lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Alderian News!
Hey guys, as promised I just wanted to take a moment to talk to you guys about the current development of the project and game as well as hopefully answer any questions you guys might have.

Art:
First and foremost, we are working to still update much of the old art and such and we plan to make real strides with that this month, for example:

Library (old - current in game)

Library (New - replacement art still WIP)

Along with some changes as well to character models, one or two story CGs and some of the old sex scenes, these style changes do fit the aethestic of the world a lot better we feel, and make the game as a whole more cohesive artistically. We'll have more to show on that soon but we think we're making good strides there.

New content:
While the main focus of this update is not only going to be improving the game's art cohesion and technical aspects, as usual, we will be giving some additional new content for the player to try.
The main focus of this update will be focused on Arwen, one of the prostitutes available at the Brothel District. Without going into too much spoiler territory, we do have some fun 'hot' scenes planned there that hopefully we'll be able to pull off in the time we have but that's all I can say for now. :)

And finally, the last thing to discuss:-
Technical stuff and when will my saves work damn it?:
So, one of the main hurdles we still face is getting in the many technical features. Some of you may be wondering what kind of features, so I hope to go into a bit more detail explaining some of the stuff technically planned (spoiling as little as I can).
But the first thing to understand is that each of these features implemented is what largely causes the saves between builds to destabilize. this is due to so much of the engine code getting re-wrote so it pretty much just crashes the saves.

Which leaves us with only two things we can do:
1.) Implement all the features as quickly as possible
2.) Make the save system itself as robust as possible.

With that said, even with the game as stable as possible, and while far less likely than now, there is always going to be the chance that saves will be corrupted...There is no way to guarantee 100% saves working but they will be far more likely to work.

(Please note, we will be supplying saves from now on when necessary/if we can).

Now, while on the subject of features, I wanted to showcase a bit and talk through some of these planned feats, how they'll make the game better and despite the problems they're currently causing with saves, why it's worth it.

1.) Navigation: While the player is likely familar with navigation on the 'city level', what we haven't integrated yet is the world maps. The idea being to move from location to location, you'll have to traverse across a 'travel map' where various things can happen, (battles, random encounters and a host of other crazy things that I can't talk about without spoilers), but we really think this will help bring the world alive and be one of the most dynamic parts of the game.

2.) Skills: are exactly that, as the player levels in in-game, he/she gets stronger and learns new moves/skills (some lewd maybe, *cough*), a pretty essential part to any RPG.

3.) Crafting: - While scavening and finding new equipment/items out in the world, the player will be able (perhaps dependent on skill level) to craft new and useful items while out adventuring, this could anything from health potions to whatever.

4.) Relationships: - Tracking who the player is in a relationship with, whether the player is married to them or has children with that person + other things.

5.) Quests: - That Adventurer Guild is a little barren right now, we plan to change that adding in a 'Guild board' where the player will be able to partake in various repeatable quests and stuff ranked to different tiers offering higher rewards (and perhaps unlocking special missions as the player does so.

I'm not gonna go through the rest of them, but suffice to say this kinda stuff is why this is such a code heavy Renpy game, (if not one of the most python heavy renpy games around), and I hope this gives you a bit of a better idea on some of the stuff we have planned.

I'll leave you guys to speculate on some of the others features on that board, (not all are listed)...

Alright guys, I think that wraps up this Alderian news,
If you guys have any questions don't forget to ask them below or join us over on discord and ask them there!
Discord link:

Thank you guys as always for your support, is does make a huge difference in making this game what it is and we really hope we can make the best game we can.
If you're thinking about supporting, please do, we appreciate every cent even if it's just a few dollars helping keep the lights on around here :)

-The Damned Studios Team

jerikk

Dec 20, 2021
Is there a way to see a gallery of unlocked scenes? I keep seeing scene added after a new one but I can't find anywhere to then view them

Areyouken

Jun 24, 2018
Thanks for the update. Any plans on increasing content for Regina? That brass dildo is gonna be so cold, and Id wager shed love to have a real warm dick in her. ;)

HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
Alderian News!
Hey guys, as promised I just wanted to take a moment to talk to you guys about the current development of the project and game as well as hopefully answer any questions you guys might have.

