, especially given the long stretch we've already asked people to wait, we think it's best just to get it out and then afterwards try and give the majority of the Mages of Palam content out to everyone as quickly as possible.
On the other hand, Captain Nyx fans will be very happy we think ;)

Thank you guys so much for your support as always,
you guys are awesome and help keep us motivated to push things further!

Love,
-The Damned Studios Team

New Adara (Above)

Also, feel free to check out the latest sketch video for the upcoming 0.150 build over on our youtube channel!

0pis

Aug 29, 2019

We're applying some finishing touches and the last few scenes. I do want to admit, we're going to have to add in the majority of the Mages of Palam content next update, which we hope we will get out a lot quicker - simply put, we've overstretched ourselves with this (huge) update and such, and unfortunately, without additional delays, it's not viable, especially given the long stretch we've already asked people to wait, we think it's best just to get it out and then afterwards try and give the majority of the Mages of Palam content out to everyone as quickly as possible.

Love,
-The Damned Studios Team

New Adara (Above)

Also, feel free to check out the latest sketch video for the upcoming 0.150 build over on our youtube channel!
1644239043290.gif
Ah, I'll miss the old style, makes me bit sad in a way. At least with time this game will be consistent visually.

Last edited:

Talamae

Sep 2, 2021
Loving the game, but I'm having trouble figuring out where the current version ends. Are there certain levels of infection I need before more of the story unlocks? (I know it ends in Act 1 right now, but I'm kinda looping around trying everything to see if I missed something). Can anyone provide a little guidance or a spoiler tagged end-point? I feel like I am missing something, but I can't figure it out.

\\_Tremolo_//

Jul 1, 2022

Love,
-The Damned Studios Team

New Adara (Above)

flat,750x1000,075,f.jpg

4.30 star(s) 74 Votes