lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
PARASITE BLACK V0.136 TEST BUILD
Hey guys! This is the latest build including a PARTIAL part of Nijah's quest line can now be played and completed! None of the lewd content has yet been added, our animator and artist(s) are still working on the many scenes, but please, we hope you enjoy our rough cut of the quest and give us any feedback on bugs or anything you want!
We've also worked hard to continue to improve technical aspects of the game as usual, there's still a long way to go but we're making headway! See the changelog for more details on our progress with this front.

Please read: As part of our pledge to update you guys monthly, the new Nijah quest is still VERY much a WIP, with a lot of art missing, alt routes missing and polish in general - If you want the full experience of this quest properly, wait for the next build. Please keep this in mind while playing part of the new quest - There are no lewd scenes yet added!

As always, thank you all for your support so far! It means the world to us! We hope you enjoy!
-The Damned Studios Team

Links:
GDRIVE:
PC
APK
MAC (edited)

MEGA:
PC
APK
MAC

CHANGELOG:
Engine: - Fix to android (.apk) builds. They now work. Again.
Content: - New Nijah character sprite. - A new quest revolving around Nijah (Damzel in Diztrezz) that you can begin if you visit pleasure district after completing From Another World. Might want to daily-revisit ~twice or so for the event to fire.
Note: this is a first not-quite-linear quest we've got. Bring feedback if anything borks up.
- The Black Diamond location. Currently only visited temporarily for the duration of Damzel in Diztrezz quest, will be re-visitable once the quest is finalized & missing assets acquired.
- Three new enemy types: a bandit, a thug, a guard. Currently only used within Damzel in Diztrezz quest.
- Nijah house & some coding scaffolding for her TBA lewd content that is unlocked post ^ quest.
- Applied a quick & dirty visual tweak to sewers battle map.
We'll most likely change it further down the line. Till then, boosted brightness/contrast should do.
- Added a country-ish street battle map, currently used in Damzel in Diztrezz quest.
- Markus added as a character that you can speak to in his house. Not much there for now, just a consistency's sake.
- Added a small cozy system playing a random sound from an SFX library. Currently only used for door creaks around the city.
Will come full force when we get to combat sounds. - Added more 'glowing lights' VFX to locations. Think we've covered all of them.
Interface:
- You can now select an enemy in party battle instead of hovering about. Will come in play when there's need to hover over their status effects for tooltips.
- You can toggle narrative auto-forward in the options menu. This Ancient Technology was scrapped along with the original Renpy UI months back, but it was never forgotten.
- Small tweaks to misaligned text on some ui-s.
- Fancied up interactables' buttons all over the place. (The circles with icons in) Gameplay tweaks:
- Made it so that the player can't hunt demorai at daytime anymore.
- You cannot rest when the narrative screen is shown anymore.
- As per feedback, changed sewer quest (High Fashion) to only be trigger-able after completing From Another World.
- As per feedback, fixed Shani's name dialogue bit so that you can't annoy her about it indefinitely.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
The information above is slightly inaccurate, we're on 0.137 I just need to find out what other small changes exact have been added. Lewd stuff is to come with next release at the end of the month (along with more content in general).

Reactions: BlueZone

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Well i just want to buy this no a sub on patron, can you sell it on steam???
We will be selling it on steam! We just want to make sure it's a high enough quality before we do, i.e, some more revamp work is to be implemented, more coding feature essentials and just generally more content to justify the price.

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
We will be selling it on steam! We just want to make sure it's a high enough quality before we do, i.e, some more revamp work is to be implemented, more coding feature essentials and just generally more content to justify the price.
Don't forget to make clean code, a good planning and comments as well will become your best friend in the future updates when new clients makes you add things to not break constantly save files.

Lurker Luke

May 12, 2020
Any tips on triggering the new character / quest? tried to trigger it a few times over several days and nothing so far.

Snide_Krul

Mar 31, 2020
i can't save, at all. it just brings up error masseges
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 382, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
Exception: Not saved - no valid save locations.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3325, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 4160, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1102, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 727, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 1323, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 273, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 273, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 983, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 918, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 330, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 382, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
  File "renpy/loadsave.py", line 435, in save
    location.save(slotname, sr)
  File "renpy/savelocation.py", line 435, in save
    raise Exception("Not saved - no valid save locations.")
Exception: Not saved - no valid save locations.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Parasite Black 0.137
Sun Jul 17 02:37:40 2022

4.30 star(s) 74 Votes