lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Thanks to everyone who took part, color 5 won it! If you're a patron or subscribestar supporter, don't forget to check out the special thanks teaser outfit here following the link or over on the subscribestar:

image (38).png

skt14916

Apr 27, 2021
Why is the Slimelark in the Bloodhound quest so strong? Or is the MC too weak?
Can I level up the MC to make him stronger in any way? Or can I add someone as a party member? Or are there any items that I can equip other than the armor found in the general store? Anyone?

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Alderian News!

Hey guys,
progress is continuing nicely, been a while since the last update so I thought I'd get you guys up to speed on the latest progress and things.

Coding:

First and foremost, we're still working on improving combat into something much more fun and tangible, and I just want to emphasise, you won't see combat improve all at once, it will, over the course of a couple updates improve each time as we gear up towards the Steam release.
With that said, one complaint around combat was the lack of available skills, in the current build, every character has one special skill and that's it ... That won't be the case anymore.

New skills as you level up can be unlocked and used in combat. (WIP above)

Art:

New locations, characters and things are being worked on as well, (yes, including all the lewd stuff!)

One thing I do want to specify is despite pushing, I have my doubts about the update being available for the end of the month. I am almost certain it will be pushed back to mid-ish October at least, apologises for any frustration with this ... We're working as hard as we can to push PB into the next level.

Dorms at the Tower of Palam (Above)

Captain Nyx's bedroom (Very early WIP - above)

Sound:
We're working on adding some additional tracks to the game, everything from ambiance sfx to combat tracks + new additional sex tracks that will hopefully help improve the game's atmosphere overall.

One of those new tracks we'll be sharing over on the discord for Patrons/subscribestars only along with the uncensored lewd teaser below~ Don't forget to check it out!

The Alderian Governments censorship strikes again ... Curse Emperor Alcott!

That's all for now,
Thank you guys so much for your support,
you guys are awesome, and together, help us make this project a reality!

Love,
-The
Damned Studios Team

0pis

Aug 29, 2019
Alderian News!

Hey guys,
progress is continuing nicely, been a while since the last update so I thought I'd get you guys up to speed on the latest progress and things.

Coding:

First and foremost, we're still working on improving combat into something much more fun and tangible, and I just want to emphasise, you won't see combat improve all at once, it will, over the course of a couple updates improve each time as we gear up towards the Steam release.
With that said, one complaint around combat was the lack of available skills, in the current build, every character has one special skill and that's it ... That won't be the case anymore.

Art:

New locations, characters and things are being worked on as well, (yes, including all the lewd stuff!)

One thing I do want to specify is despite pushing, I have my doubts about the update being available for the end of the month. I am almost certain it will be pushed back to mid-ish October at least, apologises for any frustration with this ... We're working as hard as we can to push PB into the next level.

Sound:
We're working on adding some additional tracks to the game, everything from ambiance sfx to combat tracks + new additional sex tracks that will hopefully help improve the game's atmosphere overall.

One of those new tracks we'll be sharing over on the discord for Patrons/subscribestars only along with the uncensored lewd teaser below~ Don't forget to check it out!

That's all for now,

Love,
-The
Damned Studios Team
1667516166526893.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Ntrsugar

Eretain

Jan 26, 2021
Alderian News!

Hey guys,

Coding:

Art:

Sound:

That's all for now,

Love,
-The
Damned Studios Team
The censorship is Alcott's most questionable policy by far I say! Down with the Emperor!

Reactions: Ntrsugar

Ntrsugar

Dec 27, 2020
The life of an average dev staring at his computer screen for the 846th time this week, circa 1998
Are there any reworks planned for the Art during the Lewd Acts & animations ?
Its been the biggest gripe with this great game , the Character don't look like themselves in the lewd acts arts and animation.

Also , the lewd stuff Action om the screen starts before the dialouges , which MASSIVELY ruins the tempo and feel and flow of the immersion.
Will this be fixed ? This should be an easy fix ?

Anyway, this is one thr great games here and i hope to see it make more success. :illuminati:

Thank you for your work and keeping us updated.

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
Female MC! (Still in progress)
Yes, at key events if you choose this perk you'll be able to temporarily assume the form of a woman in order to unlock a possibly entirely different branch to how quests can play out, and this is just ONE of the many different perks planned.
So will there be actual sex scenes for female MC or will it just be another way to complete some quests? Might be a dumb question but for the sake of clarity I wanted to ask. Hoping for the former here, a similar game did it and I thought that shit was hot.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
So will there be actual sex scenes for female MC or will it just be another way to complete some quests? Might be a dumb question but for the sake of clarity I wanted to ask. Hoping for the former here, a similar game did it and I thought that shit was hot.
You will be able to fuck as Fem-MC. Choosing the perk will allow you to A.) During specific quests have an alt route where you play as fem MC. B.) Can open up additional opportunities outside of quests around the world, like I'm thinking you could work in some brothels to earn money and such ... (Not decided there, but a strong possibility).

Jun 28, 2020
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/data/label_start.rpy", line 54, in <module>
File "game/engine/gallery/gallery_functions.rpy", line 12, in unlockGalScene
TypeError: list indices must be integers or slices, not str

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "E:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "E:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\main.py", line 670, in main
run(restart)
File "E:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\main.py", line 144, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "E:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 953, in run_context
context.run()
File "data/label_start.rpyc", line 24, in script call
File "data/label_start.rpyc", line 54, in script
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/future/utils/__init__.py", line 444, in raise_
File "E:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "E:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "E:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\revertable.py", line 97, in do_mutation
return method(self, *args, **kwargs)

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.1.23060707
Parasite Black 0.149
Thu Sep 21 21:17:01 2023

i can't star new game why?

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "E:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "E:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\main.py", line 670, in main
run(restart)
File "E:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\main.py", line 144, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "E:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 953, in run_context
context.run()
File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/site-packages/future/utils/__init__.py", line 444, in raise_
File "E:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "E:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "E:\ParasiteBlack-0.149-pc\renpy\revertable.py", line 97, in do_mutation
return method(self, *args, **kwargs)

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.1.23060707
Parasite Black 0.149
Thu Sep 21 21:17:01 2023

i can't star new game why?
Delete persistent data in options - use a fresh save.

Last edited:

weezal

Jul 5, 2022
i've got a bug after getting the new armour from your father. the MC is butt ass naked all the time in all scenes the character model is in. anybody know a fix?

4.30 star(s) 74 Votes