Art:
First and foremost, we are working to still update much of the old art and such and we plan to make real strides with that this month, for example:

Library (old - current in game)

Library (New - replacement art still WIP)

Along with some changes as well to character models, one or two story CGs and some of the old sex scenes, these style changes do fit the aethestic of the world a lot better we feel, and make the game as a whole more cohesive artistically. We'll have more to show on that soon but we think we're making good strides there.

New content:
While the main focus of this update is not only going to be improving the game's art cohesion and technical aspects, as usual, we will be giving some additional new content for the player to try.
The main focus of this update will be focused on Arwen, one of the prostitutes available at the Brothel District. Without going into too much spoiler territory, we do have some fun 'hot' scenes planned there that hopefully we'll be able to pull off in the time we have but that's all I can say for now. :)

And finally, the last thing to discuss:-
Technical stuff and when will my saves work damn it?:
So, one of the main hurdles we still face is getting in the many technical features. Some of you may be wondering what kind of features, so I hope to go into a bit more detail explaining some of the stuff technically planned (spoiling as little as I can).
But the first thing to understand is that each of these features implemented is what largely causes the saves between builds to destabilize. this is due to so much of the engine code getting re-wrote so it pretty much just crashes the saves.

Which leaves us with only two things we can do:
1.) Implement all the features as quickly as possible
2.) Make the save system itself as robust as possible.

With that said, even with the game as stable as possible, and while far less likely than now, there is always going to be the chance that saves will be corrupted...There is no way to guarantee 100% saves working but they will be far more likely to work.

(Please note, we will be supplying saves from now on when necessary/if we can).

Now, while on the subject of features, I wanted to showcase a bit and talk through some of these planned feats, how they'll make the game better and despite the problems they're currently causing with saves, why it's worth it.

1.) Navigation: While the player is likely familar with navigation on the 'city level', what we haven't integrated yet is the world maps. The idea being to move from location to location, you'll have to traverse across a 'travel map' where various things can happen, (battles, random encounters and a host of other crazy things that I can't talk about without spoilers), but we really think this will help bring the world alive and be one of the most dynamic parts of the game.

2.) Skills: are exactly that, as the player levels in in-game, he/she gets stronger and learns new moves/skills (some lewd maybe, *cough*), a pretty essential part to any RPG.

3.) Crafting: - While scavening and finding new equipment/items out in the world, the player will be able (perhaps dependent on skill level) to craft new and useful items while out adventuring, this could anything from health potions to whatever.

4.) Relationships: - Tracking who the player is in a relationship with, whether the player is married to them or has children with that person + other things.

5.) Quests: - That Adventurer Guild is a little barren right now, we plan to change that adding in a 'Guild board' where the player will be able to partake in various repeatable quests and stuff ranked to different tiers offering higher rewards (and perhaps unlocking special missions as the player does so.

I'm not gonna go through the rest of them, but suffice to say this kinda stuff is why this is such a code heavy Renpy game, (if not one of the most python heavy renpy games around), and I hope this gives you a bit of a better idea on some of the stuff we have planned.

I'll leave you guys to speculate on some of the others features on that board, (not all are listed)...

Alright guys, I think that wraps up this Alderian news,
If you guys have any questions don't forget to ask them below or join us over on discord and ask them there!
Discord link:

Thank you guys as always for your support, is does make a huge difference in making this game what it is and we really hope we can make the best game we can.
If you're thinking about supporting, please do, we appreciate every cent even if it's just a few dollars helping keep the lights on around here :)

-The Damned Studios Team
I'll take option number 3 about technical details... If you have planned the "what to do" then you can organize and focus the development on this, you could achieve save file compatibility for good quickly. But of course, first end the graphical template before implementing the code for this technical improvements to then do it as a whole in an update instead of partial tiny gradual updates that focus more in stability that still may break save file compatibility in each release. You can plan for example:

2023 January First Tech update: "skills" or to the better, character sheet, in this update Parasite Black will focus to add the complete set of "skills" or character sheet to implement the choose of equipment, what status to raise. And of course, bug fixing.

