Back

Aug 3, 2017
That doesn't explain why the end credit scene doesn't have Korean and instead another asian language written on it. Nor does it explain why the site wasn't written in korean either.
I'll concede the point that we can never truly know if the dev is indeed Korean considering the general anonymity of the internet, but the dev being Korean is the prevailing theory. (Some old forum posts by the dev and the sudden disappearance hinted towards that direction.)
An attempt to cover his tracks maybe? In case someone found out?
I'd say that's a likely possibility. In addition, since the main point of sale was dlsite which is owned and operated by a Japanese company catering to mostly a Japanese audience the dev can easily structure his game towards them. Remember, PiC is an pixel-based, action sidescroller -- games which generally doesn't tend to have reams of text for them. Thus, making the game available in Japanese was likely a decision to promote sales (and shortly later, in English by swapping out some text) while also casting doubt on his Korean roots. See: and . (Man, the navi and layout still takes some getting used to in the new all-in-one dlsite.)

Okay, recommendation time! Though I haven't played PiC in a great many years, there was another similar game that you guys might enjoy. It's called . It's also an action-based game along with a CG mode. Unfortunately, it's not in English, but games like these doesn't emphasize much on the language front. (It's been just as long since I played this one, but I don't see anything indicating that it was ever translated.) There's a wide variety of creatures and monsters Iris will face with scenes that are defeat-based. Be forewarned that Iris can die(!) and the best ending, iirc, is only acquirable when she doesn't have a death-related event and has less than three defeated scenes. May not be for everybody, but if you like PiC then I think it's game worth trying out if you haven't already done so. Cheers and have fun y'all!

Fraggles

Aug 30, 2017
Was there ever a fix for the censorship? or did the dev not get around to that before he got taken out by mothman or whathave you.

Suedama

Jul 20, 2020
I've come here to pay respect to the game that turned me from a vanilla addict into a full on degenerate, I guess thank you PiC.

Kinda bummed out that there's no sequel to this game, but there are plenty that kinda fill the void, I'd recommend The Agneitta, it isn't that fleshed out now, but the art is amazing!

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
Version 1.03 seems to have a bug where you can't get her pregnant from facehuggers. Unless anyone knows how to trigger it...does anyone have a link to 1.02?

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Suedama - Agneitta?
f9account - Like mk40, I don't recall those things getting her pregnant either. But it's been a great many years since I last played this game (like before F95). Are you sure it's a thing?

Back

Aug 3, 2017
Ah okay, thanks. That's why I couldn't find it (as it was misspelled). I'll take a good look at it in the future. From just glancing at some of the (scene) preview pics, it immediately reminded me of another game from way back in the day, Buy Herbs. After some searching, I found it here: . Anyway, good looking out, mk40. Thanks again.
Edit: In case it matters to anyone at all, I don't think a pure run is possible in Buy Herbs. As I recall, you can go through most of the game on the harder pure run, but right near the end, the game requires a certain... trigger, before the player can progress further. And if memory serves, that's why I stopped. At least the game was interesting enough to be memorable even after all these years. ^^"

Last edited:

Suedama

Jul 20, 2020
Ah okay, thanks. That's why I couldn't find it (as it was misspelled). I'll take a good look at it in the future. From just glancing at some of the (scene) preview pics, it immediately reminded me of another game from way back in the day, Buy Herbs. After some searching, I found it here: . Anyway, good looking out, mk40. Thanks again.
Edit: In case it matters to anyone at all, I don't think a pure run is possible in Buy Herbs. As I recall, you can go through most of the game on the harder pure run, but right near the end, the game requires a certain... trigger, before the player can progress further. And if memory serves, that's why I stopped. At least the game was interesting enough to be memorable even after all these years. ^^"
Yeah, sorry about that, wasn't really concentrating since I posted that after a long day of work, decided to visit f95 for, y'know release. Thank you for the recommendation tho, gonna check that out when I can.

There's another game similar to PiC that I remember recently after cleaning out my hard drive, it's called Alien Quest (and this time it's not a typo I swear ;)), it's more western and got a bit of metroidvania vibe into it, the art is pretty cool though

Reactions: Back

Suedama

Jul 20, 2020
I always thought the facehugger wasn't intended to get her pregnant.. Especially since she give birth a to a fly/bee and not a facehugger. So is it really a bug?
Well, she is giving birth to a bug, so...
Joking aside, I'm not sure how to get her pregnant either, I think through all of my playthrough, it only happened twice.

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
You have to provoke zombie girl and facehugger fuck main character.
This worked! Unfortunately, the birth artwork is still for a generic fly creature. Oh well, someday there will be a similar game with actual unique tentacle birth monsters.

mk40

Jul 23, 2018
This worked! Unfortunately, the birth artwork is still for a generic fly creature. Oh well, someday there will be a similar game with actual unique tentacle birth monsters.
Yeah, there is only one birth animation in the game files. The bug is probably the fact that she get pregnant from this specific animation.

seva_morozow

Sep 17, 2017
The fact that she gives birth to a fly after being fucked by facehugger and zombie girl is definitely a mistake in the game code, cause I don't remember her being pregnant after double flies.
But the thing, that interests me after playing around with cheat engine is: how to spawn/despawn certain kinds of enemies.
I could find definitions of animations, make them loop and all, but the ability to spawn enemies or/and make them/main character restore hp after certain actions(like sex) drives me crazy.

Reactions: f9account

Sattur

Mar 4, 2020
Its upsetting that most of the good developers out there for this kind of stuff established the Genre for others to rely on getting a broad idea of what to layout their project planning on their own version but some of the ones i've seen didn't just took a page out of this guy's book, they took the book itself, but its crap eitherway, but just wanted to make money out of it regardless.
There's a rare few out there who are still interested in making pixel stuff like this, hopefully people take interest in this style as its very rare nowadays.

All i see is rip-offs from this game in 2d crap.

Reactions: tomwilliams9911
4.40 star(s) 31 Votes