nighlur

May 18, 2019
The artist who did some of the original designs like Adara's face etc is gone,
We want to move in a more consistent art direction hence that's part of the goal with the revamp.

As well, Regina I think personally looks far better now, but we might tweak the character, we'll see.
Putting aside my dislike for Reginas new facial features.While playing I felt her height really jarring when the player character had just trasformed into a gigachad. its seems like a small thing but can really be unimmersive when female standing pictures have that mommy like stature over the mc.I hope you pay attention to that in the future.

Reactions: mofonistik

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
stuck in combat with the armoured giants with large blue axes, at the first mission with Markus and Kiara, can't seem to defeat them - any cheats here???? or help to get past the fort

Socialsceptic

Jan 17, 2020
stuck in combat with the armoured giants with large blue axes, at the first mission with Markus and Kiara, can't seem to defeat them - any cheats here???? or help to get past the fort
Ok so to defeat the second wave at the fort in the prologue, first make a save, use the debuffs that your allies have on an enemy that does not have them or their normal attack on an enemy that has been debuffed and heavy attack on your main, focus on one enemy at a time, if the mc or allies health drops below 35 - 40% use a 50hp potion from the satchel as that character wont lose an attack, if you use a 30% heal potion it will cause you to lose an attack. The strategy isn't 100% effective as if the enemies focus on and kill one of your allies to early your pretty much screwed but this strat does have a high chance of success with both the original rule of 2 battle system and the current rule of 3 battle system.

Last edited:

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
strategy isn't 100% effective
Using the shield buff also works allthough it's just for the character that uses it, but for the tough fight starting with 2 debuffs and a shieldbuff can work well, it will remain somewhat random though.... (or shield them all and use debuffs second round)

Reactions: Socialsceptic

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Using the shield buff also works allthough it's just for the character that uses it, but for the tough fight starting with 2 debuffs and a shieldbuff can work well, it will remain somewhat random though.... (or shield them all and use debuffs second round)
Definitely agree. That's, IIRC, pretty much the approach I took in the fights.
Ok so to defeat the second wave at the fort in the prologue, first make a save, use the debuffs that your allies have on an enemy that does not have them or their normal attack on an enemy that has been debuffed and heavy attack on your main, focus on one enemy at a time, if the mc or allies health drops below 35 - 40% use a 50hp potion from the satchel as that character wont lose an attack, if you use a 30% heal potion it will cause you to lose an attack. The strategy isn't 100% effective as if the enemies focus on and kill one of your allies to early your pretty much screwed but this strat does have a high chance of success with both the original rule of 2 battle system and the current rule of 3 battle system.
I have no idea how the revamping of the combat system might change things, but what I did was save before the first in that series of battles started, and then again (as a new save slot) as I won individual battles throughout the whole fort fiasco. If I found I was in trouble because of something in a previous fight, I could always reload at the save before fighting at the fort started. Saved me a lot of time having to redo more of the prologue before that.

Socialsceptic

Jan 17, 2020
Definitely agree. That's, IIRC, pretty much the approach I took in the fights.
There is definitely merit to the shield buff strategy, I used it myself in my first playthrough and it works but I found that with the more aggresive stratagy I proposed there is a higher percentage chance of a successful outcome, for example when using the more conservite shield stratagy I would need to reload at least 3 times and with the aggresive stratagy I've had to reload once.

Last edited:
Reactions: vogelbeest

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Interesting so far but there's no way to go back to previous screen/text?
Makes it difficult as my trackball sometimes skips 2 or 3 screens of dialogue.

Cheers

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
There is definitely merit to the shield buff strategy, I used it myself in my first playthrough and it works but I found that with the more aggresive stratagy I proposed there is a higher percentage chance of a successful outcome, for example when using the more conservite shield stratagy I would need to reload at least 3 times and with the aggresive stratagy I've had to reload once.
Yes, true. Now that I think about it, I've used a hybrid. I start off very aggressively (with Marcus using his debuff). If someone is getting near to being in trouble (say, ⅓ health or so), I then start having that one character use the shield while the other two continue to hammer on the same enemy. Ultimately, focusing on one at a time is always the right move (except for debuffing maybe). The fewer there are to attack, the less damage overall will be suffered.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Interesting so far but there's no way to go back to previous screen/text?
Makes it difficult as my trackball sometimes skips 2 or 3 screens of dialogue.