2023 March Normal update: in this you add the normal progress, some new places - characters - weapons - enemies... the usual, meanwhile fixing bugs of the First Tech.

2023 May Second Tech Update: crafting and completion of character bag (limits and how to expand it)...

2023 July Normal update: in this you add the normal progress, some new places - characters - weapons - enemies... the usual, meanwhile fixing bugs of the Second Tech.

2023 September Third Tech Update: adding of relationships and quest...

And so on... If this additions apply to other characters as well as can be Marcus and other companions (temporal or permanent) to Main Character, then this must be program in a way that ca be reuse instead of coding it statically for each one. Like making a class or switch were the same code can be called for different characters and there is a call for the data that fits in the code for this class or switch. I don't know if i'm explaining myself good on this matter.

Lithomire

Oct 27, 2022
I said this character looks completely out of place for the setting.
You countered with saying that it is a fantasy setting
so I explained to you that fantasy does not mean furries
furries are a completely different genere than fantasy.

You can mix furries and fantasy, it is allowed. But you can't just say that just because a setting is fantasy it should also have furries. or that furries fit in seamlessly into any fantasy setting.
*Cough* *Cough* Elder scrolls *Cough* two playable furry races and weres and then like 3-4 more anthro races *Cough*

in other words i think lupin and any other anthro race of beastials will fist just fine into Paracite black.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
*Cough* *Cough* Elder scrolls *Cough* two playable furry races and weres and then like 3-4 more anthro races *Cough*
1. just because someone once did a crossovor before does not mean it is a part of the genre. the vast majority of fantasy does not feature furries.
2. those are not really furry. they lack the sexualization, in fact they look utterly hideous

Lithomire

Oct 27, 2022
1. just because someone once did a crossovor before does not mean it is a part of the genre. the vast majority of fantasy does not feature furries.
2. those are not really furry. they lack the sexualization, in fact they look utterly hideous

Almost like bethesda isnt a H-game developer? why would they make them sexualized that is the modders jobs,as for being hideous attraction is in the beholder Argonians are very attractive to me soo?

Deleted member 4865569

Apr 26, 2022
yea tired of my saves breaking... this would have to be my 3rd time starting over..

nah fuck that.

is it a way to get your saves back?

getting tired of starting over everytime it's an update.

Bob Jared

Sep 22, 2017
How do you trigger the Elena scenes? I've already finished her quest, but no scene at all.

Edit: Ok, after a while when you return to your room, she will start a conversation
How to complete her quest? I rea the book and talked to the fortune teller about the possible curse then had the follow-p conversations with Elena but can't find the third objective.

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
How to complete her quest? I rea the book and talked to the fortune teller about the possible curse then had the follow-p conversations with Elena but can't find the third objective.
From my memory, you have to talk to the Fortune Teller, to the girl in the library, and to the General Merchant to get the 3 tips.

Reactions: Bob Jared

jokuur

May 23, 2019
where in this game is pregnancy or lactation? i cant find any of this in gallery, i dont think this genre should be included yet as there are no images and scenes of it yet

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
where in this game is pregnancy or lactation? i cant find any of this in gallery, i dont think this genre should be included yet as there are no images and scenes of it yet
It's just a toggle for now, *should* be implementing this update coming the full package.

Why change the library? I thought it looked nice.
Because it's still another inconsistency in the art, not that it's bad in itself, but it's more of an 'oil painting' style and doesn't sit right with our character models so well, nor does it fit with the art we're really trying to standardize as a whole.

4.30 star(s) 74 Votes