Cheers
Rollback is disabled by default in the game, probably because of potential bugs that could result by having it available. Ofc, lostraven could offer more details. You can change that in Settings.

Reactions: Forgotted

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Rollback is disabled by default in the game, probably because of potential bugs that could result by having it available. Ofc, lostraven could offer more details. You can change that in Settings.

Thanks for the tip, and just to prove how thick I am.... lol
I enabled it but it doesn't seem to work? Do I have to start a new game for that setting to take effect?

Thanks again
Cheers

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Use damage debuff on a target you won't be focusing. Use armor debuff on target you want to focus. You could also use the first turn to shield everyone if you want. Shielding may or may not lead to better results, but it should be more stable. Use 50 hp pot when hurt too much.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
rollback is disabled by default. You can enable it it the settings .
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Cheers

I've looked through a few pages of posts but didn't see. Did they say how frequently
the were going to issue updates? I've played some games then found out they only
update it a couple times a year....which was a bummer. Then some that updated every
couple weeks or so, when was almost too quickly because of less content... Anyway,
was just curious.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Thanks for the tip, and just to prove how thick I am.... lol
I enabled it but it doesn't seem to work? Do I have to start a new game for that setting to take effect?

Thanks again
Cheers
I haven't tried to use it myself, so I'm not sure. Sorry. Maybe lostraven will see your post and help you out. He's on here relatively often.

Reactions: Forgotted

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Cheers

I've looked through a few pages of posts but didn't see. Did they say how frequently
the were going to issue updates? I've played some games then found out they only
update it a couple times a year....which was a bummer. Then some that updated every
couple weeks or so, when was almost too quickly because of less content... Anyway,
was just curious.
We update as much as we can but updates can typically be expected around 1-3 months typically is the plan depending on update size.

With more support, we can hire more staff and do more etc of course.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Developers Update
Hey guys,
We're still working away at the latest update as well as the revamping of mechanics and such, things are pretty busy right now, as we've still got a ton of work to get done, but it's all looking very promising.
If you guys have any questions, don't forget to either drop us a line below, or over on the discord if you haven't joined already!
Discord link:
Now, the PB Team believes variety is the spice of life, as you know, we'll be covering a wide range of different types of species, creatures and people ranging from the fantastical to the mundane that you can meet and interact with in the world of Parasite Black. (All optional, of course).
We know some of you are eagerly waiting to meet Ves the Orc and see what other characters we have in stall for next time, and don't worry, you'll be getting to know her real soon in the next update...
But for those of you interested in seeing something a little...different than our previous offerings, well, Sister Divine has a few surprises of her own ;)

1642362093583.png

Radicallity

Apr 8, 2020
Developers Update
Hey guys,
We're still working away at the latest update as well as the revamping of mechanics and such, things are pretty busy right now, as we've still got a ton of work to get done, but it's all looking very promising.
If you guys have any questions, don't forget to either drop us a line below, or over on the discord if you haven't joined already!
Discord link:
Now, the PB Team believes variety is the spice of life, as you know, we'll be covering a wide range of different types of species, creatures and people ranging from the fantastical to the mundane that you can meet and interact with in the world of Parasite Black. (All optional, of course).
We know some of you are eagerly waiting to meet Ves the Orc and see what other characters we have in stall for next time, and don't worry, you'll be getting to know her real soon in the next update...
But for those of you interested in seeing something a little...different than our previous offerings, well, Sister Divine has a few surprises of her own ;)

View attachment 1600283
That is a dick down there. No if's, and's, or but's about it. This woman be packing. PREPARE FOR IMPACT BOYS!!!

• Haha
Reactions: monk_56
4.30 star(s) 74 Votes